Thread: Lesson

Lesson

One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he decided the animal was old, and he needed to be covered up anyway; it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.

He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement he quieted down.

A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He was astonished at what he saw. With each shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up. As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and happily trotted off!

Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles are a stepping stone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up!

I like that, very true, good words to live by.;Dr;
    Drive it like ya stole it!!!

2002 Axiom XS
    -20" Eco 820s with Goodyears
    -Custom fiberglass system...Rockford, JBL
    -Cutom powerdyne supercharger in the works
    -Cutom functional WRX hood scoop
    -Custom morgan-tec dual exhaust
    -Morgan-tec high flow intake kit

For prices, pics, audio and vid clips of my products please check out www.morgan-tec.com

thx tomcat. I needed that today...
    My Other Ride Is a Puma
    www.mwior.com

Me too, I guess thats why I decided to post it...

My pleasure!

Julio

Originally posted by yal^
    thx tomcat. I needed that today...

me too

Thanks.......

Yeah, well this work week was more like they threw me in the well, then poured a dumpttruck of maneur on top of me, and I had to dig my way out by the end of the week.

Sometimes sluffing it off won't work, and you need to roll up your sleeves and dig through the sh*t to get on with your life.
    Steve

I like that one...here's another.

Pooh was reading a book about the North Pole, thoought it would be fun to go and invited all his friends to join him on an expedition. However, eyor wasn't going to go, he thought they would get lost or freeze to death. Piglet didn't go because he was too nervious and thought he would get in trouble. Owl told Pooh there was no way he could get to the north pole because he couldn't leave Sherwood forest. All Poohs friends said it was impossible and abandon Pooh on his adventure. But did Pooh listen to them---NO WAY! So he asked Owl which way was North, Owl pointed in one direction and Pooh set off. Piglet, Eyor and Owl laughted at him as he walk away. About 2 minutes later, Pooh was walking throught the forest and found an old telephone post sticking out of the ground. He turned right around and went back to his friends, who were still laughing at him. Owl said to Pooh, TOLD YOU!!.. Pooh said your wrong Owl, I found it. Pooh said, which way was North, Owl pointed in the same direction and pooh nodded. Pooh told then he found the North pole. Owl said how could you of found the North Pole? Pooh said do you see that big Pole (telephone pole), behind those trees up there.....everybody said yes, Is the North said Pooh, Owl said yes, There, I found the North Pole. Pooh found his OWN North Pole.

The lesson, your North Pole is whatever you make it out to be. Don't let others tell you what is or is not successful. Don't ridicule others onthier quests and adventures.

Owl thought he knew everthing- and was wrong
    Eyor was a pessimess (check spelling), and never happy
    Piglet was sacred to try new things.

What are you?

Thumbs up

EXCELLENT lesson, I only wish it was DIRT that I have to keep shakin off (and not the smelly stuff)
    It's the love child of a Hummer & SLK, uniquely rugged & SLeeK

but there is more.....

Originally posted by tomcat837
    One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he decided the animal was old, and he needed to be covered up anyway; it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.

He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement he quieted down.

A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He was astonished at what he saw. With each shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up. As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and happily trotted off!

Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles are a stepping stone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up!

Enough of that crap . . .

The donkey later came back and bit the farmer who had tried to bury him.
    The gash from the bite got infected, and the farmer eventually died in
    agony from septic shock.

MORAL FROM TODAY'S LESSON:

When you do something wrong and try to cover your a** (rhymes with 'bass'),
    it always comes back to bite you.

;pg;

-gruven
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Re: but there is more.....

Originally posted by gruven
    Enough of that crap . . .

(...)

MORAL FROM TODAY'S LESSON:

When you do something wrong and try to cover your a** (rhymes with 'bass'),
    it always comes back to bite you.

;pg;

-gruven
    LMAO!!!

yal^

Originally posted by Kahuna
    Pooh found his OWN North Pole.
    Sounds like a story that a bunch of MBA's I know would love -- if the problem is too hard to solve, redefine it so the answer is easy -- I've seen that more times than I can count.