Page 51 of 197 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Quote Originally Posted by VXGirlie01 View Post
    I do have one concern though. Today while driving to work my check engine light came on. The VX seems to be running fine. I'm not sure why it's on. The only thing that I can think of is that I put regular unleaded in him instead of mid grade. We use premium in our porsche carrera and our boxster, and I wasn't sure if the VX requires that as well?

~Jody
    This is not the place to discuss the topic farther but before you start a new thread here is my .02 cents....

If you have recently filled up make sure you tightened the Gas cap all the way. I hve had the CEL on numerous times because I am forgetful and do not tighten enough.

^^thank you! i'll go out and check it right now.

i really appreciate the info!

i know...i should have probably mentioned the CEL part in a diff. thread but thought i'd go ahead and throw it out there in my introduction.

thanks much...i'll keep my eye on the other threads about engine things!

dang....it wasn't the gas cap. it was on tight. i wish it was that simple and it isn't something major. =(
    Last edited by VXGirlie01 : 10/23/2008 at 06:23 PM

Welcome to family VXGirlie01! Looks like you’re getting around the site just fine. Be sure to always run anything you have done to your VX thru us before you have someone work on it. This site can potentially save you thousands.

PS: You have great taste in vehicles.
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak View Post
    Welcome to family VXGirlie01! Looks like you’re getting around the site just fine. Be sure to always run anything you have done to your VX thru us before you have someone work on it. This site can potentially save you thousands.

PS: You have great taste in vehicles.

thank you! thank you! i appreciate the warm welcome from everyone here! it seems like a great family! i'm glad to be part of the club!

welcome ..Im down in eugene..but go to portland from time to time......see you some time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Quote Originally Posted by VXGirlie01 View Post
    hi bart,

thanks for the welcome. i'll be taking him in to the shop so they can read the code for me and then i'll let you guys know what they say.

ps..i took a peek at your link to your 01 VX. nice pictures!!!
    Oh well I am sure you will not do this, but do not take it somewhere where they will charge you to read the code, any AutoZone will read the code for you for free.

hi don! nice to see some nw'ers out there! the vx in your signature looks beautiful!

littlebeast....actually, i didn't know that they (autozone) could do the reading. thank you much! i'll see what they say and then let you guys know.

great group here! i'm already going to be ordering the ladies sweatsuit, in pink of course! oh...and the sweatshirt! cool stuff! i saw the forum support area as well and i'll be making a trip there shortly.

Welcome to the "FAMILY" vxgirlie01 You won't believe the love and friendship on this forum. It's amazing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

i got the check engine light 2 days ago.and my little VX was running wierd.it was for the o2 sencer..(the guys at AUTOZUNE did a cheakfor free)..the fuel out here is getting bad... i noticed a ring of soot around the edge of my tail pipe... well i added some HEET in the fuel. and it cleaned off the sencer.(the light went out). it runs better now ..im going to get the next grade up in fuel and keep using the fuel additive ?? sorry can remember the name.(thomas??)I have a bottle of it in my VX..give me a PM if you get down to theses parts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

^^we'll be finding out the code today. I'm x'ing my fingers that it's nothing major. i've only had my vx for a week! i drive it nicely too! lol!

thanks for the welcome and advice! i just did a paypal payment to support the forum as well so i won't be a "zoid" for much longer! i'm happy to support such a cool forum!

:bgwp:

Introduction

My name is AleX Dean and I live in Vancouver, Washington, which is right across the river from Portland, Oregon (Not Canada). I bought my V-cross 3 years ago. I had never heard of it, but a friend of a friend was selling one. At first I refused to test drive it because I knew that if I did, I would want it. But eventually I broke down, drove it, and bought it.

Hi Alex, Welcome to the forum. It's nice to see another Vancouver vx'r here. There are several in town but no others on here that I know of. You'll find this is a great place with good people and tons of info.
    I don't think I've seen you around town. What area are you from? I'm over by the hospital/ Mill Plain area.
    Jody

Smile 4 Play 99

Hello my names brian from philadelphia pa i have a 99 silver vx with black and red interior my new VX family i first saw the vx on a tv show were they used them to track down monster,gost and the abnormal,thats when i knew i had to have one. It took me eight months to locate one this was back in 2k,i happen to be lookin through the local paper when i saw a local dealership with one but it didn't have a price listed,plus i guess cosiged for my girl friend to get a new car at that time so i didnt thing no more of it.Then i talked about to my girl friend about she said i should go check out so we did,and the rest is history it had a 75,000mls on it now it has 130,000mls and it still rus good and love and whould't trade it for nothing its an eye cather,head turner and conversation piece.Iam glad i found this website were people understand my enjoyment for the vx .
    Last edited by Brian Drinks : 11/11/2008 at 08:25 AM

glad you found the site brian!

ive seen a 99 silver vx down on columbus ave near ikea a few times over the last couple years.. wonder if that was you

welcome to the forum AleX, and Brian! Glad to see another NW'er here! wow!