Thread: Fuel Pump Probs

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fuel Pump Probs

Hey All: I have just joined this fine forum and all of your input has really helped on issues I haven't had to deal with yet (but there noted) and one's I have. My issue today is fuel pumps. About two weeks ago I drove my vcross on a 300+mile trip and had no probs. Two days ago I went 2 blocks to the local Wal Mart came out it started just fine then died. Then each time I tried to start her it got alittle worse (not even trying to hit) so I let it sit for acouple hours, returned and still turns over great and fast. Seems like no fire or no gas. Tried tapping on the fuel pressure regulator, no help. So I had a rollback pick it up (at night of course) take it to a trusting tech and the next day (Monday) they said the prob was a blown fuel pump fuse caused by the pump getting hot and overloading (2 block trip??) Anyway he's going to get the pump overnighted and fix it on Wed, so I searched in this forum and ran across someone who had the same problem and he had the main power wire that ran to the pump shorting out against the body causing and grounded short and popping the fuse. I went by the shop and told them to check the fuel pump wiring first before they dropped the tank. He said no problem. I will post an update. Thx again for all the great input this forum supplies....Steve
    Last edited by VCrossfan : 11/09/2004 at 04:52 PM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"