Thread: Can't take it!!! Considering selling!

Angry Can't take it!!! Considering selling!

I never thought it would come to this but Vicky and I can't stand it anymore. Our dealer is either unwilling or unable to get parts for us to make warranty repairs, although it seems the very expensive non-warranty parts are always in stock.

We've been waiting for a replacement rear diff for like 10 weeks now, but it hasn't been making that much noise so it didn't concern me that much.
    Last week, it started making a metal on metal clanging kind of noise, and we already had an appointment for the 30k service. Went in for service and came out $850 poorer, $475 for 30k, $150 for a new serpentine belt, $70 for front end alignment, and $80 for a new battery. The clanging was/is being caused by a faulty A/C compressor assembly, which caused the wearing of the serpentine belt and is an $1100 fix, by the way.
    So we brought it home and drove it for a few days, all the while the noise is getting worse. Now the A/C is out completely and upon startup, the engine sounds like several forks stuck in a running garbage disposal. So we dropped it off at the dealer and he has absolutely no idea when the parts will be in. After refusing us a free loaner, he said his hands are tied and we should call Isuzu Corporate, but of course don't tell them that he said to call.

You know, I love the VX to death, but it's becoming more hassle than it's worth. That Dodge Magnum is looking really good right about now, so if anybody wants to make an offer, now is the time, of course you'll have to wait for parts. :sighr: :rollr2:

Brian
    '01 Proton 1416

Brian, which dealership are you going to? I would recommend giving a call to Peters Auto in Nashua. Ask for Michael at Isuzu service and let him know I sent ya I always get great service there. Let me know if you need their number.

Brian, The ac compressor should be under warrenty until 50000 miles I had to have mine replaced, and it sounds like it is going again. They don't like deep puddles!

50,000 miles or three years.....my three years are up and with 37k.
    Draftsman of the dead

"$150 for a new serpentine belt"

Belt is about $25 & takes 5 min to change- Your Dealer has hosed you I would go to Better Business Bureau & file a complaint.

Bob F
    Neither ordinary or extraordinary, just indefatigable.

2000 VX Green Dragon- Chick Demagnitizer-Supercharger-Injen Intake- Cold air box-K&N- Power Vault SS Exhaust-265-75-16 BFG MT kms-On Board CO2- Custom Boulder Bars- Custom Skid plates- PIAA 520 Fog Lites-3inch lift with OME 912 Springs-LINE X Bedliner on Cladding & Hood Insert-ARB Front Lockers & Custom Bull Bar. Vintage Offenhauser Hood scoop Thule Rack. XM Radio-Custom Storage Box-First VX to surmount the RUBICON.Thanks Sierra Stompers

$35

if...you buy the more expensive belt.

I will take your VX off your hands and will do all the work myself for WAY less $$ than your spending.

Sounds like they are taking advantage of you.

Looking at my VX owners manual, the 30k service consists of:

Changing Front/Rear axle oil: pretty simple, takes half an hour per differential if that.
    Change transfer case oil: Again, pretty easy to do.
    Replace air filter: Simple enough
    Change Engine coolant/radiator flush: ok, so I wouldn't want to do this myself.
    Check and adjust valve clearance if necessary: again, wouldn't want to do this myself.
    Rotate tires: you have a jack?
    repack front wheel bearings: can get messy and time consuming but again, pretty cheap and easy.
    clean radiator core and condenser: ouch.
    Check everything from fluids to hoses to belts: this is where you probably got bent over.

Point is, if you take some time to educate yourself on some basic maintenance techniques, you can save yourself a ton of money at the dealer. Again, if you're trying to maintain a warranty, then keep your receipts.
    2000 Black VX 105k

I have to admit, I know where yuo are coming from Brian. Having had 3 ISUZUs before this VX, I have had horrible service and cooperation with the dealers. And calling an ISUZU rep only worsens the situation since I believe they are trained to !@#$ you even more.

I havent had my current VX at a dealer yet, but I am getting faint similar sounds like yours within my diff upon accelaration, so it needs to go in for a checkup. I dread this since I have yet to find a "decent" dealer in my area.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Worm:

Its been a long time since I lived up there, and I was only a small child, but I seem to remember us buying our 89 trooper new at a Brown Isuzu in NOVA. Give them a shot (if they exists anymore).

Tad: You are funny. Brown might do a good job, but that isn't the experience that we have had in the past for service.

I've still pointed friends there to buy vehicles when they clearly had the best deal.

-Tad

Brian,

I feel for ya man. I wish you would drop me a line and I would suggest you going to a place here in Cambridge. They will not do everything for you but many things they are more then capable...
    Andrey

eh, its all I could remember. Just trying to help out

the sqeaky wheel

First, I want to thank everyone for their info and support, at least I can count on you guys.

I didn't get as much done today as I had hoped. I wrote down the # for St. Charles Isuzu and took it to work with the intent of finding out just exactly what is the deal with parts, but I never got to it. Walking up the stairs into work, I hit my head on a new set of steel spiral stairs (that I installed! ) and had to go across the street to the hospital for stitches. So, my phone calls didn't get made.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    No, we don't have a squeaky wheel (that I know of), but at least we got "greased". When Vicky and I dropped off the car yesterday, let me just say that we were less than pleased. I drove it right up to the service manager's sliding glass office door and looked him in the eye, while it idled, sounding like death. I shut it off, walked in, dropped the key on his desk and said 'you can have it'. I'm resting on the couch about an hour ago and he calls and tells me that it's all done. He says the part was in transit last night and they busted their a$$es to get it done for us today because 'we had been inconvenienced enough'.
    Now don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's fixed, although I haven't actually picked it up, yet. But, it seems a little odd that as soon as we voice our dismay, the parts miraculously appear. Maybe it didn't happen that way and I'm just being pessimistic, but I hope this doesn't set a precedent for the future. I don't want to have to go throught this everytime we need something fixed.

Thanks again for everyone's input.
    Brian

BTW, I have retired the VX from offroading for at least the near future. I have my eye on a $400 K5 Blazer just to beat on. This will also give us a vehicle to use in place of a rental, should the need arise.

Re: Can't take it!!! Considering selling!

Originally posted by BBVX
    ...so if anybody wants to make an offer, now is the time, of course you'll have to wait for parts. :sighr: :rollr2:
    Sooooooo... how much you want for that basket-case?! I could always use ANOTHER project! lol

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am)

Undergoing LS1 Conversion as we speak!
    Click Image to Visit My Website!