Thread: cladding

cladding

hey guys just wondering i recently just got in a little fender bender with the VX yes i know sad.. i was wondering since i am getting the front cladding replaced it will not match the faded parts since it is brand new does anyone know where to get the other cladding parts cheap

Hey! Another VX in Pennsylvania!

Actually, I had a little altercation with a Neon last winter and had to have the front cladding replaced. I too was concerned that it wouldn't match with the older pieces, but it did, perfectly. So I'd wait and see before you buy anything.

~

HEY WHAT ABOUT ME!!!

Oh nice, I didn't even see this till now.

And your not too far from me. Glad to have another VX in town.

See this thread: http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=5320

Get this "Forever Black" dye and put it on your old panels, you will get within a couple percent of the original shade and it is way cheaper than buying new cladding.

Thumbs up

I am getting ready to try a new product called TS-1 by Armor-Dillo. The service manager at my local dealership gave me a few to try out. It is reported to restore all plastic to like new. If anyone is interested there is a site for it (www.armor-dillo.com). Has anyone already tried this before? I'll post my results after few days of rain or washing. I'm curious to see how long it lasts!
    Arachnid J
    Titusville,FL
    '01 Ironman VX

99 White, 99 Astral Silver, 01 Kaiser Silver
    I checked around online about that product Arachnid, saw mentions of it related to the chevy avalanche. Checked out some of the avalanche forums and found this mention..

"This comment comes realy late, but, I bought some stuff called Armor-dilla or something like that from the Chevy dealership parts dept and it is the OFFICIAL GM fix for discolored plastic on AVies. It says to use once a year. I put it on this weekend and it looks great. Better than it looked at the dealership eve."

If the Chevy dealerships are pushing it then it must be a pretty good product. And apparently the Avalanches suffer the exact some fading on their cladding as does ours. So, very interesting!
    Brian Cozzens - Art Director
    Borderlands / Aliens: Colonial Marines
    www.gearboxsoftware.com

I too would like to know how that works, I had a small altercation with a post and scraped my front corner. It doesn't look too bad as long as I keep that Back to Black on it but as soon as I wash it EEEK. I would'nt mind replacing the cladding but not for $400. I can buy alot of polish for that price. But if anyone knows of a front cladding any cheaper let me know, otherwise I'll keep polishing for a while!

Quote Originally Posted by Offroad vx
    I would'nt mind replacing the cladding but not for $400.
    Front cladding/bumper? $280 or thereabouts, no shipping fees.
    Don Viner
    Sunset Isuzu
    6211 L Street
    Omaha, NE 68117
    O - (402) 733-2227 ext 214
    F - (402) 733-0395
    M - (402) 505-2147
    don@sunsetisuzu.com
    http://www.sunsetmotors.net

A little update on the application of TS-1 product by Armor-Dillo. It is really turning out to be the best thing that I have used. I have tried about everything that has been posted on here and this one is my favorite so far. Goes on easy and it only took one package to do the whole VX. I would suggest putting it on in late evening when it is not as hot outside. It has held up through a couple of cleanings and looks as good as when I put it on.The service manager that gave me the samples said that this was supposed to be a long term fix for the faded trim. I'm still waiting on a really good rain to try it out. I'll keep everyone updated and for now I'll give it a .

Later,
    James