View Poll Results: Options for the VX only run (Choose all that apply)

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm going on this trail (Need an accurate count to see if we need a permit for Arch Canyon)

9 100.00%
  • I want to go, but not this trail

0 0%
  • I DO want to do an overnighter (For the Arch Canyon Trail)

8 88.89%
  • I do NOT want to do an overnighter (For the Arch Canyon Trail)

0 0%
  • I want to START on Monday May 16, 2005 (For the Arch Canyon Trail)

4 44.44%
  • I want to START on Tuesday May 17, 2005 (For the Arch Canyon Trail)

3 33.33%
  • I can't decide what day to start!

1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: VX only run May 17th 2005 - Added new poll!

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    It sounds great, I am not the camper, but can hang so I dont miss out on anything. I trust Todd and everyone else that will be on the trails with us!
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

I'm In!

You got me counted as a "GO'' right?
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

You can view how you voted by clicking on "View Poll Results"

I would like to go, but as of yet I'm not sure if I will be able to arrive in time. That is why I have not voted yet. Although I would slightly prefer a difficult trail, Being a Vx only run, I think that it should be something reasonably do-able by the least capable Vx/driver that wants to come. I would not have a problem with "honorary Vx" other than I might like to be in at least 1 Vx only lineup pic at some point during the trip. I'm relatively sure that not all others would agree with that.

If I can make it in time I'll go. The ruins sounds like a great spot, but I'm not reall choosey. I'd follow along on pretty much any trail.
    Andy
    Its the thrill of the chase

Any word yet on what/where/when the "official" VX only run will be? Time is getting close...gotta make plans!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

I have decided not to do the overnighter. Sorry for those that were planning on it. I am trying to juggle 4 vehicles, Easter Jeep Safari, camping equipment that we usually do not take to Moab, the fact that I can not get to Moab until May 16th because I have to work the 15th and whether or not we leave the motorhome in Moab between EJS and ‘ZuZoo.

For the VX only run, we will leave Portal Campground at 7:00 am on Tuesday May 17th. We will then proceed south to Blanding Utah on Highway 191. Then west from Blanding on State Road 95 where we will turn off at the Arch Canyon road. We will then visit some ancient indian ruins a mile or so up Arch Canyon. Then turn around and proceed up the Hotel Rock Trail to Hotel Rock. We will then take a route back to Blanding on a county dirt road where we will come to the intersection of highway 191 back to Moab. This will be a long day. Expect to be back in Moab for a late dinner.

I hope this will work out for everyone. Hotel Rock is rated somewhere between a 3+ and a 4 so be prepared to be strapped in a few places especially if you are running stock tires.

I think we should wait until the schedule is posted before we decide on when a few of us are going to do Moab Rim. I thought about an afternoon run just to the first overlook and back. This is a 4+ trail and I recommend only those that are running 33” tires and a front locker.
    Todd

Thumbs up

Sounds like a good plan to me. I'm in. VX Crazy you will enjoy that Moab Rim drive, If your still willing.

Been There done that.

Bob F
    Neither ordinary or extraordinary, just indefatigable.

2000 VX Green Dragon- Chick Demagnitizer-Supercharger-Injen Intake- Cold air box-K&N- Power Vault SS Exhaust-265-75-16 BFG MT kms-On Board CO2- Custom Boulder Bars- Custom Skid plates- PIAA 520 Fog Lites-3inch lift with OME 912 Springs-LINE X Bedliner on Cladding & Hood Insert-ARB Front Lockers & Custom Bull Bar. Vintage Offenhauser Hood scoop Thule Rack. XM Radio-Custom Storage Box-First VX to surmount the RUBICON.Thanks Sierra Stompers

Sounds good to me...Thanks!

HERE is a short read with a few pics of the VX only run chosen trail.

I guess I failed to come back and confirm... as many of you know, I've been sidetracked a million times and have FAILED to get the Ironman back on the road as of now (not that I have quit)... but I have purchased an '01... it is stock with only having added my Nitto Terra Grapplers from the other VX... anyway, barring any disaster on the way out, I'll be there...

BTW, if there are any midwestern VX'er who is traveling through the KC area, I would like to meet up and caravan out... if your traveling a long way and need a place to pull off for the night and plan to get a fresh start, I have space... you could get a good nights rest and maybe a bite to eat... and hey... you could take a peek in on the LS1der VX in the garage...

Anywho, I look forward to seeing y'all pretty soon... oh and if you are interested in meeting up along the way, drop me an email at rreed17@kc.rr.com . TTYL!

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am)

Undergoing LS1 Conversion as we speak!
    Click Image to Visit My Website!
    My Webshots Gallery...
    Coach... aka Randy! (I often forget who I really am!)

My 2000 Ironman VX!... Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/60/18's on stock 18" rims, Power Vault Muffler, Tone Monday's custom tow package, OME 912 Springs, custom audio/video/multimedia computer system in the works! Transformation to LS1 V-8 Power as we speak!
    My Webshots Gallery...

Since a couple of you have e-mailed me I am going to post some info. Again we are going to leave Portal around 7:30 am so be there at 7. There will be a second meeting spot in Blanding at 9:00 am at the chevron station ( I think that is what is is) but Blanding is a small town and the group will be hard to miss. For those that need to reach me by phone my # is (801) 631-7993.
    See you then.
    Todd

Cool,, See ya at 7:00 then

Was it decided on a yes or no for honorary VX's to go? I promise to not get in any pictures on purpose.
    Improve the desert.... plant a Sierra Club Member!

Thank you!

Thank you for letting me tag along on the VX only run. I was honored to be amongst 11 VX's. The trail was awesome, and scenery was fantastic. The guide (Todd Adams) as usual, pointed out things that I doubt any other trail leader knew about the area. His wrong way turns were great challenges (interesting to say the least to get 11 VX's, and my Amigo turned back the other way). Although I was just an honorary Amigo I still retain my name by being a wife of Swordy. My family was divided in 2 vehicles for this run and we all had fun. Thanks again!

Deby

Pleasure to have ya... The Amigo just needs to grow up a little and it'll be a VX in notime! You have a wonderful family and I can't say enough about your kids... Can't wait 'til next time!
    Scott / moncha.com