Page 178 of 197 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 188 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Hi Joe!

Thanks for writing and making me feel welcome here in the forum.

Hey it its great news to hear that there are several other VXers nearby!

Next time I am down your way, I will definitely give you a holler (and bring my VX)!

Thanks for the tip regarding Moab. I'll check out the 2016 thread.

I like your VX. It looks awesome!

Thanks,

Robert

Blog Entries
    ok, so i did this already but evidently hit the blog this post button instead reply to thread. lol. so hopefully this goes in the right place as i am new to forums and slowly learning.

Finally finally got a VX cruiser, only 88000 miles, lifted, new tires, new magnaflow dual in dual out, new secret weapon cold air intake, and all for only $8300. The best thing about is i was about to travel to new york to pick one up, but my last search attempt found this one in the town i live. Amazing find. More good new, my neighbor bought a 2001 isuzu trooper with only 140,000 miles from a police auction in Oklahoma. Its been sitting in his driveway for 6 months and now he is selling it to me for only $1000 and it drives like a dream. This all has made for a great start to the new year as i couldn't be happier. On another note, i need spare tire panel knobs, and found a forum saying to ping JASON621 to place an order for the knobs. HOW DO I PING??? Also i have already been told by another member that JASON621 is MIA.

Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    LOL...almost!

Quote Originally Posted by ipd View Post
    Moab is the only miles Jo puts on his VX.
    Put 3326 total on her last year ... of which about 1800 is Moab and back plus trails etc

Jo
    At that rate, Joe, your VX should last a long time - at least 20 more years or so!!!!

Hey have you gone off-road in the Anza Borrego desert? It is almost in your back yard. I made 4 or 5 trips out there with some friends who have Jeeps.

Quote Originally Posted by XRAYJCL View Post
    Hey there everybody. John here. I'm the new owner of a 00 Proton. I have never in my life seen one in person but only lusted at them on line. Always wanted one but I never figured that I would ever have the chance. I had settled for a 94 Amigo that I loved. A couple of months ago, a fellow member on the FB page posted it for sale,... I called the bank, ... The rest is history. Love it so far. This is going to be a fun relationship.
    Welcome to the mad mad world of VX.

Welcome, and it is true JASON621 is MIA so I don't think you can get any knobs from him.

Hey, JoFotoz and ipd, I did a reply with quote and instead of posting it went to the "review by moderator" queue. Why is that?

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Yea...I reckon she's a keeper for ever !

[QUOTE=Malibu_Robert;309097]
    Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    At that rate, Joe, your VX should last a long time - at least 20 more years or so!!!!

Hey have you gone off-road in the Anza Borrego desert? It is almost in your back yard. I made 4 or 5 trips out there with some friends who have Jeeps.
    I havent done much desert stuff, mostly rock... but , I've been meaning to get out to Truck Haven .
    If you all have room for one more, give me a shout next time youre going..I'd love to join in

Cheers

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

x
    Last edited by CaliVX : 04/20/2016 at 08:19 AM

x
    Last edited by CaliVX : 04/20/2016 at 08:19 AM

aloha
    New to the forum and to VX ownership. Back in 1999 I was working on the pier in Honolulu inspecting cars for transportation damage due to shipping from Japan to Honolulu. When in one shipment there this unreal truck/suv/??. It was a white Vehicross. I sat in it and thought about how cool to have a Vehicross would be. Then 16 years later on Craigslist was the very same Vehicross. ( I want to believe since so few were in Hawaii) I bought it and have become a devout VXer. Love it. Hope to contribute and learn from the fourm. Maleko

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Maleko175 For This Useful Post:

siemprelisto (02/21/2016)

Welcome to the forum

Hi all! 3 years an owner of a 2000 Ebony, currently looking for a second VX.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Goonch For This Useful Post:

siemprelisto (02/22/2016)

Welcome Travis

Quote Originally Posted by CaliVX View Post
    Hey guys/gals - I've been lurking these pages for a few tips on setting up my VX. Great stuff -- thank you all!

I just purchased my 2nd VX -- this time a 99 Ebony/red (all stock) with 143k miles -- from a dealer here in Orange County. Apparently the owner was from Palm Springs, and the lack of rust, condition of the leather, etc. seemed to agree. Luckily it looks as if it's been garaged, as the black paint is still in great condition, and the cladding seems to have some sort of treatment that looks nice and new My previous VX (Silver/grey) was back in 2006 in Colorado Springs - loved it then, love it now.

I look forward to meeting y'all and reading about what you've done to your VX's. In the meantime, let me know if you have any tips or can fill any of the below parts to help restore my "new" baby to its former glory:

Goal: small (1-2") lift. I hear OME 913's and t-bar cranks will work. Thoughts?

Parts needed (IM me if you can help):
    -front seats (red) in good condition
    -door handle covers for both doors (mine are cracked, of course)
    -steering wheel (red)
    -headlights are in good condition but could be better
    -original floor mats

Thanks,
    Travis
    Welcome Travis. Nice to find another VX owner here in SoCal! I keep thinking, if I can find a few folks in my area, maybe they will give me a hand with my VX!

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu_Robert View Post
    Hello everyone. I have been lurking in the shadows for a while now. I figure it is about time that I stand up and be counted! My name is Robert. I live in Southern California in the Los Angeles area. I have a 99 silver Vehicross that I've mostly kept in the garage until I take it on an outing every once in awhile. One of the places I have gone off-road quite a bit is the Anza Borrego Desert. I love driving in the sand washes there. My truck had 32000 miles on it when I bought it and it has about 50000 miles now. It is pretty much stock but it is in good shape. I really like some of the modifications many of you have done. I've been thinking, if I can get the time off, it would be great to go to Moab. Then I can meet some of you and see your trucks. The Vehicross.info forum is a great group. Folks here are really helpful. It has been a long time since I've seen another Vehicross around here in Southern California. I am beginning to think there aren't many left. Surprisingly, on occasion I will run into someone who actually knows what it is. I really love my truck!

Welcome, Robert. I have a buddy who lives in LA and has an ebony. Smooth top, blacked out OEM 18" wheels. Calls it the "THING".

Hi,
    J. Here just checking in. Bought an '01 Ebony VX recently. Been working on her since, trying to get her right. Previous owners didn't treat her too well. Had to replace the CV Axles (right one was just completely missing) and am currently scouring the globe for an elusive front drive shaft. No one seems to have one. Any advice would rock. Great forum, guys. Learned a lot already, looking forward to a great long adventure with what I think is the coolest vehicle ever made.
    Cheers.