Page 189 of 197 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

I didn't replace mine. I wrapped lizard skins around the grip of the door to keep the switch panel attached. Cheaper..and without the worry that someone will try to incorrectly open the door and break a new panel.

Here's another question for y'all. Either the switch is incredibly elusive or theyre burnt out, but how do I turn the fog lights on?!

Also during normal driving should the car be displaying 1 bar in FWD. Seems to be doing this all the time unless Im stopped. Could be related to the rear brake dragging maybe? I think the E-Brake has been stuck on since the car came off the carrier Sunday night.

If you have the stock lights in the round lights below the headlights then they are actually running lights and should come on with the first twist of the light stalk. If the "horn" lights (the lights at the top of the headlights), the oblong orange lights in the front bumper, and the triangular shaped lights on the front fenders (among other lights) are on then the little round lights below the headlights should be on too.

It sounds like your TOD (Torque On Demand) is working correctly. Below 5mph all power should be going to the rear wheels. Once you get above 5mph then the VX transfers some power to the front wheels, as indicated by the first bar on the TOD display lighting up. There is some debate about whether there is power truly going to the front wheels or whether the transfer case is just ready to send power forward. If your rear wheels slip then the transfer case will blip full power to the front wheels to help stabilize the VX. The power is only transferred for short periods of time and will go back down to one bar on the display as soon as the rear wheels stop slipping. If you put the transfer case into 4lo then all of the lights on the front wheels should light up and stay lit as long as you are in 4lo.

Bonus: Have you discovered the thigh supports on the front seats? Grab the front of the seat right under your thighs and pull towards the front of the VX. The pad should slide forward to help support your legs. If the pad is already extended then just push it towards the back of the VX shorten the support under your thighs.

Welcome to the addiction. It's a fun vehicle to own and to work on.

Keep the questions coming, but you may want to start new threads so the answers don't get buried in the introduction thread.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    Bonus: Have you discovered the thigh supports on the front seats? Grab the front of the seat right under your thighs and pull towards the front of the VX. The pad should slide forward to help support your legs. If the pad is already extended then just push it towards the back of the VX shorten the support under your thighs.
    I knew about these going into it, but obviously the dealer didn't The entire interior was detailed and spotless, until I pulled the thigh support out and found enough crumbs in there to feed a small family of mice.

I suppose the small lights are burnt out cuz the horn lights work. I try to use the search bar as often as possible but Ill probably be starting new threads here and there.

Thanks for the help!

They're fairly easy to replace. If memory serves, you reach WAAAAAY down into the front bumper (like elbow deep) and you can grab the plug, twist and remove. Bulb is a 197 iirc. Pushes right in, then you twist it back on and you're good to go.

If memory serves, I believe that you can twist the round lights out from the front of the bumper to replace the bulbs that way.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Well the guy who works near me with who bought a VX...already sold it. He said the MPG wasn't to his liking--which is like a "no duh" moment for someone who should have known better.

No idea who bought it. Sounds like he didn't lose money on it though. I'm never giving mine up willingly. Not unless the automotive industry--collectively--decides to offer something truly magnificent. So long as the closest thing is a washed-up Jeep Wrangler wannabee...I'm content with my VX.

'97 Astral 1334, '97 Astral 1320, '98 Golden Mica 1432
    Quote Originally Posted by ipd View Post
    Well the guy who works near me with who bought a VX...already sold it. He said the MPG wasn't to his liking--which is like a "no duh" moment for someone who should have known better.

No idea who bought it. Sounds like he didn't lose money on it though. I'm never giving mine up willingly. Not unless the automotive industry--collectively--decides to offer something truly magnificent. So long as the closest thing is a washed-up Jeep Wrangler wannabee...I'm content with my VX.
    Hi ipd,
    I have the same sentiment, but I might give up ONE of my three VXs if someone offered me one of these Warthogs plus a little cash! http://i.imgur.com/lwnd19g.jpg
    How was Moab this year?

Geoff aka Jayd-S

No way. Warthogs can go pound sand. Give me a UT2k4 Scorpion. Halo is for the wannabees who can't use a mouse/keyboard and never learned to type enough WPM to avoid typekills--so they use mics instead.

https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...etch?id=363483

I still haven't gone to Moab. I was about 4000 miles away when it happened.

My VX frustrates the hell out of me. I’m still keeping it. Of course ... there is a promise of a new broco from Ford ...
    --------
    VX Status: Running Great! Build is coming along nicely...

It will be RWD and probably hugely oversized. I was doing comparisons with the smallest SUV's on the market, and the VX still has a shorter wheelbase than even the tiniest of those. Even a 2-door JL Wrangler (the newest one) has a wheelbase 5" longer.

Had no idea. Thanks for the info!
    --------

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    VX wheelbase is smaller than the two-door Mini Cooper.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Yeah, there's not much out there that's as small. Sad really. If ford is going to make its entire lineup SUV's--as they are already talking about--it shouldn't be that difficult to fix. Imagine it:

Ecosport reworked for into a more fastback, 2-door coupe, lifted about 3-5" from the standard ecosport, and a suspension stolen from the Raptor parts bin. Add in a 2.0L I-4 ecoboost engine, and you have an off-roader's wet dream.

I learn something everyday
    --------