Thread: Engine disable

Engine disable

Is there an alarm system that will kill the engine say after 2-3 blocks so thieves can't make a getaway with my vehicle? I have the crappy stock alarm system right now.

I heard....now bear with me here because I'm not exactly sure how I should explain this.....but someone told me that there is a way to rig up a switch to turn off the fuel pump while the vehicle is parked....is this possible, and if so would it be a really bad idea to do this to our VX?

I just got the Panther 241 20"s on with 285/50/20 tires and I fear someone will want those (not that the VX isn't valuable in itself)

Thanks for any help

~Kiersten

PS I have to figure how to add a pic to my profile here....then I can show everyone what the wheels look like!

Thumbs up

Can't wait to see the pics...
    -Dave

Some pics posted under "modifications"....will update with a better digi cam soon.....

~Kiersten

Thumbs up

They look great! Congrats...

I have heard of 'kill' mechanisms for cars. The police use them in decoy cars. I believe this is something that can be found on the internet. LoJack might have something like this, as I believe they have options for what you can have installed. I am not sure but this is what I believe. Lastly, given these are such limited production cars I would think that a stolen one would be found pretty easy.... me 2cts
    face the mirror

Clifford has this feature on their alarms as an anti-carjacking feature. I have it.

Heres how it works:

Every time you start the car, you must enter your binary code on the 2 button switch. if the code is not entered after startup, or after any door has been opened with the engine running, the carjacking feature will activate.

Heres what it does:

The first time the brake pedal is pressed, the alarm light will start flashing, the alarm will chime with the flashes. This goes on for 30 seconds. After 30 seconds, if the code is not entered, the alarm will kill the ignition the first time the RPM's fall below 2,000. The siren will now sound full, and CAN NOT be deactivated with the remote, only with correct code on binary switch.

So, if someone takes your truck, they get a few blocks at most, and it stalls in a more visable place than where it was parked.

You do have to hit the code anytime you let someone out with the engine running, but doing it becomes routine after a short while.

John C.

Heres the answer to your fuel pump question.

You wire a switch in PARALLEL across the fuel pump, in effect shorting it. if anyone tries to start the engine without flipping the switch, it blows the fuse. Flipping the switch after that does nothing because the fuse is already blown.

No thief will check/replace fuses, but you should travel with a few spares, because you WILL trip yourself up with this eventually.

John C.

Along with my stock alarm I have LoJack.
    Draftsman of the dead

Im considering one of these anti-theft systems.. (not for the "sensitive", dont click unless you have a twisted sense of humor) ... Killer alarm systems..
    Maverick
    99' Ebony VX sold...