Page 197 of 197 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 193 194 195 196 197
Results 2,941 to 2,951 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Hello everyone! I caught the vx fever last August with my first 01 white Ironman. It's still my daily driver and I've already put a ton of replacement parts and work on it. I picked up a proton yellow one a month later with less than 85,000 miles for a good price and put it back for sale hoping to replenish my bank account a little. It turned out to be difficult to get my asking price of around $10k but I came across someone who liked my yellow one and offered to trade his silver 2000 vx for mine plus cash. Now I can't figure out which vx I want to keep lmao! I just finished a 1600 mile round trip with my white Ironman and successfully towed a toyota celica race project using a tow bar 800 miles home. I love these trucks

New VX owner in South Central Texas

Morning all!
    Newby here to the VX scene with a 1999 VehiCROSS from Geronimo/Seguin Texas - about 35 miles East of San Antonio for the non-Texans in the group.

We purchased it to mainly use around the farm and a get-around rig for hunting trips, but now that I have it home and realize how solid it is, may start the process to make it road worthy again.
    Known issues:

some criminal cut the cat out of it, in the process damaging the O2 sensor wiring
    the dread 2 - 3 slip
    missing the left and right window switch panels
    missing the spare tire cover
    someone not know what they were doing damaged the supply and return fuel lines and serious leak

Plus'"

it is solid, only a surface rust spots
    other then above is completely original - guy we picked up from had the original wheels and caps
    engine runs smooth, despite the fuel leak
    one owner vehicle, always in Texas
    it is ours now and I have the patience and know how to put it back on the road

Negative's:

somehow I did not know Isuzu had left the US passenger market years ago. Mainly a Chevrolet truck kinda person.
    parts sourcing may get interesting.

Vehicredible, sorry nobody replied to your post, I try and visit the page once in a while, not much going on here these days, most if not everyone is on the Facebook page. trlrider10 and Vehicredible, Please join us there. https://www.facebook.com/groups/32929439606

Quote Originally Posted by CatFish View Post
    Vehicredible, sorry nobody replied to your post, I try and visit the page once in a while, not much going on here these days, most if not everyone is on the Facebook page. trlrider10 and Vehicredible, Please join us there. https://www.facebook.com/groups/32929439606
    Thanks Catfish. Just submitted the join request on the Facebook group under my real name, L. Upton. Thanks

5. The Following User Says Thank You to trlrider10 For This Useful Post:

CatFish (04/15/2023)

I haven't been on the site for a long time, but am book marking it to visit daily for a while.

Had the transmission of my 1999 rebuilt last summer. Took all summer and I hardly got to drive it at all. It got done around Thanksgiving and was driven to the garage for the winter as I was 400 miles south of it till early April. I'm now driving it daily and loving it.

Now to see what I've missed and maybe ask a question or two.

Rod

You have not missed much it has been pretty dead around here for a while, I wish more would come back and post but the Facebook page pretty much dominates things these days. We do have a good files section on the FB page so if you need info or a shop manual you can download one there. https://www.facebook.com/groups/32929439606

This is Pat in Pensacola Florida. Known as Silvercross. Had to sell my cross on 2010 engine blew. I have seen a Vehicross or 2 in my area. I was wondering if there are any members fee on the club in my area. My wife says she liked the vehicross but parts too hard to come by. I'm still trying to convince her to let me get another one. If any member is in the Pensacola area you can email me at Vehicross777@gmail.com.

Pensacola Hello

This is Pat in Pensacola Florida. Known as Silvercross. Had to sell my cross on 2010 engine blew. I have seen a Vehicross or 2 in my area. I was wondering if there are any members fee on the club in my area. My wife says she liked the vehicross but parts too hard to come by. I'm still trying to convince her to let me get another one. If any member is in the Pensacola area you can email me at Vehicross777@gmail.com.

Hey silvercross, It has been pretty dead around here for a while, I wish more would come back and post but the Facebook page pretty much dominates things these days. There are lots of FL people on there and we do have a good files section on the FB page so if you need info or a shop manual or other info you can download it there. https://www.facebook.com/groups/32929439606

Not sure on the inability to get parts. I had a part break on me a couple weeks ago and somehow Rock Auto knew what I needed and put it on 'Clearance'. I ordered it, but I actually needed another part or two and so far my local parts store hasn't let me down. I will even get the power steering leak fixed that I've been feeding every other day for way too many years. The pump is on its way and what's holding up the completion of the job.

Rod

Have you tried call Scott Burcham (816) 683-4254 over at Isuzu Parts center? a lot of parts are still available and some are not priced very high I get lots of parts from him the website is nice to look stuff up because it has a fitment table at the bottom of each part you look up so you can see what other Isuzus that part fits if any. https://www.isuzupartscenter.com/