Hello,

I was comparing the VX and Trooper "TOD systems", and I've noticed that Trooper got some extra "pneumo-electronic" valve, or even two, that are purposed to disconnect the TOD box on-the-fly. It is called "shift on the fly" (if I remember it correctly).

So, lets say we have VX's TOD "disconnected", in other words, the TOD clutch is not engaged, and we have manual hubs installed and unlocked.
Then, when the car is moving, the clutch disks that are "connected" to the rear wheels are spinning, while disks that are driving the front wheels are not. Or at least not suppose to... But, we have an oil inside the TOD. And this situation will create a friction in between "rear" and "front" discs, that will create heat and extra fuel consumption.
Maybe thats why Isuzu engineers designed an extra component to disconnect the TOD box?

What do you think?

Another thing is -- the common recommendation for disconnection the TOD, includes manipulations with "blue" or "light blue wire". According to the lame Isuzu manual this is a power wire for the TOD computer, while if you look here

TOD 50/50 mod for Trooper

Is a scheme that includes a switch that when in ON position sends +12v to the TOD _solenoid_ control wire (the yellow one), that makes the TOD clutch to be completely engaged. It is obvious that grounding of this wire will make the TOD clutch to be completely disengaged.

Please tell me where I'm wrong...