Page 11 of 197 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Hey Illinois VXers

Im picking up my silver 99 in Wisconsin tomorrow! Im so stoked. Can't wait to hook up with you guys for a couple of runs and shows. My name is Bill, and I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.;Dr;
    Why cut down the trees to build the church when you can just worship in the forest?

Hey All!

Really glad to have found this place!
    Mid-2000 I was having the oil changed in my Outback Sport...the dealership next door had a black VX on a turntable.
    3 hours later (including 2 calls to my wife), I was driving home in my new VX.
    Yep, I have the notorious "cocking window" issue (been serviced 3 x and it's still screwed up) and the rubber coming off of the headlights, but I love this thing and wouldnt choose to part with it...period.
    Hope to contribute some info over time!
    All the best to everyone...
    Jerry G
    Egwanaboy

SUPZORZ!!!
    This is my first post in this forums and it definity wont be my last. Anyways I bought my used 99 silver Vehicross 2 months ago and I have been loving it since then..well....except when going over potholes..
    ________
    The Peak Towers Condo
    Last edited by MZ-N10 : 09/05/2011 at 02:00 PM

hiya VX freaks!!! Im Kramer Im new to the site and my vx should be on its way. Im IN Indiana now but my vx was in Kansas. Thanks to the mods and all on the site. I spent a few weeks back in the shadows to see if a vx is for me. (I hope so be it I just purchased on and have yet to drive one) Anyone know off hand how much the vx is rated to tow? and no guessing please I need to pull a Audi A4 to Utah and need to know if my new ride can do it safely
    thanks in advance!!!
    Kramer
    Kramer

I guess WSG feels it's time to introduce myself.
    I am a 22 year old male, born and raised in the Washington, D.C. metro area. I am attending Law school at Catholic University. I chose the vehicross because I saw one at the car show when i was about 16 (Japanese version with the back-up camera). Went online to get info, was one of the first to see them come off the truck in '98. Went into shock over the 30K price tag and never thought I could get one.
    I started shopping for a new car last fall and was lucky to find one with less than 5K miles. I like it mostly for its looks and the fact that not too many people have them. To think I actually considered getting an xterra for a while.

Nice to meet everybody, I've been reading post on this and the other board since about this time last year. So I've gotten to know what you guys are all about.

OT: Does anyone have an 18" rim they can sell me, I bent one of mine pretty badly and don't like driving on the donut.

Smile hello

Hey, gang...my name is Erik. Just found this site tonight while doing a search on Isuzu dealers in my area. Looks great! I'm so-oooo jealous seeing those photos of the VX owners driving in the middle of the desert with all those cool rock formations!

I live in PA...and unfortunately, there's nothing like that around here. Although, one time I did find a construction site with some dirt hills...

Angry HI all

OK, I was slow, but I finally found you Scott, Tone, Anita and the rest of the bunch over here! I'm Jim, an airline Captain in Missouri and former Air Force T38 and F4 pilot, and my 1999 Vehicross ( owned since April 29, 1999 ) just turned over 133,000 miles. My VX has seen a lot of offroad driving up the trail to my cabin in the Ozarks. No mechanical problems and the engine and drive train are doing great. I use Mobil 1 synthetic and change every 4,000 miles and it just started burning about a quarter of a quart every 4,000 miles -- insignificant in my book. I drive it in power mode all the time, except in mud or snow and get 14 mpg city and 15 mpg highway. I've done all my own maintenance, escept I've had the transmission fluid changed at the dealership every 30,000 miles. I do the engine oil, transer case, differential and radiator myself. I replaced the brakes at 85,000 miles, I'm on my third set of tires, and second battery. Besides for the standard window lift fix, the drivers leather seat is showing a little wear at the bottom left front, the orange door insert on the driver's side is developing a 2 inch crack at the lock post, and my CD changer stopped playing the last two CD positions last month. No problems with the hood insert or lights. Still original muffler and eshaust and shocks and coil springs and with all the mileage and offroad use they've softened a bit and I like the softer ride even better now, so I don't plan on replacing them. Modifications include Safari Bar and fog lamps, 1972 Cadillac Fleetwood horn ( obtained at the junkyard and it sounds so deep and cool ), dynamatting, and as my Goodyear AT/S tires have worn in the last 40,000 miles I'm about to go back to the Goodyear MT/Rs even though they're a little noisy -- I loved them before and supposedly they have a new tread compound that doesn't wear as fast. Good to be with you all again!

Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself to the club. My name is Clyde and I just bought my VehiCross last week. So far I'm loving it (except for the windows). I think it's a fun vehicle to drive and my girlfriend and I always get a smile out of all the attention and reactions we get from other drivers while in it. We're still getting used to all the "rubber-necking" This past week I've been looking at wheels I could use in the winter time since I don't want to tear up the chrome wheels I have on it now. If anybody could give me info on whether Chevrolet truck wheels can be made to fit on the VX somehow I would sure appreciate the info. Thanks.

Hey there.. just got the thing a while ago,had to have it.Waited 2 years to find a good one.This one is 100%stock,looks like a garage monster. De-badged it and thats it.Rough ride{after a suburban},but so what! Love the traction and cornering.this one is fun! See ya at the next meet. Chuck Ellis

Just thought I'd introduce myself. Name's Justin and I bought a 2001 Foxfire about four months ago. It's still bone stock, but I'm really enjoying it.

Greetings

I just purchased my VX. gotta say i love it already. Saw one back in late 99, early 00 and knew i had to have one. Then found out they stopped making them.

So finding one in a dealership was a hassle. First one i saw was white. (blech) then about a year later, now, i found mine. silver, gotta love it.

Anyway, anyone know a good aftermarket shop that i can do a little customizing at?
    Also, anything out there yet that gets rid of the doughnut spare for a full size? (the spare cover wont fit over a full size)

Talking

I had my VEx for a year and I love IT!!
    First, AWSOME
    SECOND, AWSOME
    I saw this car just in the magazine when I was in KOREA.

I always have this car in my mind and NOW!!~~~~~~~~~~

I HAVE IT!!

THIS BEAUTIFUL MACHINE~!!

IF I have chance to buy another car......

it'll always Be VEX;eekr;

Unhappy

Hey there... my name is Peter and I live in Scottsdale, AZ...
    I have had a White 99 IRONMAN VX for the last 3 years and it is really a fun vehichle! I never go off road and enjoy driving my Lexus SC400 so much that I am going to sell the VX... BOO HOO...
    since having both is just too expensive...
    I wish I had found the site earlier since there is soo much info about this great vehichle... Anyway, I'm sure any of those looking have seen my post in the FOR SALE section...
    THANKS!
    Peter

Soon-to-be-owner, I hope!

Hi everyone. I have been vehicle shopping for the past 3 weeks and it's been a disappointing experience since I've found NOTHING that excites me. I was torn between an SUV and a car, but still, nothing I looked at made me want to own it. I was hoping to have a new vehicle before the snow hits because the car I'm driving now is awful in the snow, so I got on E-Bay for the heck of it to see what's out there that I may have not already checked out. And there it was - a VehiCross! My jaw dropped and I KNEW I just found the vehicle I HAD to have! I started doing some research and homework and THEN found out how truly incredible this vehicle is, as well as hard to find. Needless to say, I've also got hubby convinced that THIS is exactly the vehicle for me, so we are on our mission to find one. Peter, yours looks fabulous, but it's so darned far away. How does one go about getting a vehicle across country, short of flying out and driving back? There's one in NY I hope to see next week, and one right here in Connecticut, but I won't make a final choice until I've checked out every one I can find in the country. Thanks for all being here, I'm sure this will be a daily stop for me now.
    Sue

ANY HELP

Whats up... me and my fiance just bought our 1st VX. It is a '99 ironman. We both work for GM companys so that proves that there is nothing out there like the VX for us to buy 1. We saw it in a trader and my fiance had to have. We saw it and 2 days later we had it. I am currently trying to find simple custom parts for it so if anyone can help... much thanks -- also what is the largest size most aggressive tire you can put on without any lift??? Can I get some help... Thanks