Thread: RELIABLE After Market Warranty?

RELIABLE After Market Warranty?

Hey all! About 2 weeks ago, I bought a 3 yr./36,000 mile warranty from Continental Warranty. After a $200 down payment, I got the contract in the mail & found out it was NOT what the salesman had represented it to be.

# 1- The salesman claimed all repairs would be paid with a company credit card directly to the repair shop. This was not the case. The contract stated that I would have to pay for repairs out of pocket, then be reimbursed.

# 2 - If you choose the monthly payment plan/direct debit, you must wait until the warranty is paid in full before you can file a claim. Meaning, I couldn't even file a claim for the first year.

# 3 - They had far too many claims against them from the BBB. Mostly for difficulty in getting claims paid. =/

(I already cancelled the warranty per the 30 day contract review grace period.)

I am almost at 70,000 miles & I NEED something to cover me in case something bad goes wrong with my baby! I do not have $2000 laying around to pay for an extensive repair!

Does anyone know firsthand of a reputable warranty company?!

Thumbs up Aftermarket warranty

Hello Kristy - Many Hummer owners like this company, Exotic Warranty - www.exoticwarranty.com. They will structure the coverage that you prefer and I have read good reviews about the company.
    Regards from Maine - Mark Lane

you may also want to contact the local AAA ..........

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    50K miles seems to be the cut off point for many extended warranty companies. It's great to hear of other companies that may take on a vehicle beyond that magic number.
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

I Got A Continental Warranty...

... So far I haven't used it. Never bothered to buy the "extended" warranty on ANY other car I ever owned. Never had major issues either, but then my VX is the OLDEST rarest car I've ever owned and the ONLY one I ever held onto this long. Got the warranty as a safety fully understanding that I will be reimbursed for authorized repairs up to 70,000 miles or 7 years. The key is you call Continental before the repair, get authority, and get paid back. Not the best scenario, but then like Home Security, you hope you never need to use it.

Got 41k on the ODO and I stay on top of my maintenance, barring defects, and knowing of members who have driven their VX's 100k+ I feel secure. I doub't if I'll buy the extended warranty again. I am way to maticulous to let anything happen to my cars anyways. I chalk this one up to being over protective to my rare VX Bottom line, may none of us ever need an extended warranty
    NAVIGATOR