Thread: Dash Light outage

Dash Light outage

My illumination lights went out These are the ones that work when you turn on your head lights. No fuse is blown...and as far as looking in the manual, all I can find is the Diode in the fuse box, but how do you change it...IF that is the problem???

Correct me if I am wrong........(I have been before,I'll admit it) the diode "box" is just like a fuse, it can be pulled out and changed. Just try your local NAPA store first
    John

Check the connection to the dimmer switch for the dash lights to the left of the steering column. IME if that connector comes loose, you will loose illumination or if that item fails.

the illumation control never got disconnected. How do you get the diode out???...I have been trying and unless I start breaking things...it seems I can not pull or pry it out.

So you verified that it was plugged in? I can easily come undone or loosened if the panel under the steering wheel is ever removed and then disconnect with a bump or over time. I have seen this on my own and several other VXes. Not sure how to get the diode out but that would be a VERY remote possibility.

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987
    The diode should only cook if there is a battery or alternator polarity reversal combined with a high amp draw. If you can disconnect at least one end of the diode from the circuit, you can test it with an ohmmeter. Start on the hi scale and work down to lower scales until you get a mid scale reading. A good diode will read a high resistance with the red and black meter probes on the ends of the diode leads, and a low resistance if you reverse the leads. Usually when they blow, they either crack or look and smell burnt.
    Last edited by SGT.BATGUANO : 12/30/2004 at 12:44 AM

My AC lights Stay ON!

My big problem is my AC control Leds stay on. No matter what:

AC Turned off.
    Engine Stopped.
    Key is out.
    Head lights Off/On
    Winter/ Summer.

Also the blend doors and servos continue to function as well, along with the interior thermosat, and as I said, the key aint even in the car!

Weird?
    This is weirder:

The only way I can stop this unusual behaviour is to pull the dome light fuse but then I have to put it back in if I want my HVAC to work.

Ideas anyone?

This is NOT a joke.
    Last edited by SpaceTruck'n : 12/30/2004 at 09:29 PM

Unhappy How come I have to log in so much?

Also, everytime I visit this forum I have to log in like TEN times every few seconds.

WHY?

Its pissing me off!

You probably need to enable cookies, or not block cookies for this site.

Not sure about your AC light problem tho.
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers