Thread: Arghh...

Arghh...

So this weekend on my way up to the GA meet... my check engine came on and the VX was staling every time I slowed down and made a weird hissing noise.

Drove her right to the dealership... I had a vacuum leak and also need a bracket made for the intake/EGR valve, and my Oil sending unit is cracked and not holding any oil... and of course it cracked where I tapped into it for my oil pressure gage on my a-pillar. Praying that my extended warranty will cover this as my mechanic just told them about it and that it is not aftermarket. Otherwise to replace the whole oil lines and sending unit is a 11 hour job ;eekr; which would suck... my wallet dry.

Waiting to hear back.... this sucks.

11 hour job? why? are they pulling the engine out? they cant remove the oil pan without taking the engine out of the bay? whats going on man?
    I want a VX. I am going to buy one. Soon.
    DaNiiK@OpTonLiNe.NeT -Danny

Why did you tap anything for the sending unit? Theres already a plug you can remove and screw in a sending unit without even taking anything off.
    2000 Black VX 105k

Originally posted by Maugan_VX
    Why did you tap anything for the sending unit? Theres already a plug you can remove and screw in a sending unit without even taking anything off.
    Taht is true, went that rought with mine.
    Draftsman of the dead

Originally posted by jayfotos

Taht is true, went that rought with mine.
    " That is true, went that route with mine"
    Neither ordinary or extraordinary, just indefatigable.

2000 VX Green Dragon- Chick Demagnitizer-Supercharger-Injen Intake- Cold air box-K&N- Power Vault SS Exhaust-265-75-16 BFG MT kms-On Board CO2- Custom Boulder Bars- Custom Skid plates- PIAA 520 Fog Lites-3inch lift with OME 912 Springs-LINE X Bedliner on Cladding & Hood Insert-ARB Front Lockers & Custom Bull Bar. Vintage Offenhauser Hood scoop Thule Rack. XM Radio-Custom Storage Box-First VX to surmount the RUBICON.Thanks Sierra Stompers

I am not totally correct as I did not install it... But my mechanic said that the place where it is is cracked wide open and oil is gone. So it might have been installed where you guys are talking about. Waiting to hear back from them on what is going to be covered...
    Last edited by Cyrk : 12/21/2004 at 12:05 PM