Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Engine starts, then dies

Might sound kind of odd but check to make sure your gas cap is on tight. Also check to make sure your oil fill cap is on tight & that the gasket is not hard. Not sure why either is critical but I've seen that cause similar problems on other cars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

judging from reading the other posts.. i wouldnt guess it would be a starter issue.. sounds like a fuel delivery issue.. id start at the fuel filter as thats cheapest, if that doesnt fix it try fuel pressure regulator

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

When mine did that it was the idle control valve. Inexpensive part, easy quick fix.

Mine did it.. and it ended up being a low water level problem..no codes.. goodluck

Mine has been doing this lately, I need to take it in but it looks like I can reproduce it by driving around w/ the AC on and turning off the car while it is on. Upon restart it exhibits the idling issue.

mine fails in driveway, has happened during high humidity, when it rains more often. I have been swapping TP Sensors (TPS sensor) for about 2 years. I disconnect the ground each time when I change out the sensor. After reconnecting, the CPU re-learns the TPS. Does die on first try while learning. On 2nd startup attemp always works. If I do not disconnect the ground and just swap sensor that car really rumbles and grumbles, has not idea what the engine is doing, back fires, mis-fires, shakes, rattles and rolls. That happened once when I forgot to disconnect ground wire. Started procedure over that time, and all was fine. Now about 3 weeks later it did same thing, starts and dies in driveway. Never done it while driving. This time, I swapped back in the previous sensor. All is well again. What else I am resetting that has to do with simple startup idle when I disconnect ground? Never any codes to read. Idle Control Vale cause this?