Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Boing! boing! boing!

Stock tires and improper inflation has also been a big culprit often confused with blown shocks - try more air (up to max on sidewall) and see if there is any change.

Once I have my new set then I will have a core set to rebuild......if its ever possible.
    (more than a $500.00 thought!)
    VX's don't need no stinking mod's.
    But they're sure fun!

Update:

I just had the vehicle go through inspection, and of course teh shocks failed. Actually, I pointed them out to the inspector. As this was purchased last Friday, I wanted them to fail. Why should I bite the bullet, right?

Anyways, currently working with the dealer on getting the car in for repairs. I may just have them through on some Bilsteins for now and rebuld the KYB's.

Question

Why not have them replace with new original shocks?

Thats my goal, but they may squak..

Talking

I wouldnt settle for less! ;Dr;

Well, the VX is in the shop and looks like they'll replace teh fronts for free. I asked if I could have the old ones as I wanted to see about rebuilding them. The service guy said no. I asked why not, and he said I'm getting these for free and they were looking into rebuilding them as well. No problem I said.

The Sales manager will be getting ANOTHER call on Monday. I think I deserve them for being put out like this.

Sorry, small venting going on here...

Welp, got the VX back from the shop yesterday, and I must say, it definatly ride much better. Now I'm a little dissappointed that I didn't have them replace the rears as well. I can only imagine they'll go soon. I do have a 60 day warrantee. I should spend tomorrow bouncing on the rear bumper. Think I can wear them out???

Hello everyone. I bought my vx about 6 months ago and the first thing I noticed was the rear end bottoming out whenever I go ever speed bumps. I looked them over and didn't notice any leaks and had a mechanic check them out and he said they seemed fine. This is with no weight in the back. There was no hitch mounted on it when I purchased it so I'm not sure if it was used for towing prior. Seems abnormal to me but could be normal to the VX. Any comments? Thanks.
    Raider

Please disregard my question concerning my VX's rear shocks. I just noticed another post labeled "VX Shocks", duh, and it answered my question. Thanks.