View Poll Results: What have you done to your VX?

Voters
399. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kept ISUZU all around.

170 42.61%
  • Took off rear ISUZU lettering.

53 13.28%
  • Took off all ISUZU badging.

76 19.05%
  • Took everything off...even the VehiCross lettering.

100 25.06%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Debadging Poll

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs down

Maugan,
    What business is it of yours what people do with their car that they bought with their money? I think you are severely over valuing your opinion.
    Ldub

Sorry,

I didn't see the sign that said "if your opinion differs from that of the majority, keep your mouth shut".

I think my analogy is quite apt and fitting to the discussion. Exercise your right to disagree by all means while I exercise my own.
    2000 Black VX 105k

You forgot to answer my question...what business is it of yours what people do with THEIR vehicle?
    Oh,btw, you still thinki'n of one of them there non stock super chargin units?

Ok, since you seem to be really pissed off that I don't like you people debadging your vehicles, then here's a distinction:

While I may disagree with the practice, call it assnine and frivilous, insulting to the people that poured their professional lives into designing and building the vehicle that we all share a common interest in, it is no business of mine to find a VX owner in the process of debadging his vehicle and tackle him to the ground and beat him to a bloody pulp. Nor is it any business of mine to carry around a bag of VX emblems in my vehicle, and hunt down debadged vehicles and replace said emblems.

However, I do think its my business to tell debadgers that I think what they are doing is wrong, stupid, unattractive and otherwise superfluous in the grand scheme of things, whether they paid for it or not. People pontificate about what other people should do with their investments all the time.

Does that answer your question?

(Oh and yes, the supercharger is on order, but the carbon fiber mirror covers, blue LED horn lights, and the 3rd light flasher are on backorder and wont be available until at least next month. Oh and the LED window squirters!)

Former owner of 01 Ironman #0723, 01 Dragon #0590
    I like toast.

Exactly -no one cares.

Why yes...that does answer my question.I'm not quite sure how you prioritize your time spent crusading against this or that, but hey...It's your time I guess.
    If it makes you happy...

Quote Originally Posted by Maugan_VX
    (Oh and yes, the supercharger is on order,...

What an insult to the Engineers who spent years making our engine such a perfectly balanced machine, delivering the optimum doses of power, torque, and fuel economy that we all bought our vehicle for. Anyone who tampers with such genius is not only a stupid ***, but is ruining not only one of technology's greatest achievments, but the VX community and the world as a whole. And I am here to let you all know in every thread how wrong you are to change your own vehicles in such a vital way.

Are you getting any feel for what a blowhard you come across as yet?

P.S. As a car designer I can tell you that there is not one amongst my profession that gives one squirt of piss about someone taking badges off their cars so you can drop that angle. In fact the badges are applied graffitti-like by marketing types to our completed designs much like a gallery signing our works of art with their names. And yes we debadge more than the average drivers.
    Last edited by mrtew : 08/23/2005 at 07:56 PM
    Canadian VXer!

Thumbs up

I like the gallery shots of nicely polished VX's, the only badge I took off mine was the 4WD, it was damaged removing a dealer decal (a practice that should be outlawed. Dealer Lic. plate frames are ALWAYS first to go!)). Do you have to put 4WD decal on a VX? It screams 4WD! I love the stock design, Isuzu is one of the few manufacturers to use 4 wheel disc brakes on all their vehicles. But some of my badges are getting discolored making the VX look older. I'm thinking of taking them off, I like clean, easy to wax, smooth surfaces also.
    I think it is great that the badges "stick on", so there are no holes to be filled in a bodyshop, another beautiful stock design feature.
    I drive a wonderful vehicle made by Isuzu and don't mind letting people know it was Isuzu who built it. No one else has put it all in one package like Isuzu.

I took the too huge ISUZU logo off the back and replaced it with a Vehicross side pillar badge. I also thought the 4WD and torque on demand were too much. Also removed the 3.5L badges, as well.

Since our repaint [stickers were all fading and peeling anyway] and the sheer lack of being able to by any VX or Isuzu stickers the only thing on our car that tells you ITS Isuzu is on the grill, which my wife tidied up very nicely with a small art brush and meticulously applied black paint...and because thats the only place that identifies what 'it' is ..its fun watching cars buzz around you looking for the 'label'...on stickers ... I luv the chrome-like 'bubble' Vehicross that the Japanese LTD came with that they stuck to the 'B'? pillar...very nice...[did you folks in the US get that??]

....so being mostly debadged...may be the VX was the true or should I say the ultimate Mysterious Utility...

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.

One more...

Add my Dragon to the list!
    (Just the rear logo).

I LOVE the new look, and it's sooo easy to polish and wax that area now!!

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

Debadged everything right away, its the only way in an Ebony, its not ALL BLACK until its ALL BLACK.

Bart

i ditched the front isuzu logo and the isuzu on the wheels, still says isuzu on back and vehicross on the pillars

Every logo went away, except the ISUZU logo on the rims, and the 4WD badge on the door.
    It's just a sleeker look, and easier to wax.
    Just to amuse myself, I slapped the removed logos on the brick facing my usual outdoor parking spot in my apartment complex....stayed pretty much intact for over 2 years....

EX-1999, Ebony, VX, #0562 - You Are MISSED!
    I like the 'vehicross' on the sides. I might debadge the 'isuzu' on the back-still haven't made my mind up yet. I do plan to change the "isuzu" on the front grill to "vx" if I can find it.
    *VX CHIC*