Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Stereo ate my CDs

My Stereo ate my CDs

I have read that the stock stereo on the VX has given many owners trouble. My 01 was perfect until today. I have 3 discs in the changer and it won't play or eject them. Is there a trick I don't know? Is there something I can do or am I going to have to get a whole new system? For God's sake, the radio is freakin' killing me. To make matters worse, my favorite Dropkick Murphy's CD is in there!

Cool ah!

i love my iPod. got a new unit to have a line in from the iPod and replaced the CD changer with a pocket. you'll have to go to a dealer if it's under warranty. i had mine replaced when i bought it so i wouldn't have to deal with it.
    the guy says if you live in a warm or humid climate the CDs can warp if left in too long and thus get stuck. sorry man.
    Hotwheels™ toy come to life.
    www.doubleadesign.com

The CDs were only in for a few hours. ARGHHH

With the vehicle cold, hold the eject button in. Once you hear the motor whir, take your fist and give one good pounding (not too hard, not to soft) on the dashboard. You should get the offending Cd (which is too thick) to come out. Make a copy of it, and play only the copy. Repeat as needed for each slot. (With key off, push eject, then push the slot number).

Nate

yeah

you don't need the car to be on to eject CDs. neat, though i found out about this trick (standard feature) a week before i pulled it out.

Thumbs down

Good luck! I'm on my 5th CD changer, and will soon go the IPOD route as well. However, the good news is that only once was I unable to get the CDs to eject and even then they were returned to me once the dealer sent out the offending gizmo. Oh, and one more thing... Dropkick Murpheys!?! Punk Rock!!! Let me know if you are ever in Chicago. I'll take you to the coolest bar in town for that sort of thing!
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

iPod

I've been using an iPod for 6 months now and it works beautifully. The FM transmitter connects without wires. Very easy to use.

Howard

Line-In

Line-In beats Fm transmitter hands down.
    I have the iTrip, Belkin FM transmitter and a Sony tape adapter. Of those 3 the tape adapter was the best but there was still a tape hiss, but it was better then the distant sound of the transmitter, plus the fact that there are so many stations in the city you could never get a clear signal. so, line-in was the way to go. Stereo quality sound, just perfect but it came at a hefty price so it is a major consideration because you jump from your $50 and under options to the $300+ options.

I just tried the whacking the dash-no love. Is it possible driving down a really rough dirt road shook something loose?

I assume you aren't getting the infamous ERR3 code or any other error code. Try the following reset procedure originally posted by Tone - I know it sounds like mumbo-jumbo but it works!

Disconnect the negative battery cable. Depress the eject button 50 times,
    turn the key on and depress the brake, turn the key off and reconnect the battery cable.
    The lights on the CD changer will flash orange-green. As soon as this stops,
    depress the Eject button. This may release (eject) the CDs.

I tried it-(and felt like a dufus pressing the eject button 50 times) and still no love.

I don't hear the motor in the stereo doing anything at all. When it worked I could hear the insides.

warranty

do you have one? it should be covered.

No warranty. I bought it used.

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Have you tried whacking the left side of the changer while pressing the eject OR a different CD slot? Ten minutes of patient slugging might do it.
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

I'll give it a shot.