Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SC came today!

SC came today!

That's right, in all its blacked out glory(looks like it was powder coated flat black). Having it installed on Thursday with ceramic break pads as well.

YEEEE HAUUUUUWWW!
    Draftsman of the dead

Thumbs up

Enjoy and speed safely!

Lucky dog... I remember when mine showed up! Nothing (at the time) made me happier!!!!

Have fun!

One thing I didn't notice was that you are not supposed to go out and hall some *** right after you get it installed. You are supposed to just putt around for 15 min. until the ECM is adjusted then give it some gas and feel the difference! Enjoy, I know I do everyday!
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

The one bad thing is that they(Alpine) did'nt include some cruise control braket or some'n so I can't use my cruise crontol for a while til they get the part in(3 weeks or so)...no like I use it anyway.

Off hand does anyone know the milimeter size of the 5psi pulley? I'm just double checking I got 120mm.

How much is the S charger and where can I get one resonable?
    How much is an normal install too?

Thanks Billy

your looking to spend close to 4g's installed.

to buy one go here-

http://www.alpine-developments.us/index.html

How much did you end up spending on the install... all said and done?

Check out my first post.....going in on Thursday.

I'm sure I'm going to get kicked in the nuts when it's all said and done...stay tuned.

You have to factor in the new gaskets, o-rings and belts as well...amounst other stuff.

Oh, sorry... damn, what am I thinking? I said you just got it, and I was the second person to post! Damn... loosing it.

I hate bringing my car in to the shop, your at the mercy of them.

I know this is a simple "bolt on" and should not take to long if they "knew" what they were doing......they gave me a estimate of 10 hours and I'm sure if they got it done sooner.....they will still charge me for the 10 hours.

m-fer's

Ha! You never know. The shop I put it in took almost 3 days... I paid around $700. They were REALLY nice, and the owner took a ride with me when he was 'almost' done, but they don't live on charm alone.

It depends. Good lcuk, keep checking on it, and take it back to them for other mods (that you can't perform yourself) if you think they did a good job.

I brought my truck there to get my breaks done, did a good job. I supplied them with all the parts, but now I'm switching out my pads with ceramic ones.

The other pads are waaaay to noisy.

1999, Supercharged, Ebony, Vehicross, 0809

SC Install

I had my S/C installed at the local Isuzu dealer. Their master Isuzu mechanic did the install, in their shop, with their equipment for $300.00 cash. This all was done duringt regulart business hours. The mechanic just di not work on any other Isuzu's unitil he finished mine. It took 4-1/2 hours to do the complete install. This guy is really great!!! He gave me a new serpetine belt, new injectors, flushed the radiator and brakes all for the $300.00. What is interesting, is that the entire dealership has adopted my VX as their own. Everytime I come in to the dealership, they all parade out to see the S/C VX and ask what else I have done to it lately. If I trip a computer code, they come out and tell me what it is, no charge. I had a code come up for the MAF about 6 months ago, my mechanic buddy gave me a MAF off a 2001 that had a complete engine change for no charge. It turned out that there really wasn't anything wrong with my MAF. After talking to John at Alpine Developments, he said that with the 5 PSI pulley, sometimes after driving at higher speeds under boost for a period of time, the MAF registers that too much air is going into the engine and trips a soft code. It resets itself after a few start ups and there is no need for alarm.
    Anyway, this is classic case of not what you know, but who you know. This is by far the best dealership I have ever worked with on any of my cars. They know what they are doing and always insure that they do their best job on anything they do on my car. I wish all of you could have the same experience at an Isuzu dealership that I have had. Today my buddy is going to install my Interceptor Shift Kit, again for no charge. I always let him take it for a drive when he's done, and he always comes back with BIG grin on his face.
    As far as taking 10 hours to do the job, if your mechanic works really slow and does not have a lift or all the tools he needs, it MIGHT take 10 hours to install. It should be about a 4-1/2 - 5 hour job for someone that knows what he is doing.

SEE, why can't I get that kind of servise.

Your a lucky man, the shop I'm bringing it to is all set up...it's a HP shop and deals with all this type of stuff...but, I still don't trust them.