Thread: The 2005 ZuZoo ????? post

Question The 2005 ZuZoo ????? post

I thought I'd start a thread for all us first time (or not) VXers to ask questions about ZuZoo (2005)

Any dates set yet?

Do you need to reserve camping or is it included when you register?

This will be my first year going so I am sure I will have more questions to come.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Billy!

Glad to hear you are planning to attend! Finally!

Plan for the 3rd week in May. The dates will be announced closer to the first of the year. The registration fees are for the event proper not lodging.. We'll do as before and get a block of rooms set so those wanting to attend can be in the same place. Those that are planning to camp at the Portal Rv Park can call as see what is available.. The cabins at the Portal are usually booked well in advance and in most cases are not available.

I'll be starting a category for 'ZuZoo VIII and well post more info as it comes in.
    Scott / moncha.com

Any dates yet??????
    Gotta put in for my vacation next month!

2004 Schedule

http://www.zuzoo.org/index.shtml

I think but don't know that the VX only run would be on Tuesday the 10 May with the 2005 Isuzu Fest starting on Wednesday the 11th of May lasting out the week.

Everything might just be a week later, hard to tell until late February.

Bob F
    Neither ordinary or extraordinary, just indefatigable.

2000 VX Green Dragon- Chick Demagnitizer-Supercharger-Injen Intake- Cold air box-K&N- Power Vault SS Exhaust-265-75-16 BFG MT kms-On Board CO2- Custom Boulder Bars- Custom Skid plates- PIAA 520 Fog Lites-3inch lift with OME 912 Springs-LINE X Bedliner on Cladding & Hood Insert-ARB Front Lockers & Custom Bull Bar. Vintage Offenhauser Hood scoop Thule Rack. XM Radio-Custom Storage Box-First VX to surmount the RUBICON.Thanks Sierra Stompers

Third weekend in May. Third weekend is defined by the third Saturday. This will make 'ZuZoo May 18-21, 2005.

Steve G

Calendar won’t let me enter an event in 2005 yet but Scott will be able to and will put a countdown timer on the front page - time moves quickly and so many don’t plan to go and then hate themselves for not making it after the fact! Can be easy or hard on the vehicle, just depends on how YOU drive it. Lots of spotters and lots of good friends. At least bring your VX even if you ride with one of us - most we have had there is 20! Let’s beat that record this year!

Hopefully the board will make the right decsion and make the Banquet Sat night so that all those who drive THOUSANDS of miles can enjoy it instead of catering to local drivers.

One more thing, VX ONLY run is usually the day before ZuZoo starts and has not heretofore been an official part of ZuZoo but that may change this year. Many of us get there a few days early to sitesee as Moab is beautiful but during the event, it is hard to get away.

Some of us are planning to get there before the event to rent ATVs for a day or two - Kane Creek was a blast on them last year!

Thanks Steve for the date info. I work in a place that I have to put in my vacation 6 months ahead of time or it fills up. If I waited till Feb for the "official" date it would be way too late. I think I'll put in for the week prior also just in case and then cancel what I don't need after the official dates are posted...just to be safe.

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    So - I've been doing some research/thinking about attending my first ZuZoo event starting with Zuzoo V III.

In poking around I found the following article:

http://www.4x4wire.com/isuzu/trails/moabzu5/

Under the 'Preparation' section is states the following:

"In addition to the basic maintenance items, you need to make sure your rig meets the basic requirements set forth by 'Zu Zoo, Inc. This includes equipment such as a matching sized spare tire (mounted on a rim, please!!), secure battery tie down, front and rear tow points, a tow strap with looped ends, a jack, and a functional CB radio."

I looked on ZuZoo Inc.'s site and didn't see any 'requirements' before being allowed to attend. Is this 'list' just a list of suggested items? What I'm concerned about the CB Radio. Due to car audio equipment I do not have room for a CB.

So, this question is aimed towards ZuZoo Inc., or those who've been to past ZuZoo events... Surely the lack of a CB radio wouldn't prevent one from being able to participate in ZuZoo 5, right?

Thanks in advance...

-biju.
    (bee-juu)
    Last edited by biju : 05/09/2005 at 07:51 AM

Just get one of those cheap handheld radios with magnetic antenna off ebay. I've got one like Item 5729882349 and it works just fine. It plugs into the cig lighter socket and has full 4 watts power.

The items you listed ARE required to participate save for the full sized spare. The VX's spare qualifies.

If you don't want to do the handheld thing..

Look here for the Cobra Radio solution I chose. Works great and does not take up any room. (Hint.. click the picture in the upper right corner)

Biju...Here is an inexpensive handheld CB
    Last edited by Triathlete : 11/07/2004 at 07:42 PM

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    Thanks guys for the info.

I honestly didn't know they made handheld CB radios! Very cool.

After the info in your replies I did some searching and found one that I like. Haven't bought it yet, but will soon:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...729154122&rd=1

-biju.