Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: DC/MD/VA VX'ers

DC/MD/VA VX'ers

I'd like to see a Tri-State (DC/MD/VA) VX Group started in this area if there isn't already one. If there is, let me know about it. I've seen at last 5 VX's in the DC Metro area alone. I know there are more of us out there. Let's try to come together.

Anyone interested in a monthly meet-n-greet let me know.

SexyQue@comcast.net

Also, going to look into getting something started on Yahoo Groups (if it's not already there as well). I'll keep you posted.

There are quite a few of us around. We meet occasionally, but usually only when weather is on our side. There has been talk about regoinal VX chapters, but nothing ever comes of it.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Let me know when and where the next meeting will be.

I imgaine something could be arranged soon. There was just one in Delaware, as seen in this forum. For something more local, in the MD/DC area, I am sure everyone would be down if some options were to arise.

Thumbs up If you plan it...

...They will come Pick a location, preferably with food and beer and loads of pretty young ladies we'll be there with VX's shined and mod's to the hilt
    NAVIGATOR

count me in

I have yet to meet ANY other VX owners!

Just detailed the VX after the long period of snow, salt, rain... I hear more rain is coming too

I would love to meet some other VXers.

Jay

Sounds good!

Count me in as well.

Perhaps I will manage to track down that Proton that drives around Front Royal and get him on board too. Seen him four times so far, but never in a situation where I can flag him down. He must live very close to me, but he's as elusive as the flying dutchman . . .

Ron

Re: count me in

Originally posted by ISCE
    I have yet to meet ANY other VX owners!

Just detailed the VX after the long period of snow, salt, rain... I hear more rain is coming too

I would love to meet some other VXers.

Jay
    Spotted a Kaiser about 2 or 3 weeks ago on York Road driving in the opposite direction in front of the "world famous" Senator Theater www.senator.com . Of course I flash my lights and blasted my horn, but the young fella behind the wheel just looked kind of dazed and confused as if he owed me money or something and kept driving south on York. I've seen plenty of VX's in Baltimore... you name the color we got it here. Problem is, most keep to themselves.

Where are you in B'more Jay? No point in being strangers
    Last edited by Navigator : 04/25/2004 at 03:16 PM

I’d be interested; I’m in Reston, VA.

Hi Nav,

I always keep my eyes open. I have passed another VX a couple of times, and we both always wave. Not sure if it is the same person or not. I think both times was on Glen Arm Rd.

I am just east of Towson in Cub Hill/Parkville area. There is another VX owner, Kaiser 2001 less than 2 mi from me on Joppa Rd. I always see it sitting in the drive, but never met him/her. My wife saw the VX at the library one day.

I hope I will be able to make the meeting as we figure out where and when.

Jay

I don't know in what type of setting VX'ers generally have their meets and since I'm still fairly new to the area (2 yrs), this is just a suggestion...

Dave & Busters
    White Flint Mall
    Bethesda, MD

Figure since we're tryin' to do this as a DC/MD/VA Meet, then some place like that is mid-way from most of the furtherest points.

Let me know what you guys think about a location, then we can work on some dates & times.

Que

Good location and right off of the Beltway. We all know Dave and Busters has plenty to offer for fun, plus, they have a parking garage so we can probably just park on the upper deck outside of Dave and Busters and hang back for a bit jabbering.

This was our "rain option" in case it rained on us at our Hooters meet last year, but the rain held to hardly a drizzle.

I'm game.

Also, I believe every 3rd Saturday of the month, there is an All-Car meet in Mt Airy, Md in the parking lot of a strip mall. I went last week with my brother in law for the forst time since he wanted to show off his new '69 Camaro. MANY nice cars up in there! They had everything all sorts of vehicles. Lifted Jeeps, old Vettes, motorcycles, vans, ricers, you name it. It was a little redneckish, but hey, who likes their cars more than a crazed redneck with a mint '69 Chevelle SS?

ANyways, there's an option also. I think those people would drop nuggets if a convoy of VXes rolled in there.

Lightbulb D & B Works for Me...

...I'ts about an hour away from Baltimore, and has video games, good food, and a decent bar. Not a bad location. Need a spot to line up all the VX's for photos. Saturdays work best for me, also try to plan this before the CECADA's arrive, I guarantee there will be no clean VX's when that swarm of millions of 2 to 3 inch long bugs start smacking into our vehicles @ 60+ mph starting in mid May thru June. Keep us posted

D&B is good, and the car show sounds like fun too. Saturdays work best for me as well. Is the 15th of May too deep into the bugs? This will be my first experience with these locusts, not sure what to expect but everyone here remembers the last time they were here.

My May doesn't look too bad except the 22nd and 29th already have plans.

Jay

Exclamation I've allready got holes in my yard...

...I think the estimate was 10,000 bugs per acre for 6 weeks starting in mid May. But if you see a thumb sized hole in your yard, you only need to dig down about a half foot to find the buggers today. Insectacide will not be effective until they sprout wings acording to EyeWitness News, and of course then it's too late. Is there a car wash near D&B? No doubt some level of bugs will be out, good idea to hose off any bug resudue before photo shoot

Wasn't too bad in 1986', I had a mortorcycle then and remember being hit in the neck and chest...HARD ... by several. Ever been shot by a paint ball?
    Last edited by Navigator : 04/21/2004 at 08:44 AM