Thread: Add-Ons...or Gimmicks?

Question Add-Ons...or Gimmicks?

Hey Gang...
    Got some quick questions about all these gadgets and goodies popping up on E-bay and I want to know if anyone has had any experience with any of these products....
    1. Electric Supercharger Kit...claims to add 30-40 hp.
    2. Progressive Tuner...claiming a 7-22 hp increase.
    3. K&N Air Intake System...claims to add 10 hp.

All these systems make a lot of claims about increased HP.
    I know that Tone has a real sweet Supercharger package for sale but I would like to know about other options.
    Thanks........John

The ecelctric S/C is bul*****, it is basiclly a hair drier motor that bolts on your intake. It is not strong enough to even get yur engine out of Vacume let alone develop any boost.

The tunner could be crap but be very careful, some of these "tuners" can hae enought adjustability to actualy do damage if you dont know what your doing.

The K&N intake will probibly only get you around 5-6hp. All the kit is, is a cheap luminum elbow and a K&N cone filter that replace the stock airbox but still use the stock plastic elbow.

So thts my take on the ebay stuff. Hope that helps a little
    Drive it like ya stole it!!!

2002 Axiom XS
    -20" Eco 820s with Goodyears
    -Custom fiberglass system...Rockford, JBL
    -Cutom powerdyne supercharger in the works
    -Cutom functional WRX hood scoop
    -Custom morgan-tec dual exhaust
    -Morgan-tec high flow intake kit

For prices, pics, audio and vid clips of my products please check out www.morgan-tec.com

Got you!!!! I won't even bother with the "C--P" Why waste the money if they are scams. Thanks!
    John

Bear/Morgan I saw that on ebay and didn't stop laughing for an hour. For all of you that didn't see it check the link below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...944304392&rd=1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

Hey John,
    A friend of mine got the electric super charger like 3 or more years back. Well first of all he said it did make a difference (this was on a sports car) but as the years past he changed his tune and said it was a waste of money. What ever one he had purchased wasn't cheap and had a high CFM motor on it which drew some amperage when running.
    As stated with the K&N - I'd say your really not going to feel any power but you will hear the intake more -- sound=power .

Progressive Tuner -- scares me - messing with the timing advancements and computer setting - I'd stay away too.

VCrossFan sad thing is there are people that buy those .

Happy Holidays everyone,
    Andy
    Andy C
    01 Firefox VX
    CT

Wow! Thanks for posting that eBay link... I still have more than two hours to bid! Yehaw! I'm gonna SC my VX... oh wait... no I'm not. That is definitely some funny crap!

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am)

Undergoing LS1 Conversion as we speak!
    Click Image to Visit My Website!
    My Webshots Gallery...

so stupid...

when i was 13 years old i took a vaccum cleaner motor and made an "electric supercharger" lol. No performance gains from intake, only spark loss from the draw of the electric motor.

Good for a laugh though.

i was actually thinking about something like this about 1 hour ago, then i find this thread... lol, i was so sure there was a way to do it but the motor would be too big and draw to much power... oh well..
    I want a VX. I am going to buy one. Soon.
    DaNiiK@OpTonLiNe.NeT -Danny

There are legit electric super chrger kits out there but they require a lot of wiring and at least 4 batteries. All that for 30 sec burst, kinda like nitrous, and they are pretty pricey.

I read a few forums and discussions about this and from what I can tell, this would be no greater benefit than a good air filter\intake. The problem is that they cannot increase the amount of pressure going into the intake ( most say one pound ). If done correctly (I heard the ERam was ok but is of cheap construction) mabe it could add 10-15 Hp??????? The other solutions with mutiple batteries were for regular superchargers that were powered by electric motors instead of fan belts.

In my opinion, If I could pick up another cheap 10-15 horsepower (about $100 - $200) in addition to whatever I get from intake and exhaust, it would seem like a worth while proposition (until I could save up for the real thing!!!)

When any of you guys find one, let me know..........

Until then, I'm gonna save up for a Superchrger

I put the K&N filter in the stock air box. I noticed a little difference, mainly in my wallet. I can wash and re-use the filter now, instead of buying a new one each time. It has paid for itself already...lol

Hee...Hee....
    Ok guys I got the picture!! I did order one of the K&N air systems,not because I want the extra power(which I don't expect)but because I want the extra GRRRR coming from the stock motor
    Should be installed within a week or two(after I add some heat to my garage
    John