Page 95 of 197 FirstFirst ... 45 85 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 105 145 195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Quote Originally Posted by H3_VX View Post
    I went to look at twistedsymphony's VX today. Its the first time I've sat in the VX. I expected it to be cramped seeing as how i'm almost 6-4. It wasn't too bad. Just not alot of headroom for me. I probably had 1.5 to 2 inches max. The interior was in incredibly excellent condition. The exterior on the other hand shows signs of alot of wear. There was alot of rust on the undercarriage (to be expected on an 11 year old car I guess). There were also little rust spots all around the body. The Vehicross emblems on the sides were taken off and it didn't seem to have been used in months.
    I hope if twisted comes back to this site he doesn't get upset about me posting about the VX. It was mostly expected wear for a 99 like I stated before. He had put an aftermarket muffler on it that sounds badass! I'm going to seriously think about it while looking at some other options. My wife would drive this vehicle too and she feels a little uncomfortable with the 130,000 miles. I don't however. I just don't feel comfortable paying what the asking price is for the condition of the exterior. I like my cars looking very nice on the outside more than the inside (I know that sounds weird). I would spend alot of money to fix up the exterior if I bought.
    H3,
    I would highly suggest you extend your search to find a VX that has not spent it's life in New England...

I grew up in Chelmsford, Ma (not too far from you) and therefore, my autobody career started back there. So, I have worked on my share of rusted vehicles...
    Not only do you get the rust spots on the body, but what I really hated, was quite often, the small 10mil bolts would get rusted and when you tried to take them out they would snap right off. Then your drilling and extracting, sometimes tapping new threads, etc...
    Moving out to Az and working on vehicles that haven't been cursed with the rust "cancer" made a huge difference in how I viewed used vehicles... and our beloved VX's definately fall into that used category.

Good luck in your search!
    Dan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Luna X View Post
    H3,
    I would highly suggest you extend your search to find a VX that has not spent it's life in New England...
    x2. There are a lot of southern and western VXes out there that will be largely rust free. I suggest that if you really want a nice VX, be patient, and stash away $500 so you can fly to whereever it is you find a nice one and drive back. And a lot of us on here are willing to go look at VXes for other members, so if you find one somewhere, let us know and whoever is closest might be willing to take a look at it for you.

Bart

A guy here in town is going up to Michigan tomorrow to pick up an 01' Ebony with 80K miles for $8000. He was waiting by my VX last week when I came out of work with his wife and said they had been looking for one and didn't even know there was one already in town lol. He was sad because he thought he would be the first around here. He's driving up not flying though (which I would do if you can because what if something breaks on your way home that you don't expect, be nice to have a ride). Like I told ya in my PM, the right one will find you!
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

You guys are all so great. And I thought the guys on my HUMMER club were awesome. Thanks so much! The search shall continue. I will be checking Craigslist, autotrader and ebay daily.
    "THEORETICALLY, STILL A TRUCK!"
    2001 VX
    Mods

2008 HUMMER H3

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    You guys are all so great. And I thought the guys on my HUMMER club were awesome. Thanks so much! The search shall continue. I will be checking Craigslist, autotrader and ebay daily.
    www.autotempest.com will get them all with one touch...
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    www.autotempest.com will get them all with one touch...
    "THEORETICALLY, STILL A TRUCK!"
    2001 VX
    Mods

2008 HUMMER H3

Here's another site you might check w/about 100 VX ads. I use this site allot for Bikes...

http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cg...mit=++++go++++
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

Since we are sharing secrets here is my favorite search engine

www.craiglook.com Idk how popular it is, but I use it every day

Interceptor

Hi. My name is Chris and I just purchased a 2000 Ebony. Apparently it was a Florida police interceptor for the first couple years of its life. Carfax records seem to support this along with the blackened right side reflectors! I stumbled on this VX 3 weeks ago looking for a jeep. I said to the dealer "What is that thing..its Ugly." He said "Yeah but you watch how fast it sells." Then I said "It looks like a big roller skate or something"..... Odd how it grew on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezr View Post
    Hi. My name is Chris and I just purchased a 2000 Ebony. Apparently it was a Florida police interceptor for the first couple years of its life. Carfax records seem to support this along with the blackened right side reflectors! I stumbled on this VX 3 weeks ago looking for a jeep. I said to the dealer "What is that thing..its Ugly." He said "Yeah but you watch how fast it sells." Then I said "It looks like a big roller skate or something"..... Odd how it grew on me.
    Welcome to the fam.....we see the addiction has worked quite quickly on you!
    Where did you pick yours up??

Not sure which exact reflectors you're talking about, but there's a company that sells blackened front side fender lenses /reflectors (the triangle shape one) and the front turn signal lenses.....KLEARZ.com
    Also, some have sprayed their lenses.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Welcome Chris...funny how the VX just continues to grow on you the longer you have it.

Keep everyone posted on what mods you plan on. Lots of great guys/gals here with plenty of help and great support.

Welcome, Chris. You're not gonna believe it, but it looks like we had four previous owners of that VX as members here, making you the fifth known member here with a 2000 ebony #0013. That has gotta be a new record!

scott20024 from VA way back in '03 on 20's with some pics.

Chrissepwoz from NJ in '04.

Jax VX from FL in '05.

brent laudicina from FL in '08.

None of these members made very many posts here.

Mark Griffin

I got excited for a moment i went looking to see if I could find who had mine before I got it but no match on the VIN or they weren't a registered user.

WOW that ebony had quite an east coast journey.

My names Evan. Just moved down to south carolina from Colorado bought my VX I guess less than a week ago. Needs work but thats what makes it worth it.

Welcome to the party Evan.

Lots of great guys/gals here to help and offer advice and support.

Too bad you had to leave CO!