View Poll Results: What have you done to your VX?

Voters
399. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kept ISUZU all around.

170 42.61%
  • Took off rear ISUZU lettering.

53 13.28%
  • Took off all ISUZU badging.

76 19.05%
  • Took everything off...even the VehiCross lettering.

100 25.06%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Debadging Poll

Any ideas for debadging the inside?

A quick look around today and all I saw was the horn on the steering wheel and the logo on the stereo. The stereo is easy, but the horn on the wheel is more difficult. Is it safe to glue something on top of that? Would it interfere with the airbag?

Also, any interior logos I missed?

Can't wait to see it Alaskavx.. I just debadged everything last night. Used a heat gun and came off easy. Only took about 3 beers worth of time..;Dr;
    I always take life with a grain of salt. Plus mashed potatoes and gravy!

debadging poll

On the space theme I have had made a badge with LUNAR ROVER on it which fits in place of the ISUZU
    As I am so useless at internet things I have posted it on VX modifications it cost me £50

Removing badges

Do you just pry the badges off? I would like to remove the back Isuzu badge and the 3.5 badge, but I don't want to damage the paint. What's the best technique to remove these badges?

Thanks

Disregard Last Post

Please don't pay any attention to my last post about debadging. I didn't realize there was 4 PAGES of this stuff. I already got my answer.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Heraclid
    [B] My wife's minivan can take most any Civic with the whiny exhaust that makes lots of noise but little to show for it and that just makes it more painfully obvious you're all show and no go. Those things don't even sound good... if it has some power, it'll rumble like a Mustang GT or RamAir Firebird or something.

I've seen some of those Civics with whiny exhausts eat Mustang GT's, Firebirds, and even AWD Porche Turbo's. That must be some minivan your wife has? It's super-charged with NOS right?

VX_PA . . . you'll have to get used to some comments made here. many members here have a dislike for kids in civics 'cause i dont think they've actually ever experienced sitting in or driving one that is correctly modded.

i've actually raced a few "ricers" taht were sleepers that ripped me when i was driving my dad's Carrera 4...and i pride myself in being a very good driver...followed them into a parking lot...and beat the SHIET out of them...haha no...congradulated them in doing things right. anyways...

I dun know of any minivan that can really rip a modded civic...but then again im probably wrong...
    How you gonna stop me im ill-literati/ im like an ill-mariachi wit an automatic shotty/ like tony montana to yo body/ now you really dont wanna come and test me/ i spit verbal fusilades im headin crusades/ to weed out all the fakes like it was da salem witch trials/ yo @ss betta run or else you gettin baked at the stake/ and that'll put a smile on mah face/

I just respect anyone who loves their ride and aspires to make it better, even if it is a civic. I've owned about 30 cars/trucks altogether and I've never once kept one totally stock. The only thing I have never owned is a minivan. I have driven them in the past and (yawn) boring. But I'm sure there's some firebreathing, boulavard briusing, hopped up minivan out there stomping anything that crosses it. I just don't consider them fun and agile vehicles. Let's face it they were made for basic transportation only.

I think that sport compact tuners have gotten a bad rap from a few idiots that don't represent the whole group. Half of the things that are being changed on the VX by their owners have derived from those teenage modifyers. I commend them for their creativity and hope that they continue to push manufacturers to build good looking, great handling, cars and trucks with enough power to create a smile from ear to ear. Isn't that what we think of the VX?

Oh yeah, and I do plan on removing anything that says ISUZU on my VX. I'm not advertising for a company that doesn't take care of their customers. Just my 2 cents.

I removed the Izusu logo from the back and off the grille, covered the wheel logos with black vinyl tape (you have to look really close to see that the tape is there), and plan to cover the interior logos as well.

I removed the isuzu from the rear door and removed marks with rubbing compound.

The front isuzu was removed and replaced with my custom VX made from titanium.

Kits for the VX are available herehttp://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ighlight=badge

Im still looking for a cool way to cover up wheels. the black vinyl or the mirros sound the best way.
    Last edited by autox-racer : 01/20/2004 at 05:26 PM
    Anthony

Visit your local decall shop, with any luck the guy there will have some skill (creative input) and be able to help ya out. My buddy came up with these x's for mine...x

I like the X's. Is it silver vinyl on black or is it a print on black?

thanks

gonna throw VehiCROSS where it says isuzu in back.

remove front isuzu and put VX in brushed aluminum.

And Make some silver VX's on black vinyl for the rims.

Isuzu is cool. But I want to celebrate the VX.

I'll leave any and all isuzu on interior. I got no beef with owning an isuzu VX.

i got laughed at when I bought a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT

Until they came out and saw it!!!!

Bad looking ride!!And SuperCharged!!!
    freedom is not free~the job is never done

Going back to the minivan thing... no, it's a stock '96 Grand Caravan SE, and of course it doesn't have NOS and all that. Dude, I'm not pulling a VX King on ya. :-)

I've not driven her van much therefore I've not been next to many ricers in it, but yes, the ricer folks I have been next to in it would have had trouble racing the van, almost without exception. They were showing off and flooring it and getting nothing much for it. I can often pass them in the van without having to even try very hard, and I think that van only pushes about 160 horses, 3.3-liter V6. Feels better than that, though.

Granted, they probably were not real modded out, just a sticker or two and a gaudy exhaust, so no real big performance enhancements. Probably ragged out the poor things with how they drive 'em too. But heck yeah, the minivan can take some of 'em, and this van has 200,000 miles on her and wasn't always taken care of like it should've been. And some of today's Caravans have a lot more oomph under the hood than that. Some of the new ones have 3.8-liter engines with 215hp, 245 lbs. torque. And I bet some minivans out there have better.

That said, I do more driving than most people and I haven't run across many that impressed me no matter what I was driving at the time, which is more often than not a Chevrolet Astro cargo van. I've even handled ricers in that with a 1,000+ lb. load in the back, maybe up to 1,500 lbs. Granted, it has a 190hp, 4.3-liter V6, and it is stripped down in the back for cargo.

This is all just my personal experience, though, but my experience around here says that if it's a car like that, odds are I can beat it with whatever I'm in. Seriously, I see that and I am generally LESS intimidated and more prone to race it because I'm conditioned to think they're easy pickings and I kinda like showing 'em up. Maybe our ricers here just plain suck or can't drive worth a damn? I don't know, but I'm not lying to ya. All I can say is that for me, the fast ricers are few and far between.
    Last edited by Heraclid : 12/06/2003 at 05:03 PM

No Isuzu markings. Dig the "What is it!!!!???? " stuff!!!!

aloha, tw