View Poll Results: What should Bantan do with the new mod?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep it & make it better. Give the ricers a run for the money!

22 37.29%
  • Take it off! There aren't any cattle on the highway!

34 57.63%
  • It's not big enough.

1 1.69%
  • One word: CHROME

2 3.39%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Bantan's New Mod - Y or N

Thread moved

Started a new thread for the ranting - let's take it there.

WSG, I screwed up - could you move that to Chit-Chat - please?
    "If you're not living on the edge --- you're taking up too much space!!"

Surely all these years working with the nepalese and tibetans taught you something. I travel SE Asia often . Fluent , Boy are you full of it bam

And bantan is reading this thread and and thinks by himself.."d@mn I'm happy I never showed those guys my hoovercraft switch and my build-in pleasure you all vibrating seat warmers...
    Anyway in my humble opinion.....I love your ride..it's one of the best looking rides on this board, kinda in the same league as Cyrk, Tone and Ron and some others.
    You guys spend some serious dough on your ride and it payed off. I applaud those, who are willing to do this and raise the bar each time while taking a lot of risk at getting critisism...
    Last edited by dutchie : 12/09/2004 at 11:10 PM

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

Unhappy

Does Scott's "Statement of Disappointment" have to bump up over and over again for people to get a clue? Read it.. and then read it over again this time with intellegence.

If you got something to prove to another member of the forum PLEASE go private with it. I for one am not interested in the almighty attributes of anyone that feel it necessary to prove their selective intelligence or philosophies to another member in front of the entire membership.

I appreciate the discussion on "ricers". I have learned information on the subject that I didnt know before. And I like the look of Bantan's ride. It's very much his style and I look forward to whatever more he has in store for it.
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

(yawn) morning

you all still talking about this?

<walks away thinking theres better things to do with his time>

Originally posted by dutchie
    And bantan is reading this thread and and thinks by himself.."d@mn I'm happy I never showed those guys my hoovercraft switch and my build-in pleasure you all vibrating seat warmers...
    Anyway in my humble opinion.....I love your ride..it's one of the best looking rides on this board, kinda in the same league as Cyrk, Tone and Ron and some others.
    You guys spend some serious dough on your ride and it payed off. I applaud those, who are willing to do this and raise the bar each time while taking a lot of risk at getting critisism...
    Thanks Bro, that was funny
    Hey maybe you can post the Question one of your local forums there in Japan.
    The Bantan's Relm
    Gallery
    Myspace Page
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things we care about."

Maybe the ricer / race discussion should be split out of this thread and merged with the new chit-chat thread? Mods?

Regarding that discussion:

Verbage with a separatist intent (e.g. racial & cultural qualifiers) tend to divide society into sub-classifications. Regular use of such descriptors changes an individual's perception of the diverse mixture that is society, in a sense dehumanizing portions thereof by classifying them as other than oneself.

With no intention of disrespecting any board members here, use of the terms "African American" or "Asian American" are no better than "Black," "Chink," "Spic," or the dreaded "N*gger". They have the same separatist intent, only with a "politically correct" derivation. Note that political correctness does not equate to social or ethical correctness. You're still dividing society, but only in a way that is acceptable in politics. That only makes you as good a person as the average politician.

When I think of my friends, I don't classify them as white, black, asian, or hispanic - nor jew, buddhist or gentile. They are people. I classify people by the attributes that define them as post-natal individuals - intelligence, kindness/empathy, interests and philosophy. These are the characteristics that make us unique and interesting human beings. Focusing on race in any way is patronizing and counter-productive in the evolution of ubiquitous harmony in this world.

I suggest that anyone here who seeks out prejudice in gray areas like the word "rice" look within. Remember that intention is more important than semantics. Try to understand why you feel the need to extend the fight for political correctness to unnecessary lengths. Perhaps you're inadvertantly imposing your self-mortification upon others for your own past offenses? Think about it.
    Steve

Anita

"F" Scotts statement . What is He some Commie Gesatpo who controls everyone minds thoughts and words. Maybe he should get a WSG Job in N. North Korea they appreciate that kind that control. We are in America freedom of speech is our right we have fought a died for.

If you choose to erase this post then the message is clear.

Maybe we should just change the sites name to "What Scott wants you hear.info"

Live Free Or Die

Originally posted by BaM*BaM
    I will always take great exception to this kind of "good ol boy' language.
    I am sure when you, or others, call a car to be 'niggered' up, or call another car, a bouncing 'beaner' mobile, visions of "HATE" are NOT going thru your minds. Because,.. errr,... "gosh and heck,... we are just talkin about a car,.... not about someone's momma!"
    (Sigh)
    You beat all I've ever seen, man. I think it speaks volumes about your mindset that you don't even know me, yet you assume I use language like that. I don't. And I don't know anybody who does. My neighborhood is 30 percent Hispanic and I'm just a few blocks from an area that is virtually 100 percent Hispanic - so I see the lowriders hopping and throwing scrapes all the time – but I've never heard the term "beaner-mobile" in my life. We just call them lowriders.

Just out of curiosity, on what are you basing your belief that I make use of racial slurs? Will you at least tell me that?

You know what I think? I think there are basically two types of racists in this world. First, there are the blatant racists – the stereotypical ignorant loudmouths. The ones you probably refer to as "good ol' boys". Yeah we've got some of 'em down here. You've probably got a few in Idaho too don't you? (isn't that where the Aryan Nations is headquartered?) These people really don't bother me much. They have very little effect on the world. Sure they're obnoxious, but everybody knows they're racists so whatever they say is discounted by the general public. The only people who pay attention to them are their fellow racist buddies. It's an insular existence.

