Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wrecked Proton VX

Wrecked Proton VX

I wrecked my 2001 Proton VX this afternoon. I've never been so upset in my whole life! I really wrecked it "good", because I hit a HUGE dump truck!The whole right front end of it is crushed. I feel like my heart has been ripped out, because I love my VX so much. It's repairable, and will probably cost around $5000 to get it fixed. I'm so sick! I'm in a lot of pain because my head hit the window and the seatbelt hurt my shoulder, so I feel really crappy. Oh well, at least I'm alive. I'm going out with a friend tonight to a football game, and we won't get to ride around in my flashy little VX. *Cries*

sorry to hear that dude...if you need some front end parts let me know...good luck

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    PTT,
    SO sorry to hear of your misfortune, that really sucks !
    Atleast you're O K & hopefully it's not totaled. It's really hard to see something you feel an attachment to all twisted.
    Don't feel too bad though...this too shall pass.
    And DO go get your head checked if you haven't already !

Good luck,

Ldub

My heart goes out to you too. Didn't Queen have a song "I'm in love with my car"? We know how you feel.
    Western North Carolina...
    Veni, Vidi, Velcro
    (I came, I saw, I stuck around)

I feel your pain, I'm supposed to get mine back in a week. I'm already buying new things to throw on her when she gets home.

Glad you came out of it ok, hope your injuries heal quick and proper.

Unhappy sorry

i am glad that u are allright. good thng that u were in the best suv on the planet. like the others said get your head looked at. i was hit by a semi three years ago and had a bleed on my brain and everything turned out fine. just check it out. recover fast.

Unhappy

Sorry to hear that another VXer had to go through this. I do hope you (and your VX) make a speedy recovery. Good luck!
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

These things happen ,
    but you're not getting mine!
    So I suggest you get to work and fix it!
    (body repairs can be as good as new,you know)

Nobody has wrecked VXs as much as I have, and I know how it feels, heh. I actually felt undeserving to drive one, but, in the long run, your love for it will slowly make you begin to change driving habits. I have gone from an insanely aggressive driver, to an elderly Sunday driver. Hang in there Proton. You'll be good to go in no time.

Just to make ya feel better, $5k is nothing compared to what all I have done to my VXs.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

sorry to her that...........

I sure hope you are right about the 5K worth of damage. After my front end wreck in which the VX was still drivable, the damage was about 10K (and they didn't replace my cracked insert).

Anyway you are ok and that's what really important.

I want to say thank you to all of you that have shown concern for me and my VX.

I'm in slight physical pain, but the emotional hurt is a lot worse. I miss it so much!

My VX had to be taken to the body shop on a wrecker/dolley this afternoon, which was sickening to watch. The wrecker went through the downtown section of the town where I live, so it was like a "walk-of-shame" for me and my VX.

I'm driving my other car now, which is a 2000 Honda Civic (it's white), it feels very strange to drive something that you don't get stared at in. The guy at the body shop said that he might have it fixed by Friday, which would be great.

My shoulder and head is hurting really bad. I've got a monster bruise on my left shoulder and on the left side of my face/head. I'm so fortunate to be alive, though.

My insurance company doesn't want to pay for it, because there were no witnesses to say that the dump truck turned too fast and hit me. I'm so upset.

Does any one know where I can get parts for my VX kinda cheap? I need a new radiator, front black cladding/bumper, decorative "fangs", grill, and hood. I have a feeling that this might cost me more than $5000.

Well, thanks for being concerned about me and my VX and for letting me rant about the wreck. I hope every one is doing okay...

im pretty sure its gonna cost more then tat....i had an accident where i smashed the front bumper, 1 fender, rad support, rad, headlight, hood....etc and it cost my insurance company 8000+
    ________
    Volcano Vaporizers
    Last edited by MZ-N10 : 09/05/2011 at 03:37 PM

So sorry to hear about your accident. If it helps, I had damage similar to yours and used www.car-part.com to locate just good stuff. The front cladding might be hard to find but I saw a place listing it for $250 which I think is a steal if its in good shape. You'll probably need an AC condensor too, since your radiator is toast. Good luck!

Why don't just buy a second hand Vx, a cheap one and use it as spare parts if it's going to be so expensive. Maybe even switch chassis?

Just an idea.

Wish you the best of luck and recover soon.

Ameet
    An angry man is seldom reasonable, a reasonable is seldom angry

How's things going with repairs?

Jonnie