Thread: Those with engine failure

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Those with engine failure

You should go start a site called something like

www.isuzu-engines-suck.com and focus it on bringing attention to your perceived problem. When someone's engine fails around here, point them in that direction. You'll start getting testamonials, and perhaps you can put together some sort of compelling arguement.

Do like the acura dudes did with their transmissions.

It took them 2 years, but eventually they owned up to the problem.

(I'm still not convinced theres a problem with the engines)
    2000 Black VX 105k

Sounds like to me some of these guys really do have engine failure but how many of you don't? I hope that mine will go forever.

I had my oil changed earlier this week and I was told that everything was fine. Heck, I'm using regular 10W30 Penns in my ride. I don't do a lot of heavy duty driving like most of you are doing. I like the looks and feel of the VX but I don't think I will be trying to climb Mt. Everest anytime soon.

I bought mine to enjoy and I like the questions and looks I get when I drive her around. I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens. Oh by the way, my Irinman has around 55,000.

^ thats my whole argument. Its just like the evening news, you never hear the good, only the bad.

All forums are places were there is a consensus of info and need for it. Subsequently, your going to have alot of people coming forth with anamolies, problems, solutions, etc.... Statiticians, and people who do the census call it 'voluntary input'. If you choose to take the time you will see as many threads of praise, and props for the vx (especially from newbies), as negative. If you think people are harping about problems on their cars fine. I love my vx but my engine has failed... simple. If you think I am being negative or spewing just cause youre wrong...perchance you see your number #1 cylinder fail, I imagine I'll see you posting threads asking and saying the same things-
    face the mirror

^ my #1 cylinder failed several times in my trooper. Its engine has 212k miles on it.

Come to think of it. The #4, and #5 cylinders have misfired before. Why? Because oil leaked onto the spark plugs and caused them to not light. Not because my engine failed.

*sigh*

I just got my VX. I have to say that the engine failures stories here really got my attention. You see, I purchased my VX with a bad engine. I knew the engine was bad before buying it, but decided to buy it anyway, and get it a new engine. At the time I didn't think that getting the new engine and getting it installed was going to be as big a nightmare as it was. But its finally over with. I just got it out of the shop this Monday. I won't get a chance to drive it until this weekend, and then I'll get to see just how good this car is.

By the way...if you think that buying a car with a bad engine is a strange thing to do, you don't know half the story. How I ended up with this car was just odd altogether in my opinion.

Joe

Question

Originally posted by DetroitVX
    By the way...if you think that buying a car with a bad engine is a strange thing to do, you don't know half the story. How I ended up with this car was just odd altogether in my opinion.
    Joe

And you're just going to leave us hanging like that! The nerve!

I demand...yes DEMAND that you finish what you started!

By the way....welcome aboard!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Originally posted by Jolly Roger VX'er
    And you're just going to leave us hanging like that! The nerve!

I demand...yes DEMAND that you finish what you started!

By the way....welcome aboard!
    Haha...the reason I didn't post the story is because I know that I would go on and on with it. Its kind of a long story.

Joe

Originally posted by Maugan_VX
    ^ thats my whole argument. Its just like the evening news, you never hear the good, only the bad.
    I think you hear the good everyday... you know, the annoying posts about mods and stuff like that? Those are people NOT having problems and enjoying doing things with and to their autos. Those are the positives, and whether you realize it or not, you're hearing about them everyday. Besides the 8 or so VX owners who have had cylinder problems (which is obvisouly their fault I guess), among the other engine variants in other models which have had the same problems which haven't been officially documented, everyone else seems to be having a f-ing great time in their VX.

By the way... you need to realize that not everyone has the same taste as you in automobiles. This forum was set up to be a host for all VX owners. It doesn't matter if you keep it stock, go wheeling, rally it, whatever... people are different. If that annoys you so much then you are welcome to leave or you can stay and try to accept it without being so damn negative in your posts.

Maugan_VX,

It's people like you that drive away people that may have a problem because they don't want to be ridiculed for posting. I haven't posted on here for awhile since I sold my VX, but I've read over the latest posts and your mouth seems to be all over them. It's gotta stop!! Grow up or go somewhere else.

You know, I always wish people well with their VX's, but for you: I hope that it falls apart and nobody here helps you get it back together!!

Wow, did you think that sounded harsh?? Just read over some of your past posts and you'll find that to be mild compared to your junk comments.

To everyone else, what's up and I hope all is well.
    "Lead, follow, or get outta my way!!"

Angry Bad Trooper engine

I had a Trooper with 155K miles on it and it started running on 3 cylinders after 12 years, I think a valve got burned. I took it back to Isuzu and demanded them to fix it for free but they wouldn't. I got mad and wrote to my congressman / senator and to the better business bureau with no effect. This is very depressing. What sort of car company is this? On the other hand my Vehicross engine does not burn any oil which is good. So now I have mixed feelings.

Hey Detroit VX...most of us have loads of time and there's enough (cyber) space...so come up with your story!

PS I haven't heard of any problems concerning the 3.2 litre engine. (knock on wood)

I hope that it falls apart and nobody here helps you get it back together!!
    Don't worry, I could put most of it back together again. And what I couldn't figure out, Tone has given me the shop manual... and any ole monkey can follow instructions

I thought we were past all this fellas :P

oh and about the trooper with 155k miles on it, I hope you were being facetious about getting it fixed for free.

Originally posted by Maugan_VX

I thought we were past all this fellas :P
    We were... that was posted a week ago. Let the thread die an already painful death and let us all hope we don't have to go through this again!

Re: Bad Trooper engine

Originally posted by visconte
    I had a Trooper with 155K miles on it and it started running on 3 cylinders after 12 years, I think a valve got burned. I took it back to Isuzu and demanded them to fix it for free but they wouldn't. I got mad and wrote to my congressman / senator and to the better business bureau with no effect. This is very depressing. What sort of car company is this? On the other hand my Vehicross engine does not burn any oil which is good. So now I have mixed feelings.
    Dude - I know exactly how you feel. My VX is running fine but I've got a 1982 GMC truck with a little over 300,000 miles on it and it's starting to burn oil. It's up to a quart every 800 miles or so. And GM is treating me the same way Isuzu is treating you. They won't give me a new engine! I am so pissed. I'm thinking of contacting the State Attorney General's office.

Hey! Doesn't GM have 49% ownership in Isuzu? They're in cahoots! Bastiges are building vehicles that wear out - just to get us to buy new cars! They've got a racket going! Wonder if the RICO statutes apply...? Forget the AG - I'm calling the FBI!!!