Thread: !#@*! Check engine light

Question !#@*! Check engine light

Arrghhh!

Check engine light came on again. Third time in six weeks, and as before, it is the P1441 code. I know its the evap/recirculation system, and I know for sure that it wasn't a loose gas cap. Anybody have any bright ideas about what parts I should look at next, or how I should troubleshoot?

All three times, it has happened at the same place under the same conditions. It kicks on at the end of a downhill, which I take in 2nd gear. I shift up to drive, make a sharp left, and BAM, light goes on. All three time on a day of average temp and humidity. Code P1441 all three times.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Ron

Lightbulb Every Spring and Fall...

...I disconnect the battery for a minute to allow the VX to "reprogram" itself. No guarantee, but see if that gets rid of the code. Also it may be time to replace the fuel filter.
    NAVIGATOR

I was reading though the messages about the Check Engine light and the P1441 error code and ran across this post. My VX did the same thing to me this week during my commute to work. I ran it by a local mechanic and they diagnosed the problem as something called an evaporative purge solenoid. I'm not sure if anyone else has tried this fix on it with this particular error code or not. I thought it was worth mentioning.

BTW.....Can anyone recommend to me a good place to order Isuzu parts from? I looked over the good dealer list for service, but would like to know where the best place to order parts is at. Any info on this would be appreciated.

Thanks for the info Tone. I'll make sure to call them tomorrow.

Also, don't forget to check the Web Links section for lots of links including the one Tone provided. You can find it and other links in the Main Menu in the upper left corner.
    Scott / moncha.com

2001, Silver, Vehicross, Supercharged, 0492, Sold 3/20/2012
    I have had the 1441 light for over a year now. I do not live close to a dealer to get it solved. I clear the fault and it returns in a few days.
    Roy

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Pfeiffer
    Arrghhh!

Check engine light came on again. Third time in six weeks, and as before, it is the P1441 code. I know its the evap/recirculation system, and I know for sure that it wasn't a loose gas cap. Anybody have any bright ideas about what parts I should look at next, or how I should troubleshoot?

All three times, it has happened at the same place under the same conditions. It kicks on at the end of a downhill, which I take in 2nd gear. I shift up to drive, make a sharp left, and BAM, light goes on. All three time on a day of average temp and humidity. Code P1441 all three times.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Ron
    In the kick panel fuse box check the 10 amp fuse C3- This energizes both the Canister & Purge solenoids.If that is OK ck for vacumn leaks at cannister.Check for clogged,kinks or pinched hoses at the Evap sys rubber hose line. Ck the filter in air separator which is located near the vent solenoid valve.
    Last edited by Green Dragon : 02/27/2005 at 01:59 PM
    Neither ordinary or extraordinary, just indefatigable.

2000 VX Green Dragon- Chick Demagnitizer-Supercharger-Injen Intake- Cold air box-K&N- Power Vault SS Exhaust-265-75-16 BFG MT kms-On Board CO2- Custom Boulder Bars- Custom Skid plates- PIAA 520 Fog Lites-3inch lift with OME 912 Springs-LINE X Bedliner on Cladding & Hood Insert-ARB Front Lockers & Custom Bull Bar. Vintage Offenhauser Hood scoop Thule Rack. XM Radio-Custom Storage Box-First VX to surmount the RUBICON.Thanks Sierra Stompers