Thread: What's it worth

What's it worth

I have a 2,000 VX white Iroanman edition that I'm trying to decide what it is worth.

I just had a new engine dropped in it: bored .30 over. comes with 3 year unlimited mileage warranty. Also have cone filter and PV exhaust.

Vehicle has 111K oh the chasis and 1K on the new engine.

I also have brand new toyo Proxes on her and slooted and drilled rotors with brand new pads. I also have new Rancho 9000 shocks.
    Vehilce is in A1 shape.

Can anyone give me an idea of what to ask for her as with the new engine NADA does not seem to do her justice.

What did you get from NADA?

Unfortunately, there are many publication which state that "add-on's" are supposedly....non-value when it comes to selling a car. I don't know if I believe that but several well-respected people in the used car market have told me that.

Your VX has MANY miles, which would lower the value over blue book. However, a new enigine raises it back up. It just a questimate and there are, I would think many VX'er's in this forum that I would trust over my opinion, but I would think your VX would go for standard BLUE BOOK with a milage range between Mid to high.

Because no matter what you say about the engine, you have 111K on everthing else.

about a million dollars. If you ask me. :coolg:
    VX...Priceless...Everything else there's mastercard..

NADA said 11K, the dealer would only give me 8K. I have a friend that is a dealer and he says are VX's aren't worth squat any more. Great news!!!

Well, as with anything really, the VX is worth more to someone looking for one!

I would just price is comparably with others you see for sale and go from there... unless you needed to trade it in or wanted a dealer to buy it from you.

I have a friend that is a dealer and he says are VX's aren't worth squat any more. Great news!!!
    Actually .............. Vehicross depreciation rates ........... etc. ........ may be near the 'bottom' ...... and prices may actually be inching up slightly ..... one dealer I spoke with told me he has paid more (wholesale) this year than he did last year for VX's ..... he has purchased (at least) three this year ....
    ???
    Mileage is important in resale value ...... and ESPECIALLY with a limited production 'specialty' vehicle like the Vehicross ........
    and (especially again) when there are available examples out there with low mileage ....... it is not uncommon to locate a low mileage VX ......

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987
    I'd say it's worth 11.

If you're trying to sell, ask 12 or better and see if you get any hits. Anyone looking at it will probably figure that the brakes,tires and shocks should be replaced at that mileage anyway, so you'll have a hard time trying to up the price because of those new parts.

Also, the fact that the rest of the drivetrain has 111k on it doesn't help your case.

Don't take it the wrong way, it's just one opinion.