Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: those of you with the RAZO shifters...

those of you with the RAZO shifters...

well i get a vibrating noise when the engine's RPMs hit around 2200-2400. it's quite annoying considering most of my driving time is spent within that range! i tried to uncover the problem by taking the entire center console & shifter cover area apart. it was then that i realized all u had to do was UNSCREW the shifter to get into IT turns out the problem is just the top of the spring vibrating against the inside of the shifter handle.

ANYWAY... i found under the shifter cover that apparently when SCUDD installed the RAZO shifters, there was something extra that he didn't attach or detached from the OEM shifter. i found it wrapped up in a paper towel (i guess so it wouldn't vibrate against the metal body right under it).

it looks like the same type of cable used for throttle control -- a rubber/plastic cable housing, and at the end the STEEL cable sticks out about 2 inches or so and has a black plastic eyelet type connection at the end. i can move the steel cable in and out about 1/4 - 1/2 inch maybe.

WHAT THE HECK IS THIS? i tried following the other end, but it goes in the dash and up where it's too compact for me to trace it w/o totally disassembling the dash. i was thinking it was the switch attached to the brakes that allowed/prevented you from shifting w/o having the brake depressed, but i tested that theory and it wasn't it.

maybe a manual overdrive ON/OFF switch from the old shifter knob? any help would be appreciated. I'm not too worried about it, but of course i would like to know what the h#ll it is
    Do they ever stop looking?

Man i have that rattling to with my razo... driving me NUTS, I always end up driving with my hand resting on the shifter to shut it up... need to get in there to figure out what to do to stop it from vibrating.

this is the one I have, the rattling is only coming from the gear shifter, not the 4wheel one.

-Dave

wow thought i was lookin' at my truck for a sec anyway i found this... maybe?

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ght=home+depot

god i love this forum

Wait Scuba Steve. Is your post relating to two different topics? 1) being the vibrating noise and 2) being about key getting stuck in ignition? I want to bring the thread with the solution to the vibrating noise to my mechanic to fix but I want to make sure its the right directions because that vibration from my Razo drives me nutssssss,,, please advise?

The cable is either a shifter/ key interlock or a shifter/ brake interlock or a combo of both.

Thanks Area.....

NYC dont pay a mech to fix the vibrating buzz man! Just buy a foot of maybe 10gauge wire from lowes, pull the coating off, and feed that spring through it. no more buzz

like to see what a mech would charge for that... wait... no i wouldn't...............

Question ummmmm

No vibrating as of yet (knock on wood) but i did have tha key prob, and even following the advice on tha affore mentioned thread i couldnt resolve it....

so what did i do??? I disconnected tha cable in totallity I know (or maybe i dont) but it solved the problem and i always push tha brake anyway...x

thanks scuba , your right...

X you shouldn't have a problem with those shifters... it's the RAZO ones in the pic further up in this string...

I have a rattle/vibration in my Razo's also. Only the tranny handle though. It's been located on the "overdrive" button. Once I get going, that bad boy gets all shifty on me and sounds like a loose peanut in it's shell. I sorta learned to live with it, and keep telling myself I am gonna silicon down in the sides of the button assemply. No use for it anyways.

Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Originally posted by WormGod
    I have a rattle/vibration in my Razo's also. Only the tranny handle though. It's been located on the "overdrive" button. Once I get going, that bad boy gets all shifty on me and sounds like a loose peanut in it's shell. I sorta learned to live with it, and keep telling myself I am gonna silicon down in the sides of the button assemply. No use for it anyways.

Is there a way to connect the OD button on your shifter to the power button wiring?
    The Bantan's Relm
    Gallery
    Myspace Page
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things we care about."

I had originally thought about wiring it to something but could find no real use for it. I shift manually much of the time, and knowing me, I would hit it accidentally or something. Next thing you know, my high beams would click on or washer fluid would come shooting out. Better to leave an accident in the happening alone.

Talking

Seems to me that when I used to play "spyhunter" there was lots 'o' stuff to connect to that OD button:

1)smoke screen
    2)oil slick
    3)rocket launcher

LOL.;eekr;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Does the 4WD shift knob just unscrew?