Thread: Is this an SUV?

Is this an SUV?

I was at the car wash today and the guy comes up to my VX and says "What'll it be"? I said, just a basic wash, and he said it would be $3.99. Then he looked at my truck and said, "Is this an SUV?". Thinking fast I said, "No, it's a car", knowing that it would be a dollar more for an SUV. He says, "OK, then yeah, $3.99." I couldn't believe it. What the heck did he think it was, if not an SUV??? A hot hatch? A tall wagon? An electric hydrocar? I was laughing about that conversation for the rest of the day! Has anyone else ever been asked if their VX was an SUV? Has anyone else ever lied about it?

Click the pic to see supersize version...
    Canadian VXer!

A 4 dollar car wash??!! Dang! If I could find a place on Cape Cod that would wash a car for 4 bucks I'd be there every week! It's about 10 bucks here to get washed.

Scott
    Scott

Scott,
    check out Simonize (or whatever the correct spelling is) They have $3.99 w/8 gallons at my Mobile in Malden. They might have similar stations down on the Cape. Not sure. I am sure Isuzu at Bourn will be 10 times that amount
    Andrey

Talking It's not an SUV!

It's an off-road sports car. That's why it's called the VehiCross, cross between an off-road vehicle and a sports car. Is there any other SUV on the market with standard Recaro race seats? Is there any other SUV that can corner as fast and smooth as the VX? Plain and simple, is there any other SUV that can track race with Porche??? Just ask Tone!!

NOT AN SUV!! Way better (or worse if you really wanted an SUV).
    "Lead, follow, or get outta my way!!"

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

Exclamation

$12.99 here and add the dollar for SUV's and then they have the nerve to want to charge me $3 to armoral the tires. ;eekr;
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

.... I'm starting to see the real benefits of owning an Explorer - I was seldom motivated to wash/clean my Explorer .......
    just think of all the time and money I saved ....
    I did keep my Pathfinder clean ........

Exclamation Speaking of Car Washes

...Sunday night I drove my VX to the local gas station for one of their "touchless" car washes when all of a sudden the robotic arm broke and crashed into the front of my VX. To make a long story short a simple $7 car wash turned into a $*** repair which the owner of the gas station payed the very next day.

Needles to say, I'll be saving even more money from now on washing my VX by hand
    NAVIGATOR

That sucks, but there is no way I could quit going to the touchless carwash - I usually get "the works" once per week. If I had to do it by hand, it would never get done...

Re: It's not an SUV!

Originally posted by VX_PA
    It's an off-road sports car. That's why it's called the VehiCross, cross between an off-road vehicle and a sports car. Is there any other SUV on the market with standard Recaro race seats? Is there any other SUV that can corner as fast and smooth as the VX? Plain and simple, is there any other SUV that can track race with Porche??? Just ask Tone!!

NOT AN SUV!! Way better (or worse if you really wanted an SUV).
    Sounds like a fair explanation... for MOST... but I have a friend of mine (Jeep owner) who likes to refer to my VX as an SUC... Sports Utility Car... trying to demean it... of course, he is only playin... but if he heard that explanation... I think he would twist it to fit his argument... for the record though... he KNOWS the VX will go ANYWHERE his Cherokee can/will go, and MANY MANY more! I don't hold it agains him though... everyone is entitled to their opinion.

TTYL!

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am)

Undergoing LS1 Conversion as we speak!
    Click Image to Visit My Website!

Is it an SUV?

I remember when the Vehicross was new it was marketed as a "PUV" . A Performance Utility Vehicle.

holy 12 year thread necro, batman!

Coach should have told his friend that JEEP stands for "Junk, Each and Every Part".

My ultimate plan is to do similar to what some have done--and just Line-X the exterior. Then I won't have to worry about washing it.

I find that by the time I drive to the carwash, sit and wait for someone else to wash my VX for me, then drive all the way back home again, I can wash and vacuum the VX myself in less time! AND I usually do a better job. With me, it is all about allocating the best use of my time.