View Poll Results: what year VX did the engine failure occur?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • '99?

70 55.12%
  • '00?

21 16.54%
  • '01?

36 28.35%
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine failure poll?

Quote Originally Posted by mrtew View Post
    That's pretty clear.

Thank you mark !
    Dakar was just the begining.

Ah, "depending on driving conditions". Thanks DM!
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Black View Post
    So I guess all those people who weren't entering their VX's in rally crosses every weekend, towing 40 ft. cabin cruisers, or traveling the autobahn, but still experiencing said excessive oil usage don't count?

You may feel ease with this report,but for city driving conditions that amount of lossed oil still is a huge concern to think about.
    Let's admitted guys !
    Isuzu F..... us all

Yes we got screwed. I was told by an Isuzu mechanic that the front cylinders on this particular engine don't get enough lubrication. I know of 2 other VX owners in my area who are not on this site who had the engine failure. Imagine the countless numbers of VX owners with this problem who have not answered this poll.

I've decided that it does not make sense to waste money on the same engine.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a company that can install a better more reliable engine in my VX?
    Also, what other engines would fit in the VX?

I really don't want to part with my VX.
    Last edited by Bantan : 06/02/2009 at 02:56 PM
    The Bantan's Relm
    Gallery
    Myspace Page
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things we care about."

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post
    You may feel ease with this report,but for city driving conditions that amount of lossed oil still is a huge concern to think about.
    Let's admitted guys !
    Isuzu F..... us all
    I give! Just means more cheap crap VX's for folk like me who don't know any better.

Wrench

Quote Originally Posted by Bantan View Post
    Can anyone point me in the direction of a company that can put a different engine in my VX?

Get on over to the Planet Isuzu forums and start asking about the Vortec V6 as that used to be a popular replacement for that crap Firebird V6 that was in the early Troopers. It's likely still a viable replacement especially with the 4L30E meaning off-the-shelf bellhousings. Good luck!

Engine Failure

My engine just died. Rod bearings. 2000 Proton w/135k

Quote Originally Posted by Bantan View Post
    Yes we got screwed. I was told by an Isuzu mechanic that the front cylinders on this particular engine don't get enough lubrication. I know of 2 other VX owners in my area who are not on this site who had the engine failure. Imagine the countless numbers of VX owners with this problem who have not answered this poll.

I've decided that it does not make sense to waste money on the same engine.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a company that can install a better more reliable engine in my VX?
    Also, what other engines would fit in the VX?

The 2002 axiom's engine is a good way to go,you'll need ECM software upgrade & new wiring beside few other stuff

Did Isuzu ever offer anything along the lines of a high-flow/performance oil pump that could be used as a preventative measure, or would the apparently ill-thought-out design of the oil passages in this engine render the increased capacities useless anyway?

Question

The 2002 axiom's engine is a good way to go,you'll need ECM software upgrade & new wiring beside few other stuff
    Okay, wait a minute, first you condemn the 6VE1 then you recommend the 6VE1?

Okay, wait a minute, first you condemn the 6VE1 then you recommend the 6VE1?

You got to remember that the 2002 engine was redesigned,it's a better engine though,at least has more power & no oil burning issues.

So by comparison i'll recommend the new 6VEI

You got to remember that the 2002 engine was redesigned,it's a better engine though,at least has more power & no oil burning issues.

So by comparison i'll recommend the new 6VEI
    That would be the 2004 Direct Injection engine, the only difference with the '02 mill is throttle-by-wire. As a matter of fact the Direct Injection engine is still the much-maligned 6VE1 with a different intake and heads. Also of interest is that the 6VE1 is still in production and one of Isuzu's best selling gasoline engines. Of course just the one's used in the VehiCROSS are crap, since they must have all been built on the 13th of each new-moon calendar month after the factory's fertility festival binge-drinking contest.

Okay, okay... I, Joe Black, promise the never look at this thread again. I also promise to restrain myself, to the best of my individual ability, from commenting on threads or posts purporting the supposed infirmity of the 6VE1. Really. Cross my wrenches and all that rot.

That would be the 2004 Direct Injection engine, the only difference with the '02 mill is throttle-by-wire. As a matter of fact the Direct Injection engine is still the much-maligned 6VE1 with a different intake and heads. Also of interest is that the 6VE1 is still in production and one of Isuzu's best selling gasoline engines. Of course just the one's used in the VehiCROSS are crap, since they must have all been built on the 13th of each new-moon calendar month after the factory's fertility festival binge-drinking contest.

Okay, okay... I, Joe Black, promise the never look at this thread again. I also promise to restrain myself, to the best of my individual ability, from commenting on threads or posts purporting the supposed infirmity of the 6VE1. Really. Cross my wrenches and all that rot.

Amen !

I'm not happy to read about all of these engine problems. I've owned rare vehicles before, and you expect window issues, quirks here and there, but I agree, a modern motor shouldn't be having an oil flow design flaw.

I'm in for figuring out which motor is best to replace ours with. Does anyone have a list of all that is needed to swap in the 2004 Axiom engine (which are becoming more rare as we discuss this issue).