Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My VX Arrived

Talking My VX Arrived

My VX arrived, in perfect condition, after 12 very tense, gut-wrenching days in shipping by a questionable company.

Whew!!!

Life is good.

Congrats!

What did you get?
    the only thing in the way of your goals are your excuses

Take care of it,and have fun with it.Get ready for plenty of open-mouth stares.I`ve had mine since the end of April,and I`m having a blast.Took a 1000 mi. road trip last week.
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
    -HST

What did you get?

TDUB - 2001 Foxfire Red w/roofracks and 12000 miles. Not a scratch on it. Worth all the trouble of getting it out of MASS. (where they don't like people from other states buying their cars - absolutely no temporary transit tags for out of state buyers).

Thickness -Where'd ya go on your roadtrip?

I'm still waiting for mine, due to arive the 14th in amsterdam.
    This will be the first ever vehicross in the netherlands!

I need help .......... I want a VX in every (avail) color ........

Cool

thedutchguy...congrats on bringing a vx to the netherlands, where in the netherlands are you? I'm origionally from Hull in England (now live in minneapolis) I lived 3 miles from the ferry terminal so we used to spend a lot of time in Holland, particularly Rotterdam, Amsterdam and we used to ride upto Assen to watch the bike races a lot.
    Cant tell you how much i miss that!!!! I've had some of the best, funniest and wasted times of my life over there!

I know shipping can be a headache, i brought one of my bikes to the states with me when i moved, shipping was easy, beurocratic paperwork was a nightmare!!

good luck!

Pete

Congrats Jimbo .........
    PeteVX: Are you speaking of bike as in 'bicycle' ..... or 'motorcycle' ? .....
    ..... Assen ........... must be motorcycle ......... I seem to remember reading about Assen ..... do they/did they hold a GP there ?

yep, motorcycle, we used to watch the GP's and 24 hour endurance, if you know bikes mine is a yamaha TRX 850 motor in a TDM chassis with an RC30 single sided polished swing arm and custom made stainless pipes that exit under the seat like a Ducati 916 and mx bars all painted in a metallic blue.
    Though since moving here 5 years ago i've probably done less than 500 miles on it.....never seem to find time to ride and people at least here in minneapolis drive so badly its not even funny!!!

Pete

PeteVX:
    Sounds neat. Just barely familiar with the TRX and TDM .... and RC30 (Honda) - and (of course) the 916.
    I'm semi familiar with the Yam .... TD ....... TZ ...... bikes ...... I'm a TZ and RZ kind of person ....... 2 stroke junkie ........ still kicking myself in the arse for not purchasing a new RZ350 in the late 80's when I had a chance ........ sure would not mind an Aprilia 250 in the garage ..........
    I currently ride - as often as you unfortunately - a Kaw Ninja 250 on the road. Still have a few off road bikes (also) - Suz 125 and Kaw 200.

Exclamation Do not understand

how people in Minneapolis can drive worse than they do in the UK? UK and Europe are worser places to drive!

Red face

Hah Hah!! Funny visconte, this is going to set off another debate but I've been lucky enough (I think!!) to have driven all over the world, including places like russia, poland and east germany and i have never experienced drivers like i have seen here. I think part of it is the ridiculously easy drivers exam, when i took my bike test a few years ago they were allowing people to take the exam in different languages!!! I mean, come on!!!

I was run off the road the 1st week of riding my bike by a woman reading a magazine on the steering wheel in rush hour traffic, each time she turned a page she veered into another lane!!

That was just the start... and some of the young girls i see driving along seem to be the worst, talking on cellphones, putting makeup on, shaving or whatever then swerving accross 4 lanes with no indication cos they almost missed their exit..

....I dunno maybe i'm getting old and grumpy or something

Talking

Ohh and you also all drive on the wrong side of the road too!!

Hah!

t2p, yeah, i grew up with 2 strokes, RD yams and stuff, wish i'd kept a few too, also raced a honda cr500 ex GP bike for a bit too but then as i got older and could afford it went to 4 strokes.

I have an XR400 that i ride a few times a year, it feels safer riding offroad except the guys i ride with ride every weekend and race enduros a bit too so are pretty quick and i have a hard time keeping up. I did save up last year for a ktm exc 450 was just about to buy it thenended up getting divorced so it all went to the lawyer ... still bumming about that!

Q...why are divorces so expensive?

A...'cos they're worth it!!!

Talking Actually...

...most right-handed people find it more logical to steer with the left hand and shift or read magazines and do their make-up at the same time with the right hand.

Originally posted by PeteVX
    Ohh and you also all drive on the wrong side of the road too!!
    Noooooo we drive on the right side! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhah ahaha OMG that was so cheesy hahahahahahaha

Oh and dutchguy I will make it to amsterdam someday! Might be 20 years but I will make it!
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......