Thread: Most stupid thing I've ever done...

Most stupid thing I've ever done...

Last night I did the most stupid thing I could imagine. It was drizzling and the road was pretty wet. I was just out from a party maybe a little too high, I made a 90 degree left turn without stepping on the brakes at around 25mph. My VX started slided and its right front wheel hit curb first then followed by the right rear wheel.

After it stopped, the front alloy wheel was damaged (on the rim about 8 inch long). The front tire (a barely 1 month new Kumho) was miraculously Okay. The right rear ally wheel seemed fine, but the new tire was a flat.

I don't know what I was thinking, but it was stupid stupid stupid.

My question is how I should deal with the accident? Maybe both wheels and tires need to be changed (not sure). I'll call my insurance agent tomorrow. But should I order wheels directly online or I should goto the dealer? I just found that 18" alloy wheel costs something like 340 bucks online, and I'm pretty sure if I goto the dealer, it would be much more expensive. So what should I do here? I changed my tires at Discount Tires 1 month ago so I think I'll go back there for 1 or 2 Kumho tires.

Any input is really appreciated, 'coz this is sort of my "first" accident and it is super stupid.

Hey,
    Shake it off. Granted it was stupid but...welcome to the "club". Everybody makes stupid mistakes...it's human.
    At least you are OK.
    My advise is to let your insurance agent tell you which way would be better to replace the rim(s) dealer or E-Bay. They like to kept in the know about prices....they are funny that way.
    My other piece of advise(which I follow religiously)..."You drink,let someone else drive,or stay where you are".
    Keep on truckin'............John

he said that ,

he was high not drunk!!!! Lay off the crack pipe or the party bong!!!

Sorry I didn't express myself clearly (English is not my first language, I didn't quite get the grip of what "high" means here ). I wasn't on drugs or alcohol or anything like that. Last night I was just playing too hard and got a little bit too excited.

It was stupid because if I were drunk or something alike, this accident would've been "justified", but it happened out of nothing. Just for one moment my brain was functioning normally and thought VX could easily handle that -- and boom!

Just that one moment? Make sure to go to a GOOD alignment shop... get the suspension and alignment checked. Don't want to eat up those new($$) tires. Glad you're ok! Party on;pg;

Ok now we got the whole picture....still glad you are OK!!
    John

If thats the stupidest thing youve ever done, your far ahead of the curve...

fix it, move on...youll do much more stupid things later on....
    Maverick
    99' Ebony VX sold...

Originally posted by Maverick
    If thats the stupidest thing youve ever done, your far ahead of the curve...

fix it, move on...youll do much more stupid things later on....
    Amen! You've got your health and another opportunity to do more dumb things.. Isn't that what life is all about?
    Chet - CBA_VX

Thank you guys. It turned out only 1 tire and 1 wheel are gone, everything else is checked out and seems okay. The auto shop said they could order the wheel for me but that's gonna be the original list price at $560 dollars. They said I could however order it myself and bring it in.

This is what I found online: http://www.carpartswholesale.com/cpw...odel=VEHICROSS It's much cheaper. But the problem is there are 3 almost identifical Isuzu Vehicross 18" alloy rims on that page. I don't know which one is the right one. One is called "ISUZU VEHICROSS Chrome Wheel", one "ISUZU VEHICROSS Rim Wheels", "ISUZU VEHICROSS Alloy Rims". Do you guys have any idea?

Update: now I've updated the link and it looks there is only one choice. Is this the right one?

Update 2: I found several others:

1. http://shop.autopartsbuying.com/isuz...o80218s69.html
    2. http://www.wheels-and-rims.com/cgi-b...14104452553.ce

Seems these are reconditioned. Any ideas of these refurbished rims? Do you recommend these over the original ones from dealership?
    Last edited by pighead : 11/27/2004 at 01:16 AM

I bought 4 new wheels on eBay from OE Wheels for a total of $428, including shipping. That's not much more than the one wheel you have priced. He doesn't currently have the VX wheels listed, but they do appear regularly. I went with the "Buy Now" option, since it was the same as the opening bid, and reasonable for 4 new wheels. But, don't expect to receive them overnight. They say to allow 10 business days BEFORE contacting them, and they provide no UPS tracking numbers. Mine arrived around day 10, but were shipped "signature required" and I wasn't home. I had to take a day off to collect my wheels. If you're not in a hurry eBay can be a cheaper alternative.
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

2nd link shows the wheel you need. Try calling Merlin @ St Charles Isuzu for a better price on a new wheel.

Tone, is the one you mentioned this one?
    =========================
    St Charles

5201 S Service Rd - I-70
    St. Peters, MO 63376
    1-800-727-8066

AN PARTICIPANT

St Charles Isuzu offers Genuine parts and accessories at discount prices!
    These parts are shipped directly to your door with no shipping charges for orders over $25.
    Parts depatrment hours are 7:30AM to 6:00PM CST Monday thru Friday AND Saturday 9AM to 1PM
    =========================