Thread: Fuel mileage.

Fuel mileage.

You should have about 2 gallons left when the light comes on, maybe 3 at a stretch. I'd expect about 30 - 40 miles TOPS before you're walking. If it's out on a trail (bad fuel mileage due to driving style required) expect a lot less.

I noticed when I first got my V-Cross that it gets enough better mileage on premium over standard that the extra cost worked out about the same as the cheaper stuff, but it GOES so much better why would you bother with the cheap stuff ?

I have seen 349 miles as the best I ever got out of a tank, and yes the little orange light had been on for awhile, about 15 miles.

That was a special period where I used cruise control a lot, travelled just on the highway to work and back... and obeyed the speed limit. B]
    God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh.

FYI-
    I read in Petersen's off road mag that when above 4000 feet running higher octane fuel has no affect due to Atmospheric conditions that impede the detonation of the fuel. Below there air is denser so running 92+ works because of these principles conversely- I live at 6200 so I run 87 (which kind of kills me cause I luck running the the goods) but I must say I notice no difference in performance, my mileage I might say seems less but I have no precise data to verify. In lieu of not having 92 I use Redline fuel treatment+ 87, which works killer. At sea level I go back to the 92.
    face the mirror