Page 195 of 197 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Try switching to Rotella T-6. It's for a diesel engine so has more cleaning additives. I used this in my Dragon and my oil usage improved over time.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mile High VX For This Useful Post:

ipd (10/29/2020)

I've used t6 for nearly a decade. I won't use anything else.

Proud new vx owner

Hello all!

Just picked up my vx today saw it for sale and went to see it and it screamed “BUY ME!” It’s what I have been looking for since I first saw one at a Isuzu dealer back in 1999. Runs great, front seats were re upolsterd to factory color, arm rest needs to be done, carpet and door panels are great. Has a funky Chinese kenwood POS stereo but has factory disc changer installed but doesn’t function. Need to fix passenger window, drivers is good and AC is non functional

Paint is realy good with just a few little thumb size dents

I’m a former 20 year Chrysler tech and have the tools and experience to fix anything and this VX of mine is my new baby she will be perfect in just a few months!!

You all can check out my work on my other project it WAS a POS 40yo motorhome and I turned it into a real attention getter!! It has its own Facebook page, just look up “Terminal Defiance” on Facebook just imagine what my VX will look like in a little while!!

Thanks for reading this and I feel honored to be part of this site and the owner of a very limited production vehicle

Vxdave

Introduced myself here awhile ago but maybe I hit the wrong button. Older guy here and finally got me a vx, black with black/grey interior
    Runs excellent,166k black paint is excellent!(possibly repainted) seats were reupholstered to factory colors, slight body damage up front, after bending center support back in place, I need ac condenser can’t find one, will try one out of a trooper

Everything looks and drives excellent!! Car fax shows me vx was well maintained. Just had a bunch of little crap to fix

I’m an ex-Chrysler tech so can just about fix anything on this vx. Not too many people on here anymore

Always loved the look of this vehicle, now I got one!! This little vx now has a good home and lots of TLC!

Vxdave

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Vxdave For This Useful Post:

ipd (11/29/2020)

Welcome to the madness. I still love walking out to the parking lot and ogling mine.

I do wish GM would partner with Suzuki though. Take the Jimny chassis & put Isuzu body-work on it, add TOD and baja-competition-ready shocks & call it another Vx. I can dream.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Hiya VXDave.

Availability of condenser depends on year.
    1999 VX's have a different set up to 2000/2001.

Male /female connections to dehydrator on 1999 condenser are different than 2000/01...and there doesnt seem to be an aftermarket unit available.
    Finding a good used one..or modifying a 2000/01 unit by changing dehydrator tubes seems to be the only option....with careful welding..and get the angles right.

If your VX is a 2000/01...you can get aftermarket from "Autocompressor World"...I know that fits for sure.

Yea..its much quieter here these days......many have moved over to the Vehicross group on Facebook.

Cheers
    jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for the replies,

Mine is a 2000 and tried to buy one from auto compressor world, they had them listed, ordered it and next day got emails telling me no longer available and giving me a refund......damn!! So I guess try to retrofit a trooper or find somebody to try and repair the old one. I’ll figure it out

You guys can check out my other project . just go to Facebook and type in “terminal defiance”. If I can restore a 41 year old motorhome and make it bad-*** I can figure out a AC condenser problem!LOL

Back to my VX, I got lucky to find a completely rust free California VX. Found it at the spur of the moment last Friday night, went down on Saturday, drove it, checked it out, haggled a little bit.......then drove home with my new toy!! Got so excited I even found a VX hot wheel car on Amazon and had to get it!! I’m like a teenager again!! And I’m 56!! lOL

Love the site! It’s my “go to” site for info.

Vxdave

Recently picked up a 1999 VX, ebony.
    Started doing automotive restoration professionally about 35 years ago, now its just something I'll do to a car for my personal use.
    The VX is rough around the edges but only 72k miles.
    Refinishing the exterior and repairing the broken things.
    Lower plastic panel restoration is going nicely using heat flash and wet cloth, fusing the UV damaged polymer chains at the surface back together, goes from light grey to dark grey in a flash. Paint is being wet sanded, cut and polished, looking like new paint now, surprising for a 22 year old paint job, maybe even nicer than when it left the assembly line, no orange peel.
    Should look like a new rig when finished with the restoration.

Missing hood insert but will NOT be replaced with factory insert. Here in Hawaii, the sun super heats exterior parts and those hood inserts use glue to adhere to the anchor bolts and that won't cut it here. The insert adhesives melt and let go, causing a hood insert to fly off the vehicle when on the highway.
    To correct this issue, I'll be fabricating a brushed stainless steel insert that's spot welded to stainless mounting studs, no more separation nonsense.
    Hope to share pictures here on the site but it doesn't look like photos are uploadable here.
    Aloha!

Brushed stainless sounds like a recipe for being blinded unless you are painting it or something. AFAIK, the insert was to reduce hood glare.

Welcome to the obsession!

I bought a 1999 Vehicross recently.
    94000 miles and in nice condition.
    I had to sort out a few problems, like abs, covert the radio to receive UK stations, off a cylinder, new set of plugs fixed the problem.
    I was surprised that my local Isuzu dealer could supply any parts that I needed.
    Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by moonroof View Post
    I bought a 1999 Vehicross recently.
    94000 miles and in nice condition.
    I had to sort out a few problems, like abs, covert the radio to receive UK stations, off a cylinder, new set of plugs fixed the problem.
    I was surprised that my local Isuzu dealer could supply any parts that I needed.
    Michael.
    Welcome!

Most of the community has moved to FB, so you probably won't get much traffic here. But I'm still here and will be. You can always PM me.

post up pics!

Ok I’ll have look on Facebook. What’s the name of the group please?

Hello and Aloha to the VX family

Quote Originally Posted by Moncha View Post
    Use this thread to introduce yourself to the rest of the club.
    Even if you are just lurking, this is an important thread. Tell us a litle about yourself and your experience in finding your VX.
    While you are at it, select what you are driving here

Note:You will be able to reply to this thread but, you will not be able to respond to anyone else's. No photo's are allowed
    I think this is how I introduce myself to the group?
    Just flew to Oregon to purchase my 3rd VX - this one I intend to keep but life has other plans so we'll see.
    This particular vehicle has 110k miles - black w/black, red interior - PO completely debadged it except the front Isuzu in the grill - otherwise bone stock.
    The plan is to raise it up 2", add 31's if they will fit, clean it up and have a blast - maybe wrap the upper metal in Proton or ??
    My name is Mike - live in Fountain Valley CA and am a retired print production operator.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Welcome Mike...Lots of good information here. You should also checkout the Facebook group as most of the activity is over there now. No problem with 31" with that much lift. I'm lifted less that that with 32.5"
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Hey Good People. This is my Epic Barn Find. 1 Owner 70K original miles and all original. Accident and damage free. Orig. docs and business card from dealership. Completely rust free Texas Vehicle.20211119_121318.jpg.20211119_121303.jpg20211119_121256.jpg Screenshot_20211210-094020_Instagram.jpg

Its been sitting for a decade. Now in good hands. Basics to be done. Original Timing belt so that's first....fluids and belts and hoses filters etc....the plugs were a bit scary and stuck. Patience and small moves with penetrating oil got them out. Speakers are dried and rattle so a modern touch screen and speakers to follow and some dynamat. AC is ice cold no leaks anywhere. Mind Blower for sure..... oh and it was free from a Shiba coin crypto pump and dump profit. Woah! hence "Crypto Buggy "
    Last edited by CryptoBuggy : 12/10/2021 at 07:43 AM