Thread: Hello ..I'm back on

Hello ..I'm back on

Hey everyone.. Long time huh. Well I'll post picks and info about my solid axle swap. All I know so far is it will be a toyota axle and the rest will be jeep rubecon excessaries. GOIN BIG. as big as the drive axles will let me. 6" is gettin boring
    I always take life with a grain of salt. Plus mashed potatoes and gravy!

Glad to see you back! Can't wait to see the SAS pics!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

love the lift!!!! almost makes me want to keep mine and do something radical to it....however get them new tires i assume you are waiting on a.s.a.p.----...stock tires look real bad with that lift kit......quite funny because it almost looks like what people do to big trucks (4x4's) around here in New Jersey when trying to pass state inspection laws...<through the small tires back on even with the high lift---during INSPECTION> then if & when they pass they put the big stuff back on....(of course then the state caught onto people doing this a few years ago and made it manditory for all 4x4 trucks with lift of any type 3" or more over stock and or I believe 33" tires and above to go thru a whole different test along with the tilt test area that most states have for big (4x4) trucks. if i'm not mistaken?? you can't even exceed a specific lift and tire size not much bigger than the above mentioned any more in NJ!!!

again, it looks really sharp lifted like that my friend....i always wondered what the truck would look like all tricked out 4x4 wise or military setup....ugh!!! instead of how most owners trick them out with all high tech rally car racer gear, stupid ugly crazy high tech non-truck looking rims YUCK!!!!!!, then they poke fun at all the young kids driving those very same cars (aka: hondas, mitsu, acura etc etc..) that are designed around that modern look with carbon fiber special this & leather/lights special that look blah blah blah!!...go figure???? it's a 4x4 truck dammit, if you modify it? keep with the 4x4 theory! that's my motto........

ok ok i'm being harsh with that because the truck does look damn good tricked out for street use, but i personally like the 4x4 look much more than the street look. if you want a car? buy 1!!!!

although it makes one hell of a rally racer if done right....and hell you can enter the non-pro un-sponsored class! and with just a few minor mods, probably kick the crap out of most other competitors in stock catagories. no stock jeep or other suv on the market will come even close to competing with it from a factory standpoint.

hats off to ya &
    best of luck,
    kevin

...IS this post true???

Did BOARZHEAD actually do an SAS???...has anyone done an SAS????? where is the picture proof???? Or will I be the first??? I WILL post pics of mine as I have already started.
    Last edited by SPAZZ : 10/24/2005 at 11:42 PM

Dstruction is SAS'd..

Wow us Alaskans must have a good rep doing SAS's huh? But no they have both sold theirs and never got to do a SAS sooooooooo........ YES SPAZZ YOU WOULD BE #1
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

Talking Oh yeah!!!

Whens this going to happen James? And bar disaster will we see it next year in Moab?
    Give us some planned specs. Leafs or link Inquiring minds want to know. Plus lots of pics of the build would be greatly appreciated by the masses!