View Poll Results: What have you done to your VX?

Voters
399. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kept ISUZU all around.

170 42.61%
  • Took off rear ISUZU lettering.

53 13.28%
  • Took off all ISUZU badging.

76 19.05%
  • Took everything off...even the VehiCross lettering.

100 25.06%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Debadging Poll

Anybody can have my rear badges...just come to my house and take them off the VX. I'm too chicken to do it myself!!!!

done

Just added my vote: I took off the front Isuzu badge and rear lettering this weekend.
    I used a blow-drier to warm up the front badge and plastic knife to remove it, with some acetone to remove the residue after I took it off.
    Rear lettering came off even easier, I used the same plastic knife to pill off some part of each letter, and then just pulled gently.
    No "ghost" marks after washing, even though I keep my VX outdoors for over 6 months.

Sam, send me an email if you still want the Isuzu lettering from the back: all letters except U are intact, and that one can be put together so it won't be noticeable that it's 2 peices now.
    2001 Kaiser "The Silver Shadow" VX #841

Thumbs up for clean teeth...

..and easier debadging, Vasha suggested a warm day, a fingernail and some dental floss.

One you've pried enough space beneath the badging, just drag some sturdy floss beneath the rest of the applique.

I'm starting as soon as the sun will stay-out long-enough to soften the glue.

gumminess

Ok, the "ISUZU" is history. I even removed most of the adhesive. Now to get the residue off without marring the finish. Any suggestions for household solutions?
    ...behold a government which to bigotry gives no sanction and to persecution no assistance...
    1790 Geo. Washington

I just used a good cleaner wax
    Scott / moncha.com

A plastic cuticle-remover did the trick at removing the badging and I used a squirt of water-based Goof-off and a rag. I couldn't manage to save the badging, intact, though I tried. It seems there is a clear laminate on the badging that had already blistered in a few places, so the applique was already beginning to look like tarnished silver.

Now debating whehter to remove 4WD, since it's really AWD.

I think I'll keep the VehiCROSS on the sides, but I'd like to be able to remove those intact. Any suggestions are welcome.

you might want to keep the 4wd sticker, in case you're not around when your VX gets towed, they'll know to use a flatbad.

Debadging poll

I am having some badges made to fit in the front grill replacing Isuzu with LUNAR ROVER they will have a black sparkly background with either gold or yellowy coloured LUNAR ROVER they will measure 143mm by 30 mm and have a slight radius to the four corners they are high quality and cost £50 each. As soon as I get it I will post a picture of it to see if anyone else might be interested in one

That'd be

As of Saturday, April 26, 2003

50 British Pound = 79.60000 US Dollar
    50 US Dollar (USD) = 31.40704 British Pound (GBP)

This is so poseur, but I've been looking for a cast-iron or black-anodized lamborghini bull (no words, just the logo) to put on the front grill. Just regular size - a couple of inches tall at the most, which means blacking-out or removing the isuzu lettering and the icon itself has to be dark black so as not to really be visible unless someone comes up within 5-10' and looks directly at it.

I have no plans to change any of it, except *maybe* replace the red 4WD on the back just because it is a tad scraped from the previous owner. I had my Avenger's rear end repainted after an accident and they pulled off the badging and I was pissed. I hate that. Very often when someone rips off the badging it means they have the base model with the weakest engine and don't want you to know it, and I think that's so lame and I didn't want anyone to think that of me, even though it was pretty clear it was an ES without the badging. I hate the fake stuff people do too, like putting on a fake 5.O, TypeR, SVT, NOS, and all that other stuff. You're gonna look pretty stupid when I ask to see that NOS installation or that 5.0L engine if you don't have it. I hate to say it, but someone had a pic of a VX with 5L on the side because they pulled off the 3. part of it. First time someone wants to look at it, whatcha gonna do? And especially around here everyone has a VX too, it isn't fooling anyone. Heck, if I had some nice mods I wouldn't make my own silly badges to declare it to the world, either. I'm not much for street racing (nor is the VX built with that in mind), but it never hurts to have more under the hood than it looks like you do, and it's never good to have less than you say you do because some day you may have to back it up. That poser stuff is just... well, you wouldn't catch me doing it. My wife's minivan can take most any Civic with the whiny exhaust that makes lots of noise but little to show for it and that just makes it more painfully obvious you're all show and no go. Those things don't even sound good... if it has some power, it'll rumble like a Mustang GT or RamAir Firebird or something. Now THAT sounds good. So basically I think you have to be very careful what you do with mods. Of course, it is a matter of personal choice and this is nothing but my own humble opinion.

Originally posted by skullcap
    A plastic cuticle-remover did the trick at removing the badging and I used a squirt of water-based Goof-off and a rag. I couldn't manage to save the badging, intact, though I tried. It seems there is a clear laminate on the badging that had already blistered in a few places, so the applique was already beginning to look like tarnished silver.

Now debating whehter to remove 4WD, since it's really AWD.

I think I'll keep the VehiCROSS on the sides, but I'd like to be able to remove those intact. Any suggestions are welcome.
    Waxed dental floss is the best way to remove badging in one piece.
    NAVIGATOR

The guy with the 5L did that because he has an SC installed. May not look like a NA 5L but it pulls about the same.

Question Blistered Badging

I was really on the fence about whether to do any debadging, at all.

That was until I began noticing some odd blistering of the metallic appearance of the rear Isuzu badge and the side "3.5 L"

I've not seen any other posts about this, but has anyone else noticed the development of this almost tarnished look on their silver badging? I really didn't notice this until I began waxing with Collinite (love the shine). I wonder if anyone might have any ideas or insight. The "VehiCross" badges do not seem to have suffered from the same condition.

Just de-badged the front ISUZU to make way for the new NASA sticker. I already have NASA on the back so now there is not anything that says Isuzu (unless they look at the shocks) it is now a NASA Vehicross. Can't wait 'till someone asks me if it's really made by NASA.