View Poll Results: What have you done to your VX?

Voters
399. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kept ISUZU all around.

170 42.61%
  • Took off rear ISUZU lettering.

53 13.28%
  • Took off all ISUZU badging.

76 19.05%
  • Took everything off...even the VehiCross lettering.

100 25.06%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Debadging Poll

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TDUB View Post
    BADGES?????????????
    BADGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING BADGES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helped debadge my friends VX on Friday, took off everything including the 3.5 L and the Isuzu in the grille. Took out the fangs to so he could paint them black, not sure why since its black underneath them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Etfren View Post
    Took out the fangs to so he could paint them black, not sure why since its black underneath them anyway.
    I'm not sure I'd like that. OTOH, I did think about modding the grill to look more like a [Shelby] Cobra -- basically smooth sides with no center "obstructions". Looks too hard w/o getting into fiberglass (or plastic repair fabbing).

Also, the headlight/fang combo makes that "cobra" appearance for me. If both the headlights and grill were modified, that could be cool.
    Last edited by 89Vette : 06/10/2012 at 08:48 PM
    2001 Ebony VX and 1989 Custom 383 Corvette

Isuzu Rear Badge

I removed the factory ISUZU badge on the Rear and replaced it with a Solid Chrome one from Japan. It looks a hundred times better than the stock ISUZU. I have a photo posted on my Gallery Pictures.

Crap

Gotta de-badge all over again. The rear door from vt_mav's VX is going on the back of mine & it still has the badges
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Gotta de-badge all over again. The rear door from vt_mav's VX is going on the back of mine & it still has the badges
    Getting is repainted too or are you going to be rolling around with a Foxfire door on your Proton?

Getting is repainted too or are you going to be rolling around with a Foxfire door on your Proton?
    Nah, I live too close to DC. That would be free advertisement for the Redskins. Can't be doing none of that!!!

Welder Guy is going to paint it Proton for me.

My rear end was debadged...decided it looked unfinished, just re-badged it. Looks more professional and valuable, I think.

We removed the rear Isuzu (damaged), I also replaced the front grille logo with the VX lettering. I still plan on leaving the side bagding, no one ever knows what a Vehicross is anyway.

The only this I have done different, I made a set of ISUZU mud flaps for the rear. Big Isuzu Letters on mud flaps that only hang down about 2". Flaps were oem from a early 90's Zu PU, I think. I had them on Amigo series too.

Chris

new to the site, thanks

Took out the fangs to so he could paint them black, not sure why since its black underneath them anyway.
    Agreed. The fangs were gone on mine before I got it. I like it better without.

left side badging in place, replaced ISUZU on the back with TONKA, put VX in yellow on grill.. I've been stopped at so many red light intersections with people asking me what it is.. married couple arguing that Tonka doesn't make a "real" SUV.. lol.. I had 5 city police cruisers pull into Applebees one night, the 5 cops came up around my Proton, my friend ran outside to see what they wanted.. just pictures.. all of the people curiosity is funny.. it can get old.. but still funny..
    driving anything other than my Proton makes me want to puke

All badges on

My VX is all original - just the back up camera that was installed. All the badges are on. I flirted with the idea of taking off the big ISUZU off the back....not really a fan and that is the only one that really bothers me looks wise....but since my VX is basically 100% stock for now I decided against it. My VX looks basically looks like the day it came from the showroom.
    While I am tempted - there is something nice about it being so original.
    "KILLER BEE" :

I'm actually thinking of re-badging, at least partially, since I have a USDM parts car now. Got a couple of these to keep the 'beast' theme the previous owner had going, one for the grill and one for the back.

My black VX was partially debadged when I bought it in 2011, all I have left now is the engine size on front fenders & the TOD badges on right , bottom of rear Door, I have 20" black MB wheels, and chrome VX letters on grill , and vanity plates, which I can't say what they are, you'd all copy. It's a crazy vehicle for sure, & I have head turning vehicles befor, but the vx turns the most, if I had a dollar for every neck turned or stares while driving, I would always have free gas $$$$.

Mine had the ISUZU taken off the back before I bought it. Yesterday a guy pulled up beside me at a light and asked who made my VX and I told him. I'd put the badge back on if it would stop those questions. It was really hot and hot air follows cold so as soon as I rolled down my window I was flooded with HOT HUMID air. Good thing the A/C works like a champ.

Rod