Thread: Thoughts on cladding...

Thoughts on cladding...

I've only had my VX a month and I'm already tired of detailing the cladding so I stopped by the local Auto Zone to check for "New And Improved" plastic cleaning produts and what do I see but a special on liquid truck-bed liners ($5.00 a can). This got me thinking in another direction and I've noticed that a few people have already tried this so I'm wondering what we're getting for results. Is this something I should get done by a dealer or is it as easy as popping the cladding off and spray'n it down. Any advice + or - would be helpful. And yes I did read Apostle's thread but I'm just double checking with everyone anyway.

p.s. Thanks Anita.
    Last edited by UNEVEN THOUGHTS : 07/26/2004 at 03:54 PM

It's been done by a few people that seemed to like it but I wonder about people who spend too much time detailing their cladding. I've never touched mine except to wash it and it looks perfect after three years. I don't think it needs any attention. I bet the products are what are aging some people's plastic. I live in Detroit, the home of sun and rain and polution and snow and salt and ice and I don't even have a garage.
    Canadian VXer!

Try this........Mother's Back To Black..... you can find it at any automotive store and it works great on any black plastic or vinyl.......but try it on a smallsection first
    "Never trust a BIG BUTT and a smile"

The problem with the brush on stuff, from what ive seen, is that the cladding needs to be prepped first. that stuff was designed to stick to metal, not plastic.

but its the same concept as, albeit thinner then, Line-x or rhino lining.

either way, if you do it, start with a small inconspicuoous piece, to see how it holds up and if it peels easily then post pics

back to black works great I used it for the first time last week. Have had rain and drove the vx down to florida and back and it still looks good. Easy application to. It tooks no time to walk around and wipe the cladding down with it.

Yes, Yes, I know all about back to black, tire shine, and the like. I'm realy just looking for advice on having the pannels done with Line-X or something similar.

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

Talking

I dont remember if I have read someone doing what you describe. Bob (Green Dragon), Zadam and few others have Line-x'd their VX's. If you havent read these already check out these threads...

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ighlight=linex

http://club.vmag.com/ubb/Forum39/HTML/003806.html
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com