Page 181 of 197 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 191 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

As with the 3/s...get it 100% running right...then mod it.

p.s.
    I installed bright-*** LED's last week. they are TITs. perfect for the smoked light covers.

New to the group, I got a silver 01 with 230k, premuch stock, a/c under repairs, PS window is falling down(what to do?)DS mirror not moving!, but since 99 when I heard about VX wanted one, now after three Isuzu's got one. Looking forward to enjoy this truck, anyone around LOS ANGELES aria?

Quote Originally Posted by falcon View Post
    New to the group, I got a silver 01 with 230k, premuch stock, a/c under repairs, PS window is falling down(what to do?)DS mirror not moving!, but since 99 when I heard about VX wanted one, now after three Isuzu's got one. Looking forward to enjoy this truck, anyone around LOS ANGELES aria?
    Hiya Falcon. Welcome to the site and congrats on finding your new ride.

The window falling could be caused by a few different things, so simply running a site search for "Window fix" should bring up quite a few threads regarding the different possible causes and their related fixes (window glass bracket, regulator, etc).

I don't have current access to my electrical manuals at the moment for suggesting possible causes for your mirror issue, so I"ll have to check later.

Hello VX community,
    I just bought a 99 VX and drove it home yesterday. It runs well, but cosmetically it's on the rough side.
    I will be browsing for info on things like shocks, and the door pulls. The inner door pulls appear to be made from peanut brittle, but they are black.

Thanks in advance for any links and advice!!

I ended up using lizard-skins chainstay protectors to hold the inner handle on the door card. 2x of those, cut in half, fit on the handle nicely. Not a perfect solution, but it does prevent inadvertently breaking them off the door, and the black ones I got fit well with the color scheme.

OEM shocks are pretty baller. If yours are toast & you're not trying to go crazy with the VX, I'd just look for a nice used set.

P.S.
    Make sure you check the oil level every time you gas up. That's a good fail-safe for these, since most like to burn oil it seems.

I got my OME shocks rebuilt and I love them, here is a thread that has a link the place that rebuilds them. http://www.vehicross.info/showthread...ghlight=shocks
    Lots of good info here on the forum you should be able to find info an anything you need. Good luck with all you upgrades and enjoy your new toy.

Congrats on the new VX!
    Everybody has had the door pull ( that has the window buttons) crack horizontally where you grab and pull it. I repaired 3 or 4 with JBWELD, the red and black tube with the steel in it. Applied it on under side and especially a little in the thin channel. Sand it down, paint it, strong as cement. i have a ton of pics if you're interested.
    Another quick fix is with electric tape wrapped around it so it overlaps a bit.
    You want to prevent that long skinny piece from cracking off.

And another thing....chances are very high the rearward tab is broken off the handle. The handle can still be nicely seated without it. Or you can use JBWeld to form a little nub to kind of take the place of the plastic tab.

If you get an error 404 when you do a search on here, check the actual URL. If after the www.vehicross.info it starts with "/forums", delete those 7 characters and it should work for you.
    Good Luck

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VX KAT For This Useful Post:

CatFish (10/12/2016), ipd (10/13/2016), siemprelisto (10/13/2016)

Wish we could get this site working 100% again.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ipd For This Useful Post:

fuzzy (10/13/2016)

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Congrats on the new VX!
    Everybody has had the door pull ( that has the window buttons) crack horizontally where you grab and pull it. I repaired 3 or 4 with JBWELD, the red and black tube with the steel in it. Applied it on under side and especially a little in the thin channel. Sand it down, paint it, strong as cement. i have a ton of pics if you're interested.
    Another quick fix is with electric tape wrapped around it so it overlaps a bit.
    You want to prevent that long skinny piece from cracking off.

And another thing....chances are very high the rearward tab is broken off the handle. The handle can still be nicely seated without it. Or you can use JBWeld to form a little nub to kind of take the place of the plastic tab.