Then there's the far more dangerous type. These self-righteous, ivory-tower-dwelling racists constantly, yet very subtly remind certain people that they are of a different race - that they are, after all, minorities. They enforce their secret prejudices through various institutions and systems that on the surface appear to benefit minorities. Their patronizing views are cloaked in euphamisms, but a thorough examination of their actions reveals that they assume minorities have neither the full humanity nor wisdom nor good judgement to make decisions affecting their lives. It is assumed that important decisions must be made for them, not by them. Dependancy grows as freedom and responsibility are denied. This type of subtle racism will destroy one's dignity, integrity and positive self-image.

Every Tuesday on my lunch hour I tutor at a local elementary school. For the last five years, I've tutored the same kid. He happens to be black, but the subject of race has never once come up. He doesn't care that I'm white - all he cares about is that I'm there for him. And I never think about what color his skin is. All I'm thinking when I walk into that school on Tuesday is "Please, God, help me to teach and inspire Jamari. Help him stay focused. And please help him to concentrate on his homework instead of playing video games when he goes home this afternoon." But from now on I think I'll also add "...and God, as he goes out into the world - please protect him from the subtle hate-mongering divider-men..."

Originally posted by spaceCADETzoom
    A lot of asian people in Idaho, is there?
    Ha! Dude that's funny! I hadn't thought about that angle. I just checked the census website and found that Idaho is 0.4% black and the county BamBam lives in is 0.1% black. That's right - one tenth of one percent.

The county I live in is 25.6% black but the town I live in is even more diverse. Five of our eight city council members are black. My neighborhood is more like 40% black/30% hispanic/30% white with a sprinkling of Korean families. And we all get along. The kids play. The adults visit. The dogs sniff each others' butts. Life's good in the 'hood.

I find it ironic that we're getting a lecture on racism by somebody who lives in what has to be one of the most whitebread states in the nation...

Originally posted by Anita
    Does Scott's "Statement of Disappointment" have to bump up over and over again for people to get a clue? Read it.. and then read it over again this time with intellegence.
    Sorry. Was doing pretty good until spud-boy stirred the pot again. I just get worked up over these things too easily. Is there a way to hide someone's posts? I went to the "User CP" and saw where there's an "Ignore List" but is that for posts or for PM's?

Thanks. And sorry again.

(Dammit spud-boy you sucked me into another one. After Ms. Anita gets through spanking it, you can kiss the crack of my lilly-white ***** for that)

(just jesting, OK?)

Lightbulb

Originally posted by Mr. I-MAN
    "F" Scotts statement . What is He some Commie Gesatpo who controls everyone minds thoughts and words.
    No, he isn't. However, he is the owner and operator of this website he kindly provides for us to use and not abuse. Take some time to find out exactly what your rights are, reading the forum rules would be a good start. This web site is the internet equivalent of being invited into someones home to talk shop. How you conduct yourself affects the hospitality of the host.
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Originally posted by Joe_Black
    No, he isn't. However, he is the owner and operator of this website he kindly provides for us to use and not abuse. Take some time to find out exactly what your rights are, reading the forum rules would be a good start. This web site is the internet equivalent of being invited into someones home to talk shop. How you conduct yourself affects the hospitality of the host.
    Right. Think of your presence here as being at Scott's party. He created the party for you... if you don't want to abide by his rules then I'm sure most would agree that YOU can get the F* out.

Besides, I don't think his "rules" are too hard to live by.

Thumbs down

If somebody talked me or my group like we were a bunch of children. Whether if it was in "his house" or not. It would definately be safe to assume he would be choking on fragments of his own tooth enamel. So consider my last I literal example of that scenario. Thank you

and goodbye

Originally posted by Mr. I-MAN
    Anita

"F" Scotts statement . What is He some Commie Gesatpo who controls everyone minds thoughts and words. Maybe he should get a WSG Job in N. North Korea they appreciate that kind that control. We are in America freedom of speech is our right we have fought a died for.

If you choose to erase this post then the message is clear.

Maybe we should just change the sites name to "What Scott wants you hear.info"

Live Free Or Die
    Woke up on the wrong side of the bed did we? Did the dog do something in your Wheaties?

Let me say, act like children and be treated like children. I, in no way, EVER imposed upon anyone a certain way of thinking or acting. I, here , just as in my career only enforce what has been bestowed upon me. Laws and rules.

I appreciate the support of others that think that this is "my party" and "my RULES " but, it's not. Yes, I provide the place but the RULES are those of regular life. I admit, there are alot of what "you can't do's" but, just the same in real life there are a lot more "you can do's". So many infact, they can't be written.

For you, MR. I-MAN, to call me a "Commie Gesatpo" and cry "We are in America freedom of speech is our right we have fought a died for" is not only an insult to me but, to every member of this forum for all I've ever done is attempt to keep the peace. For someone to use the "We are in America freedom of speech is our right we have fought a died for" speech so they can act as unruly and disrespectful as they can, is a mockery to the entire point of our existance.
    Yes, this is America and yes, Freedom of Speech is our First Amendment Right which I too, risk my life on a daily basis to keep these freedoms for you and others but, that is when you are dealing with public spaces. As stated from the others, this is not a public server, nor is it a public forum. Hence, the RULES of this website.

I created the 'Chit, Chat' forum so everyone may discuss any topic they choose so long as those discussions remain within the rules just as the other forums.

I'm not sure of the nature of your unprovoked direct attack upon me but, in reading your last post, and seeing that you would make someone, whom, you don't even know, choke on "fragments of his own tooth enamel" leads me to stick to my 3rd sentence in this reply. It's no wonder, with people running around with this mindset I have job security.

I have no problems in accepting your last word, "Goodbye", and would even like to assist you on your way.

So, Mr. I-Man farewell, parting was not sweet sorrow.
    Last edited by Moncha : 12/10/2004 at 10:17 PM
    Scott / moncha.com