Thread: Jay's desk!

Jay's desk!

People crap there pants and cursed me out when they see my desk. Made it few years back, thought I would share.

Thinking on producing these bad boys(different sizes and what not), what would you pay for something like this?
    Draftsman of the dead

bro - thats sick! not my style but its still sick - what is it made out of? how lond did it take u? how did u do it???
    once again - very nice
    I want a VX. I am going to buy one. Soon.
    DaNiiK@OpTonLiNe.NeT -Danny

Thumbs up SWEET

Jay, ;eekg; NICE ! I love it! What is it made out of? I would love to sit at my computer on this desk! Cost would depend on materials used!

Dave...
    Always a kid at heart!

It would make a nice headstone on a graveyard.
    VX : CLOSEST THING TO A CONCEPT CAR!

BADASS!

Jay: That reminds me a lot of how much I want a Harkonnen chair.

Is that resin, cast metal?

John C.

Awesome. I like it. What's it made of?
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

It's made from a whole bunch of stuff.

MDO board
    metal rivets
    chain
    kit skulls

These pics were taken when I moved, I cleaned it up and gave it a fresh coat of paint. The top is one piece and the legs bolt on. It's my day to day workstation, If you can see it now it's camouflaged in crap(papers, toys etc.)....I really need to clean out my office.

Thumbs up

Whether it's your style or not, ya have to admit it's pretty well done! Jay, you should do movie sets or something - although it sounds like your current gig is pretty cool already. Hmmm... I wouldn't want one just like that, but kind of along those lines minus the skulls. How much would you be willing to deviate from the original design? I'd basically be looking at some different posts.

I love to draw and I do it all the time. Will have to post some pics but I'm trying to finish several first, and I'm so picky I do about 10 versions of all of 'em before I'm maybe satisfied. Pretty limited to graphite and basic pen and ink right now but want to experiment with other mediums. Usually fantasy art I guess you'd say - swordfights, people with weapons and armor... but what is increasingly interesting to me is working in 3 dimensions, which is why the desk is so interesting. Never had thought about trying to make myself a desk until now. I need a unique and interesting way to display my sword collection too... like two parallel posts that could mount to a wall. I like wolves - that would be a cool theme.

Someone mentioned gravestones. I saw the wildest one the other day out near the beach. I swear it is a granite wheel complete with a tread pattern and working spinner rim. I am not kidding. I'll get a pic for you all.
    Last edited by Heraclid : 12/30/2004 at 09:08 PM

If you like that, you might like this:

http://www.jmlaroche.com/en/index.htm

I own these 2 signed numbered pieces of his work.

also see:

www.hrgiger.com

John C.

wow jay, thats really nice.

I'm working on putting together a desk for my new place thats going to be built mostly from all the spare boat parts I have laying around.

Should be interesting.
    2000 Black VX 105k

There's a whole series of fossil-looking knives out there that are quite similar. Not sure who makes 'em off the top of my head, but not either of those. One of them is a pretty cool sabertooth skull, with twin blades, obviously.