View Poll Results: If proven not too costly, would you make your VX convertible?

Voters
198. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yeah!

50 25.25%
  • Hmm, that's an idea.

19 9.60%
  • It depends on how the first one comes out.

28 14.14%
  • Are you out of your Vulcan mind?

101 51.01%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The ultimate Mod!

Having met a "pimp my ride" ride...up close and personal, and experienced the quality of their work on a professional level....just get a sawzall and take it to BAM....same end result.

As Nancy Reagan used to exclaim "JUST SAY NO!!!"

I bet for the money you could buy the VX02.

Having not seen a West Coast Customs in person, I can't confirm craftsmanship, but Aesthetically I think they do a great job, and none of it, that I've seen looks like hack jobs.

I've always felt that if someone does a piss poor job in their trade, they won't stay in business. I have a hard time believing they do crap work.

However, If I'm spending that kind of cash... Chip Foose is the man!!

great comments. Thanks for checkin' the myspace site. Was gonna use the mod on a new video for "Lyrical Engineer" and take it on the road with me to do speaking engagements and concerts at youth events to encourage kids to stay in school and at the same time pursue their dreams and goals. I haven't heard back from Foose yet, but still need to figure out the funds first anyways. Happy New Year guys and thanks for the comments.
    Call me a geek, or maybe even nerd, but face the facts, we da ones be rulin' this world!

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    ya, definately go foose if your going to spend that type of cash...

he does great, quality work...
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

If I remember correctly, isn't a custom shop in that area is responsible for creating the VX02... started with an A? If that is what you are going for, maybe they are still in business?

Spyder aka Mark Miller

speed bumps...

When I was looking into this a while back, I found these online... they are similar to the VX02's... they are called "speed bumps".

http://truck.hownd.com/photo-1522-ga...peedbumps.html
    SilverBullet75
    Formerly: '01 Ebony VXSTLTH
    Now: '08 Saab 9-7x Aero 6.0L

Targa, VX02 Options for roof mods

I had a Isuzu Amigo and found a split sunroof that I was able to shoehorn between the outer frame of the roof. It kept the integrity of the roof, but allowed me to have basically a glass top.-ie very little mods required.

As for the VX and a similiar project:
    Anyone know of a company that makes very small (separate) sunroofs? ie. 12" x 12"? I'd like to put two in over each seat and have an instrument cluster running inbetween them.

-Doug
    -Wekilled
    douglaswekell(at)gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by wekilled View Post
    Anyone know of a company that makes very small (separate) sunroofs? ie. 12" x 12"? I'd like to put two in over each seat and have an instrument cluster running inbetween them.
    -Doug
    Not sure about "manufactured" separate sunroofs, but, is it possible to cut windshield glass to the proper size to use? (obviously not intended to use as a "movable" piece, only fixed). I just test drove (for fun) a Jeep Commander Limited (Hemi) with one main sunroof and two small "fixed" sunroofs... just thought it was cool as heck!

I don't work in a hair dressers therefore i think i'll keep my roof thanks !!!!!
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

OK, seriously, I'll do it for 75 maybe 70 grand, and I'll need it for about 10 months. But I guarantee I can get it exactly like the VX O2.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by previper View Post
    OK, seriously, I'll do it for 75 maybe 70 grand, and I'll need it for about 10 months. But I guarantee I can get it exactly like the VX O2.
    there ya go....for all those that ''must'' have the VX02 look...

Ital Design made the VX-O2. They are back in italy and won't contact anyone back, not even Isuzu. I have contact info for one of the VXo2 designers. Metal Crafters here in LA area said they can do it for $70k or so and they'd make the toneau, cut the windshield and dual exhaust and resupport the frame. GAS quoted 80k and would include new low profile seats, new rims, automated tonneau new side mirrors, and sound system. I'd go with GAS if they'd lower their price in 1/2. If wonder if they got 10 people willing to do it, if they could go that low. They said the most costly item is to make the mold for the tonneau. Doesn't look to like too many people are interested though.

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329
    Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    I was never a fan of the VX02, but there are some fresher ideas on how to do it and make it look a bit more appealing. I did a PhotoChop of an idea that appealed to me, with t-tops and a removable rear top.

I think they key is, if you have the money, start doing some renders to see what looks right for you, then check for stability where your cuts will take place (security is still key #1, unless it's just a show car), then find the shop to do it and write them a fat check.
    Oh look, an Amigo!
    ~ ~ ~
    Van Eyes - slightly trimmed, Sylvania SilverStar ULTRA head lamps, Red (port) & green (starboard) 5 LED 'headlight horn' lights, PIAA silicone windshield wipers, K&N Filtercharger (in stock air box), MacNeil WeatherFlectors, Assorted cargo nets from previous vehicles, Optima red-top battery, Transmission Interceptor, 20 LED 'light tower' turn signals & brake lights, 18W PIAA W2 running lights, Trooper skid plates, Black Luverne step bars w/Tone's custom brackets