Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ford Sportka Commercial... WTF?! Must see video!

Ford Sportka Commercial... WTF?! Must see video!

OK... my best friend turned me onto this... the local morning show in Tampa at http://mjmorningshow.com was talking about this video... if you haven't seen this commercial... you HAVE to see it... The Sportka is the Ka's EVIL twin.... check out this video... IF your a SERIOUS cat lover and can't take a joke, DO NOT view!

http://www.933flz.com/audio/cat.mpeg

Lemme know what you think!

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am)

Undergoing LS1 Conversion as we speak!
    Click Image to Visit My Website!

Thumbs down

That's just poor taste, period.

coach those are really funny...

if you have seen the others you would understand... on that is frickin' hilarious has a pigeon landing on the hood i believe it is and the sportka swats it to oblivion. it's a hoot.

technocoy
    macintosh man

Originally posted by Heraclid
    That's just poor taste, period.
    Was that poor taste on my part to post the link? I was in shock that a company marketing a car would make that video... I posted over at http://www.ls2.com and got banned for posting the link! I said it was warped... and so thought I was covering my butt... and they banned me! Anyway, from what my friend was telling me, there is ANOTHER video made for another one of their cars... a convertible... where the convertable top flings a bird off of it into traffic or something... and then it gets run over... yeah... poor taste if you ask me...

Should I have been banned over there for posting it? Should I be banned over here? For the record, I am a cat lover and have two of them... I wouldn't wish any harm on a cat... I seriously doubt they killed a cat for the commercial... geesh!

TTYL!
    Coach... aka Randy! (I often forget who I really am!)

My 2000 Ironman VX!... Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/60/18's on stock 18" rims, Power Vault Muffler, Tone Monday's custom tow package, OME 912 Springs, custom audio/video/multimedia computer system in the works! Transformation to LS1 V-8 Power as we speak!
    My Webshots Gallery...

No, Coach you should not be banned anywhere for posting that link. And obviously no harm was done to the cat in making the commercial. I am a cat lover also. I had one for 18 years and now have had another one for about 6 years. What we have to remember is that the computer animation that started in the movies has now spread to tv and commercials as the technology and animation process have become cheaper. Have you guys seen the one with the baby where he kicks his dad in the crotch? It's for some kind of ice cream treat with bits of cheesecake in it (Baskin Robbins maybe?). Anyway, it's a cute commercial and a good example of what they're doing nowadays with computer animation in commercials.

No harm, no foul.
    Triple X

well ban me too coach...

i think it's funny as hell and if someone doesn't have a sense of humor about this then they are not a proud car owner.

heres my demented contibution...
    http://www.richmonddubs.com/bird.mpg

again, funny as hell.

this countries priorities are jacked up if you ask me. people watch people killed in comedy and entertainment all damn day long and laugh their asses of, and someone shows a CG cat getting it's curiosity's worth and we have to call in a UN peacekeeping force. (not directed at anyone here, have just seen the reaction to coach's commercial in other forums) sorry to rant.

peace, and don't take yourself so seriously people.
    technocoy

OMG! That was funny as HELL! I think I almost woke my child up! LMAO! That was WAY more funny than the cat one... if for no other reason, I hate it when birds crap all over my car! Now THAT commercial makes me wanna own one of THOSE cars... only if it has the ANTI-BIRD option! Great find!

I just went back and forth with the moderator over on LS2.com... I had PMed him asking why I would be banned... when there is a warning at the entry of the Bar-N-Grill forum over there... it says that there might be offensive material... WTF?! They even warned them! ZeusJr (the mod) even cited illegal and unethical actions, attacking a moderator in public forum, and being a troll! I did NONE of those! I bet money that if I had posted the bird video over there, I wouldn't have gotten ANYTHING but laughter! No ban or nothing! Not even so much as a warning! Its all because of a cat got a CGI decapitation! Geesh! I'm fuming now!

Soooo... anyway, I think I need to PM the moderator again... with a link that one and ask if I would get banned for that... what do yo think the reply will be? I'll post back later... He'll probably give a permanent ban... even though I have been posting on LS1.com for YEARS and now been reading and posting on LS2.com... dang Nazi's! I just don't understand sometimes.

TTYL!

Coach!

The cat one: cant stand cats, but was shocked at the commercial. even though i know it was not real, but still, bad taste on Fords (?) part.

The bird one: a bit funny, but not that big of a deal

my 2 cents there.

;eekr; Way too much censorship in the USA. I liked the commercial. It gets the point across. KILLA!!! I was in Italy a few years back and they had a BAD *** KA in front of a dealer. A killer in the making! We all know the cat did not get hurt so lets laugh about it. It's advertising. IT WORKED! We are all talking about it.

P.S. This morning I had a lost cat scratching at my front door. WEIRD EH!
    Last edited by VCAMILO : 04/07/2004 at 07:45 AM

my parakeets are now psychologically damaged for life..... but it may keep them away from my car models for awhile

i thought they were both hilarious..twisted and sick, most definatly.. but i never claimed to have a "normal" sense of humor.. id of prefered to see a human get his head lopped off though.. i like animals much better....

as for those who were offended, there was a warning clearly stated, which i thought was very good of coach... with that there, once you click, theres no reason to b.. complain...

"Death hunts us all, you can try to run from it or stare in the eye and laugh ..its going to get you either way, id rather go with a smile...." - author unknown...
    Maverick
    99' Ebony VX sold...

I guess I have a very dark humor but I thought it was hillarious! Not what you would expect from a car company! BTW, I don't like cats.
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

What's the big deal??

Coach,

You got banned from that?!?!? Wow, it just shows why commercials like that would never make it here in the U.S.A. I thought it was funny myself. I maybe would understand if you made the flick and posted it on a sight, but for crying out loud, it's a real commercial. The LS site moderators are a bunch of panty-wastes. Maybe they're afraid the internet police will get them?? LOL
    "Lead, follow, or get outta my way!!"

both are hilarious!!! shawn
    1COOLVX

Coach,

I wasn't saying you shouldn't have posted it. I just don't much care for the commercial and thought it was made in bad taste. That doesn't mean I might not have brought it up here too, though. It fits in on a vehicle forum like this. So I'm not knocking ya for that. Definitely should not get you banned from anything - that's taking it way overboard. I'm only stating my opinion, not griping at you, and I support your right to post it.

I have seen one where a dog is about to pee on a tire and the car lifts it's tire and pees on the dog. That's a hoot. I loved the Super Bowl one from several years ago with the pigeons trying to strafe the Nissan with bird crap, and the one ends up diving into the garage door. I have a sense of humor and I hate cats getting on my VX (it stays garaged but I swear if you leave it out for 5 minutes...), but I just didn't really dig this one.

Oh, and by the way, they apparently have a new Sportka one where it does something to some old people. Anyone got a link?

Also saw it does 0-62 in 9.7 seconds, like I'm supposed to be in awe of that. Ooh. My VX and my Avenger before it could easily do that and both are much heavier and neither are exactly rockets. A re-tooled Fiesta (which is what Sportka is) oughta have more oomph than that considering it's so small and light.
    Last edited by Heraclid : 04/07/2004 at 04:29 PM

Ya, wow, they really make me wanna go out and buy a car that can so easily kill animals.

Sorry, poor marketing.... doesnt tell me a thing about the car except that the marketing department is a group of 7th graders on in school suspension.

For the record, I love cats. Guess that goes with being a Leo.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT