Thread: Rancho 9000x settings??

Rancho 9000x settings??

Installed the ranchos last night, currently set 4 clicks out front and rear which is halfway, feels a little plusher, smoother over potholes but lost that sports car feel a little bit, ahh well thats compromise for you.

Anyway, what settings is everyone else using and do shocks need time to 'wear in' ??

Pete

Thumbs up Nine All The Way...

For the money, Rancho 9000's set on 9 is about as close as you'll get to stock. Everything else is either too soft or more expensive.
    NAVIGATOR

I only have them in the back, but mine are set to the middle setting (#3 on the older RS9000s).

-Tad

what are ranchos? couldnt find anything in the search.
    I want a VX. I am going to buy one. Soon.
    DaNiiK@OpTonLiNe.NeT -Danny

nvm, looked em up on the web they look sweet, with the in cab control system, so this means u can stiffen up and soften up the shock absorbers or the actual travel height of the absorber? and wouldnt u need a new set of springs for em? im not a suspension person, just would like to know if i want to do this on my future vx... and if springs arent necessary, tell what a good set of springs are for the vx that would go with the ranchos.... tia -danny

Danny..shocks control the damping ie how quickly the spring compresses and rebounds, the origional shocks are very advanced pieces of equipment but are on the stiff side and non adjustable, great if you do a lot of off roading or like a firm handling car on the street but for a smoother ride the rancho's seem to work very well.

As for the springs, i've never read any complaints i think the only reason to swap springs would be for a lift.

Even without the remote adjusters on the ranchos i've found them very easy to adjust, just reach behind each wheel and turn the adjuster a couple of clicks with your fingers.

Very impressed so far!

Agreed; I've also got the Rancho's and the ride is good. They hold out longer than the stock shocks, and the adjustments are easy to make. Plus, once you find a setting you like, I can't imagine you would change them a lot unless you go off roading a lot, and even then it would only take about a minute to switch all four.

If you are interested in lifting your VX, you can buy longer shocks for the rear, replace your rear springs with OME 912 (Trooper) springs, and crank your front torsion bars. It's a fairly cheap way to get 2-1/2" to 3" of lift. It's also recommended that you flip your ball joints to maintain the CV angle if you crank the torsion bars in the front.

Otherwise, there is no need to replace your springs.

Re: Nine All The Way...

Originally posted by Navigator
    For the money, Rancho 9000's set on 9 is about as close as you'll get to stock. Everything else is either too soft or more expensive.
    Im looking for something a bit closer to stock (read: more expensive). What can you guys reccomend. Also, can anyone reccomend a brake upgrade? Slotted, larger, or what have you?
    Why cut down the trees to build the church when you can just worship in the forest?

Freon VX check this thread for brake upgrades...

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ight=Powerslot

I have PowerSlot Rotors w/Sport brake pads & Darlington performance stainless steel braided brake lines... very happy with these upgrades.