Page 1 of 197 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Introduce yourself here!

Use this thread to introduce yourself to the rest of the club.
    Even if you are just lurking, this is an important thread. Tell us a litle about yourself and your experience in finding your VX.
    While you are at it, select what you are driving here

Note:You will be able to reply to this thread but, you will not be able to respond to anyone else's. No photo's are allowed
    Last edited by Moncha : 01/25/2003 at 05:36 PM
    Scott / moncha.com

My wife saw the VX on an Info-mercial for a John Elway golf tornament Back in 1998 and couldn't get me to understand what it looked like. She then saw a small blurb that had a picture of the VX in a motor trade magazine. I said "Yeah, that's cool" while rolling my eyes . We then spotted a '99 Astral Sliver sitting on the local dealer's lot.. I told her that was the "ugliest P.O.S. that I'd ever seen"!! As time went by I drove past it daily going to and from work, the looks of the VX must have grown on me and I finally said "Hey, that's kind of cool". Needless to say, we are on our second VX and I have never been so obsessed with anything in my life!
    We have no kids, no dogs (Anymore) and I'm looking forward to providing my fellow VX'ers a quality, fun and informative home.
    Last edited by Moncha : 09/06/2002 at 03:20 AM
    Scott / moncha.com

Talking Rabid VXer!!

I love this vehicle! So much so I’ve had 2 and am considering a 3rd! Bought my first one in April of ‘99 with only a 2 minute test drive - didn’t need anything more. Almost 3yrs later, it’s only gotten better. There isn’t much I won’t do with this baby! I’ve got a 12 yr old daughter who loves it almost as much as I do and even got to drive it in Moab.
    Last edited by Tone : 06/03/2002 at 07:11 PM

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

Talking

Back in 99, I spotted a VX at a dealer showroom and knew that I had to have one. I discovered the first VX forum back then and read it with increasing anticipation hoping for the day I would own one. In December of 99, I ordered a 2000 Ebony from Riverside Isuzu and took posession of the baby in May. I'll never forget the joy I felt when I saw my VX sitting in front of the dealership's office waiting for me. That same joy has never diminished even after 2 years... The added benefit is such a great bunch of people I have gotten to know through the forums.

THe honeymoon is still going on...
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

I was thinking about finally buying my first NEW car and was doing some surfing on the web. I looked at EVERYTHING... every make... every model. Nothing seemed all that exciting. When I saw the VX, I thought "Wow! I wish they actually made THAT vehicle." When I found out that it really was being sold in the US, I filled out a form to get some more info. I had no thoughts of actually buying one yet, but the very next day, an Isuzu dealer in Roanoke, VA called me and said "I've got one last '99 left. Come check it out." So I test drove it just about 2 city blocks... immediately turned it around... and began signing papers. I HAD to have it.
    ________
    Life Dunk
    Last edited by phines : 05/02/2011 at 02:05 PM

I had some time to kill while on a job in Colorado Springs and saw a VX sitting on a lot. So I went in and talked to a salesman and he let me take it on a test drive. As soon as I got back to Dallas I started calling around and signed the papers a week later.

This has been the most fun to own vehicle I've ever had and I still look forward to getting into it every day.

I race in the local Dallas SCCA Rallycross series and was 1st in class last year. I was also 1st in class - 3rd overall in the Houston series last year.
    Last edited by Jay Dunford : 06/19/2002 at 08:41 AM

Cool

Somehow Isuzu had me profiled because I received an email back in '98 informing me of the VehiCROSS. I clicked the active link in the email and, lo and behold, I fell in love with it at first sight. From that moment, I knew what my next vehicle would be. I love cars/trucks (one of my few weaknesses!) so I couldn't wait to get one. Finally did in June of '00.

;Dr; Okay... As I write this I've had my 1999 Ironman less than 24 hours! I had a vicarious love affair with a Proton truck last summer while visiting my dad in the hospital in Erie, PA. There it was, parked every day at the parking garage... and I stood there like an idiot and stared at it. I've waited a year to finally buy one.

So I'm VXing on a budget. Got mine with some damage, but it runs fine and I should have it looking good as new by the end of July! Yeah... what a damn cool truck! Its fun just to sit in it!

This forum is awsome, by the way!

First time I saw a '99 iron man standing on a parking lot I knew I HAD TO HAVE this truck. Same day I came home and read as much as possible and the more I read I realised that I HAD TO HAVE this truck. A week later I went for a test drive and after the first test drive I knew that I HAD TO HAVE this truck! I out a deposit the same day and few days later I HAD THIS TRUCK

That was almost three years ago. Now after putting over 50,000 miles on it I still think it is the best vehicle on earth.

PS: Scott, great job with this site!

Hello

Hello everyone. My name is Dave and since we are on this new and wonderful site, I have changed my sign-on from CatmanV to VXMAN. I know we are all going to enjoy this site. Scott, what a wonderful job you have done. THANK-YOU very much, for all your hard work. I have owned my 2000 Kaiser since 3/01, bought new, at dealer cost. I love my vx alot, just as most of us do. I have been married for 13 years, to my lovely wife Lil. We have 3 kids, step-son Chris-19, Angela-13, Hollie-11. I love pool-shooting and have been in a league for 5 years. I'm a BIG KID at heart and I'm just starting to learn to play the Bass Guitar. I love smoking cigars, have a dog named Lexus and cat named Hunny. That's enough for now. Can't wait to see Everyone over here.

Dave
    Always a kid at heart!

Smile

#
    Last edited by EyeWitness : 05/22/2007 at 05:07 PM

Stands up and faces everyone

Hello My name is Dan and I am addicted to my VehiCROSS!!!

Saw the VX back in 97 at an auto show as a concept vehicle from Isuzu soon to be introduced to the states. It was on from there and I had to have one!!!

As of September 2002 my dreams and goals to own the VX where obtained
    Live Free or DIE!

Talking

Scott,

I bow before you...The site is excellent. I purchased my 01 Ironman last December. (Christmas came just a wee bit early that year) I have been mostly lurking on the list since then. I guess I should become a productive member of the VX community! I look forward to viewing your site over the next few days. Once again great job!!!

John
    Westminster, Colorado
    01 Ironman
    Last edited by phines : 06/19/2002 at 12:33 PM

Thumbs up

Hey I made it! Good work guys looking good!

I have had my VX for about 2 years now and I love it more now than when I got it! These forms have been great and so useful in gathering information and meeting and talking with such a cool group of dedicated owners.

I look forward to more good times with your and my VehiCROSS!

Peace,
    Dave

SWEET! Good to see the new site all up and running. As soon as I get comfortable in the new den, I will be sure to make my contribution and become UBER. Having been the owner of 2 VXs now, I can honestly say, we own the tightest vehicle on the planet. Can a vehicle get any cooler? Nah, I think not.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT