Page 192 of 197 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    I agree with ipd...there is little to no aftermarket support for mods if you're going to off-road it hard. You'll have to make or have made everything for that. Other cosmetic stuff is pretty standard and available. Just depends on what your idea of mods are that you're looking for.

The FB group is more active but using the search function here will give you all the information and knowledge you'l likely ever need.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Congrats on the Vx acquisition

Depends I guess what you mean by "mods"

There are a few basic mods that are pretty easy to do..given a smidge of mechanical prowess
    Lifting/bigger tires is a favorite...
    Either bigger tires with no lift and VERY minor front cladding trim......
    ....or even bigger tires with a basic 1.5 inch lift and a bit more trimming , are both very popular..
    ....and easily achieved "in the driveway" on a Sat afternoon.
    Any higher and diff drops and CV issues start to rear their ugly head.

Best to start a thread here ...or over at the FB VX page for faster response, plenty of LONG time knowledge over there too.....
    ....and let us know what you are thinking reletive to "mods"

As Earl said..use search here and at FB page...maybe start here by looking at a great Lifting thread ..
    ... put "913 experiment" into search.

Cheers
    Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi everyone! My name is Kev and I picked up my Ironman edition Vehicross almost 7 years ago when I was 15 with 99,000 miles. It didn't run but my father and I took it on as a fun rebuild project. Now 40,000 later I can say, I have been on so many insane adventures in my VX and am forever grateful to have it as my first car. His name is Douglas.

First VX, have some questions

Hi everyone. Excited to finally own my very first VX. I've been looking for one on and off again for the last 6 years, and finally found one that was in my price range and condition I was looking for. The car ran great when I picked it up apart from a fairly heavy fuel smell coming from the engine bay (could not see any obvious leaks anywhere). Before bringing it into a shop I decided to replace the FPR, EGR gasket, and Injectors in that order (one at a time). The car ran fine after replacing the first two, but after replacing the injectors the car would stall after turning it on and letting it reach idle (it has no problems starting). I also noticed that the injector for cylinder 6 looked like it was flooding from the bottom of the injector, (where the injector meets the head). I replaced that injector but it would still flood once the car got to idle after startup. Also the fuel smell was still present. Out of options I towed the car to AAA to see if they could resolve the both the fuel smell and the stalling at idle issue. After a couple of days it looks like they found the source of the fuel smell, it was the fuel line running from the FPR that had a leak. They ended up replacing both the fuel line and the intake manifold gasket. However the stalling issue still persists. They then told me it was most likely either a bad fuel filter or fuel pump. I thought this was strange as the car ran fine before I started fiddling with the injectors, however as the car still could not run I told them to proceed with the fuel filter and fuel pump replacement. After trying 4 different fuel pumps, they called back to tell me that the VX needs 48-55 fuel pressure and that non of the 4 fuel pump they tried could produce anything above a 40 PSI. So they told me that the reason the car is starting but stalling is that its not getting enough fuel pressure.

Sorry for the long explanation but I tried to be as thorough as I could without writing a book haha. If any of the members here could lead me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated because I am out of ideas, as AAA told me that they can't continue working on the car until I bring them a fuel pump that pushes out at 48-55 PSI.

Hello from the mountains of northern Arizona

Hello,

AZMusclecar coming to you from the northern mountains of Arizona in the US. I just picked up a 1999 Ironman
    yesterday from the 2nd owner in San Diego and truly enjoyed my 450 mile drive home.

I purchased a 2007 Honda Element last year and my wife liked it so she took that car and thus I needed one for myself.
    This VX fits me my personality and my garage needs. And this past winter we had a 30+ inch snowfall here and I
    didn't have any vehicle I felt capable of getting me around in case of an emergency. Well that void is filled as well.

I am looking forward to some trail driving in the mountains here and with this being my first serious 4X4, I can at least
    know I am in one of the best off-road vehicles out here.

Looking forward to a fast and complete education of the VX. I like to do my own maintenance and upkeep so I'll be
    looking for all sorts of tips on keeping my VX as fresh and reliable as possible.

Welcome. I too made the pilgrimage from San Diego to Phoenix, so I'm aware of the hot desolation of I-10 mid-summer. Welcome!

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    I made the journey from Irving, CA to Austin, TX in August of last year with my Proton...2nd VX for me at that time. Welcome to the maddness...be sure to join the Facebook group as well since both offer great help but the FB group is much more active.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Quote Originally Posted by ipd View Post
    Welcome. I too made the pilgrimage from San Diego to Phoenix, so I'm aware of the hot desolation of I-10 mid-summer. Welcome!
    Thank you and funny how boring the drive gets and you see ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL that open desert just begging to be stirred up in the VX.
    I could feel the slight tug of the wheel and I knew the VX wanted to go play in the big sandbox but I resisted. I brought it home and I am now
    going through everything from A to Z........(A-Z punn intended) to verify the safety and security of the VX. The seller kept records of repairs
    in his head. So I have changed the oil, filter, flushed the P/S, today rotate the tires, clean the K&N air filter, lubricate door hinges and locks,
    and I have a whole list to go through

But this work of art sure looks good in my garage.........
    1999 White Ironman

Hopefully you didn't blow a head gasket, like i think i did. But at least it's been great since i had it replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by ipd View Post
    Hopefully you didn't blow a head gasket, like i think i did. But at least it's been great since i had it replaced.
    I didn't blow a head gasket............I had the A/C set on Arctic and was cool as the Terminator in the bar scene trying to get clothes and a bike.
    1999 White Ironman

That just makes it worse. I had the windows down and the heater on at one point. A/C just helps make the engine bay hotter.

Hello from a newbie VX owner and looking for suggestions/help

As a new owner of a 1999 VX I am very happy (wanted one for years). Prior owner did some great upgrades like a 2 inch lift and larger tires and great red tuff wheels. But one thing I have seen in photos but not on line to purchase is a Carbon Fiber Hood insert with a scoop or venting. Does anyone know of any for sale or where to even look?

Look forward to learning more about the VX from my new VX family.

Dave

Hi- The carbon fiber hood inserts are usually a wrap, and all of the scoops or vents are custom made. None came like that. I know one owner several years ago did a real carbon fiber hood, maybe the insert also, but it was insanely expensive.

People have used various scoops from other vehicles. Recently MileHighVX (Earl) did one on his that looks fantastic. He'd be happy to share what he used etc...
    Sometimes youy'll find somebody selling one, but very rarely.

Do a search on here for scoop and you should find a bunch of hits. Look through all them, there's a wealth of knowledge on this site. Whatever question you can think of....somebody else has already asked it and it's answered somewhere here.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

What Kat said. But I'll add that imho, there's other cosmetic things you can do that will improve the look easier/faster/better. Smoked light covers is the one I love the most. Tint and window visors a close 2nd. Smoking the other lenses is a close 3rd. Has a completely different look than stock this way.

http://i.imgur.com/pDXrCS1.jpg

Rudy Servande makes Skid ABS decorative skid plates for the front, back and rockers, he is also planning on making a hood insert with scoop in the near future. I am not sure what his forum name is but you can find him on the Isuzu VehiCROSS Facebook page.