Thread: Window

Window

the passenger side window came off track. ok so instead of destroying the window i took it to the isuzu dealership. No big deal until the call and say that they can not glue the clips on the bottom of the window. Has anybody else had this problem? All that is wrong is that the window is off track and the clips have come loose. The need to be re aplied. Has anybody ever heard of this or had experience or do i need to wright it off and buy the new window like isuzu wants me to?

Check this out, don't know if it helps, but check it out!!!

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...&threadid=1180

This may help in why the binding broke, but may not be the immediate solution to getting it back on the window. However, if you have continued problems then this method may be the best bet. I keep spraying on silicone spray to avoid doing any major work, but it will be a problem in the future for me, so eventually I will use this thread to fix my problem....

Good Luck!
    -The Rave-
    North Carolina

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Early on I had the window problem with the glass coming off the track (binding on the track). I stupidly kept using the window and one day, "CRUNCH,"
    I broke the plastic tab off the window. Mechanic told me there was no way to glue the tab back to the glass. They replaced my window, placed shims in the track and replaced the regulator under warranty. I use a silicone spray regularly now with no problems since.
    Last edited by Anita : 05/05/2004 at 01:29 PM
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

That darned window!

I've had my driver-side regulator replaced twice in the last year (one under warranty, the other not) and the windows is still making grinding noises on the way up. Thinking I better take the door panel apart and grease the heck out of it before it blows up completely. Tried applying silicone lube to the tracks in the last couple of days, but thinking that's too little too late.

Any body have a link on instructions on how to take the door panel apart and service the regulator?

Anita:
    Hmmm ..... so you do have/use silicone .....
    Seriously .........
    Do you spray silicone on the tracks while everything is 'buttoned' up - down into the tracks, etc .......... ???
    or .....
    do you remove the door panel (or anything else *) and then spray ..... ???
    any preference for silicone ......
    * on the car ! .....
    t2p .......... enquiring minds wanna know ..... about the car .... yeah ....

...... got so caught up in that post that I misspelled (mis-spelled ?) 'inquiring' ...........
    maybe I was thinking of the National Enquirer ....... (uwe ... that is sad) ............
    t2p - past Spelling Bee dork .... very past ......

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Window fix
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...&threadid=1180

I dont remember the brand name of the spray. With the long small straw that came with it, I sprayed it down and into the sides where the window would be held by the tracks. I dont take off the panel...

Just replacing a regulator wont do it if the track pinches the window too tightly. Silicone spray can keep the problem at bay but the real fix is to get inside the panel and deal with the tracks themselves as described in the above link.

t2p.. its the only silicone i need....

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987
    I think it was Naoki who had a picture on his site of the window clip/stud in someone's hand. Don't know if that means our far- east cousins have found a cure or are just experiencing the same window problem.

Care to comment Serge?

well isuzu said the regulator is ok. No unfornuatly i missed the problems with the windows so I didn't know about them. Well next week the window and the rubber will be replaced I am going to spread the rail out while the door panel is off and go ahead and have it taken care of. Thanks for the help.