If you get an error 404 when you do a search on here, check the actual URL. If after the www.vehicross.info it starts with "/forums", delete those 7 characters and it should work for you.
    Good Luck
    I can't figure out how to thank you guys as shown above so I will just say THANKS FOR THE ANSWERS!!

Aloha from Hawaii!

Hey there folks! Glad to be a part of the forum!

I'm a new Vehicross owner here on Oahu. I don't even know what to tell you about the truck yet, except that I like it very much.

In fact, I like it in spite of the fact that I probably overpaid, and it has a MISSING right front axle bearing and thrust washer. So I bought it it, drove it very little, and noticed that I would get this BAD vibration... Took the passenger front side apart and discovered the missing bearing (that's the needle bearing inside the spindle - not the wheel bearings - although the inner wheel bearing came apart in my hands, too), broken ABS brake sensor (ouch - we all know what THOSE cost - and it explains the ABS light being on), and a big chunk missing from the inside brake pad. I'm not quite sure what happened in this wheel yet - I THINK someone took it apart, and then had some issues...

Surprisingly, the spindle looks fine, as does the axle. There's a little wear where the splines from the axle rubbed the inside of the spindle, but all of the bearing surfaces look great. I was able to source wheel and axle bearings and brake pads locally - but had to order the oil seal and thrust washer. So parts are on the way from the mainland (sigh - $25 for parts - but $27 for shipping. That's Hawaii.) and I hope to have her back together this weekend.

This truck is a 2001 in black with grey seats. About 155K miles. I understand that the prior owner is retired military here on Oahu - and I would hazard a guess that the truck is not original to the island.

I did run into another Vehicross owner the day after I bought mine - up on the North Shore (surfing) in the dark green. Looking forward to catching up with him in person soon!

Mahalo!

Jonathan

Yeah, owning a VX outside the lower48 isn't exactly a cheap proposition.

1999, Victory White, Ironman Edition, 1635
    I needed a vehicle fast and NOW, as my MINI lost it's transmission and supercharger. I went on CL and saw this cool looking '99 Ironman, older than I was looking for and I thought the price was a little high but was still drawn to it and it looked to be in great shape. I gave the owner an offer of $4500 and he agreed on the spot, picked it up the other day and couldn't be happier. This car has the original window sticker, all original paperwork, original destination dealer checklist and manifest. Came from Japan in July of '99, ported in San Diego, freighted to Portland, trucked to Eugene, OR. Dealer manifest states it came there with 6 miles on it and it stayed with the dealership for 2 years, (I'm thinking it was used by the dealer), sold in March of 2002 with 429 miles. This car still looks showroom new and has all the original added options that brought the original price to a whopping $31,377 in 1999, (no wonder it sat for 2+yrs.). I hope to have this for many years to come and trust that this site will help me find what I need to keep it running and looking great. So far all I've found is the Ironman floor mats are a little worn, (where can I find them?), and there's a cd stuck hard in the 6 disc cd player. Other than that, it's in beautiful shape since it's a one owner car and garage kept. Thanks for having me.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 321ironman For This Useful Post:

ipd (12/01/2016)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon View Post
    http://www.vehicross.info/showthread...ny-So-Cal-VXrs

321. That's a HELL of an upgrade from a mini to the greatest mass-produced off-road vehicle ever made.

I recommend Hex mats, since they're much more spill-proof (and wear/dirt proof) and look great. They also match the grille.

I'd also recommend swapping to an aftermarket head unit with an aux/USB input...as this will give you FAR more options. (I have a 128GB sandisk cruzer ultra in mine--~4000 songs--and unless you knew what to look for, you wouldn't even see it there).

i'll take any chance i get to post-whore mine.
    http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ps8thxcrff.jpg

Ironically - I too drive a Mini Cooper (2003 6-spd S model) ...

Love both - but obviously for COMPLETELY different reasons.

But if you think about it - both are kind of "campy" vehicle selections... definitely unique crowds who love them.