View Poll Results: What have you done to your VX?

Voters
399. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kept ISUZU all around.

170 42.61%
  • Took off rear ISUZU lettering.

53 13.28%
  • Took off all ISUZU badging.

76 19.05%
  • Took everything off...even the VehiCross lettering.

100 25.06%
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Debadging Poll

still have all badges

proud of the Isuzu and I already have enough people asking if its a RAV4 or a Suzuki. I also get the cute comment but unlike others here the comments are not from hot twenty somethings but 40 somethings and frankly thats not the rush you may think.

debadged

left the 3.5, 4wd and VehiCross on the pillars. new wheels took car of that and previous owner did the Ironman on the hood. Got the great folks at domed letters to make one that says ISITU in the same font. love to keep em wondering
    Stupid SHOULD be painful

so there...to each his own

Quote Originally Posted by mrtew View Post
    What an insult to the Engineers who spent years making our engine such a perfectly balanced machine, delivering the optimum doses of power, torque, and fuel economy that we all bought our vehicle for. Anyone who tampers with such genius is not only a stupid ***, but is ruining not only one of technology's greatest achievments, but the VX community and the world as a whole. And I am here to let you all know in every thread how wrong you are to change your own vehicles in such a vital way.

Are you getting any feel for what a blowhard you come across as yet?

P.S. As a car designer I can tell you that there is not one amongst my profession that gives one squirt of piss about someone taking badges off their cars so you can drop that angle. In fact the badges are applied graffitti-like by marketing types to our completed designs much like a gallery signing our works of art with their names. And yes we debadge more than the average drivers.
    that was fun

Hmmm, I've never seen this thread as it started many years ago. Very interesting reading other people's position on this issue. The only thing I've ever considered debadging is the "3." and just leaving the "5L" on the side. I've never converted it because I think the "." is really cute. My VX remains 100% badged the way it left the factory.

Wrench

Sorry guys,but i think debadging the horse isn't a excuse to wax it or either have people wondering WTF is that,even with the badges on people still seems amazed when they look at a vehicross.
    Out there are worst vehicules than isuzu & i don't see their owners debaging them in any way.
    For instants I've seen a member added porche emblems in his VX (.) My ??? is why would you give porche the honor to carry their emblem on the VX ? When you'll never see a porch owner carrying a isuzu emblem on their car ? I don't think isuzu deserve such of disrespectfull action & neither you should be ashamed of carrying the isuzu letters on the VX, why ? simply because it was buildt by isuzu.
    I don't have the pillar letters because the were damaged & when i ready i'll put them back because it belongs there.
    I do agree the VX looks "uniform" without the letters,but any vehicule out there will also look "uniform" with no letters at all so to me makes no sense.
    Another reason ALL cars carries letters is to I'd'ing 'em in case of a unlawfull incident.
    Just imagine you witness someone being hit by a car you never saw before & left the scene You can't provide the police the vehicule's name or model because it was "naked"
    And if you "debaged" members belief the VX has too many of letters then look at the new RAV 4,the 4runner,the suzuki grand vitara or cherokee limted 5.7L which carries more letters & never saw a single one "debaged" for waxing purposes.
    Last edited by Gussie2000 : 08/31/2009 at 02:27 PM
    Dakar was just the begining.

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Its just personal preference, I know some people who debadge they're cars for styling but thats the only reason.

I personally love the isuzu badges and the ironman decals, but I guess thats just my preference

The only one I did was the huge ISUZU on the back. IMO it was too big.
    Scott / moncha.com

i added a big VX to the back of mine ........lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post
    Sorry guys,but i think debadging the horse isn't a excuse to wax it or either have people wondering WTF is that,even with the badges on people still seems amazed when they look at a vehicross.
    Out there are worst vehicules than isuzu & i don't see their owners debaging them in any way.
    I don't have the pillar letters because the were damaged & when i ready i'll put them back because it belongs there.
    I do agree the VX looks "uniform" without the letters,but any vehicule out there will also look "uniform" with no letters at all so to me makes no sense.
    Another reason ALL cars carries letters is to I'd'ing 'em in case of a unlawfull incident.
    Just imagine you witness someone being hit by a car you never saw before & left the scene You can't provide the police the vehicule's name or model because it was "naked"
    And if you "debaged" members belief the VX has too many of letters then look at the new RAV 4,the 4runner,the suzuki grand vitara or cherokee limted 5.7L which carries more letters & never saw a single one "debaged" for waxing purposes.
    I debadged my VehiCROSS because the badges are poorly designed aesthetically (ugly) and look really cheap and plastic and glittery. Do you "buy" that reason? Ironically on my new Camaro I'm adding extra badges! Retro ones from past eras of Camaro greatness. Explain that!
    Canadian VXer!

Mine were all gone when I got it. It'll stay that way.

There's nothing wrong with the badges but I prefer the look better without. It's not that I'm ashamed of driving an Isuzu - I just like the debadged look on the VX.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtew View Post
    I debadged my VehiCROSS because the badges are poorly designed aesthetically (ugly) and look really cheap and plastic and glittery. Do you "buy" that reason? Ironically on my new Camaro I'm adding extra badges! Retro ones from past eras of Camaro greatness. Explain that!
    Unfortunately the VX has no past era badges to replace with.I do agree they are low quality,however there are options to consider for replacement.

I got a set of the VX grill badges from planetsvx. I had them in my pocket in a bar and someone mentioned the thickness of my wallet. I told them I carried a badge. They almost had me arrested, but they couldn't arrest me for impersonating a VX.
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by handeeman View Post
    I got a set of the VX grill badges from planetsvx. I had them in my pocket in a bar and someone mentioned the thickness of my wallet. I told them I carried a badge. They almost had me arrested, but they couldn't arrest me for impersonating a VX.
    You are definitely one of my favorite weirdos Handee......

I say find a theme & badge that sucker any ol' way ya like...support individuality!

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    You are definitely one of my favorite weirdos Handee......

I say find a theme & badge that sucker any ol' way ya like...support individuality!
    Actually, all my badges are still on..I did think Moncha would like the "I carry a badge part."

Been thinking about a custom tag for the front...somthing like
    "2010 ISUZU". Just to appease the questions like "What is it?"

Weirdo huh, as a used to say in my mis-spent ute "Takes one to know one."

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by handeeman View Post
    Actually, all my badges are still on..I did think Moncha would like the "I carry a badge part."

Been thinking about a custom tag for the front...somthing like
    "2010 ISUZU". Just to appease the questions like "What is it?"

Weirdo huh, as a used to say in my mis-spent ute "Takes one to know one."
    Considering the source, I'll take that as a compliment...

You should too...